More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:31:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Look out!!! M&G runs from its own disk, not latest EP.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look out!!! M&G runs from its own disk, not latest EP.  (Read 58634 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Look out!!! M&G runs from its own disk, not latest EP.
« Reply #25 on: 2008 November 19, 08:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ikanhazindividualroofslopesliders!!!!!!!11111onetyone

I know! I damned near weed myself when I saw that Cheesy I can't wait for this L&P now. Only 2 more days. Yay.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 November 19, 13:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It adds recolors for mailboxes, and apt mailboxes as well! I need it!

It looks like the sim team is finally shaping up. Too bad it's so close to the end.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 19, 13:24:24 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 November 19, 14:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe so, but stuff packs should add new features, and they didn't have to add them.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 November 19, 14:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It adds recolors for mailboxes, and apt mailboxes as well! I need it!
It looks like the sim team is finally shaping up. Too bad it's so close to the end.

How in the heck are they "shaping up"? They make you use the new stuff pack to run the game! This means we have to update all our shit when we just did that for Apartment Life.

All part of the game, isn't it?  I mean, if it was just a straight stuffpack, they know we'd all just arrr it and go on our merry way running from the AL no-cd.  This way, they make it more difficult, in hopes of selling it before the torrents come out.  Won't work of course.

As to "close to the end", if TS3 flops, and we all keep playng TS2, who knows where the end actually is?  I'm certainly not jumping on TS3 the day it comes out - I'm far too invested in the current game and have not yet explored all its possibilities.  I have not had a werewolf.  I have not built an apartment.  I have never had a YA in a greek house.  There's too much left to do.  The end is not in sight until you think it is.

Tribulatio proxima est
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 November 19, 15:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh don't - please!  I don't want me and Peter to be updating SimPE till we're on our pensions  Sad

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 November 19, 15:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh don't - please!  I don't want me and Peter to be updating SimPE till we're on our pensions  Sad

Speaking of which, I think I still need to download SimPE for AL.  Haven't used it in a while, I guess.  Anyhow, I didn't mean that EAxis would necessarily continue to release EPs and SPs, but that as long as the game continues to interest me, and I find new stuff to do, I see no particular reason to call it quits the day TS3 comes out.  TS2 will likely continue to be played for a while yet (without the need to update SimPE anymore).

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 November 19, 16:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur. If it wasn't for my MATY sims, I wouldn't use SimPE at all. I have to have everyone's interests right, after all.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 November 19, 16:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean the end of official content. I will never get The Sims 3.

Anyway can someone post a pic of the new build mode section?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 November 19, 16:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ikanhazindividualroofslopesliders!!!!!!!11111onetyone

I know! I damned near weed myself when I saw that Cheesy I can't wait for this L&P now. Only 2 more days. Yay.
I know I know!

I don't need more garden stuff. It's nice, but I have a shitload of CC flowers and bushes and trees. I don't care for the staircase as I don't do big homes. The thing would probably take up an entire house of mine. I just built a two story 12x14 monstrosity for an orphanage and was almost crying because it was so huge and everything in me was screaming to make it smaller. Ceiling fans? Nice, but without the fire-breathing toddlers swinging from them they are nothing but a cruel joke.

Easier roof angling? Need. Yay for pirate cat.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 November 19, 16:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur. If it wasn't for my MATY sims, I wouldn't use SimPE at all. I have to have everyone's interests right, after all.
Don't need SimPE, interests are draggable in debug mode.

I mean the end of official content. I will never get The Sims 3.
We shall see. It's a bit early to say NEVER. TS3 has enough visible similarities to TS2 that it may be possible to twist its arm a bit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 November 19, 16:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know this, but it is sometimes easier to do in SimPE because you don't need to load lots. I was just mentioning because that is the only time I've used SimPE since the Wrangler came out.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2008 November 19, 17:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to load lots either - just use a teleporter to get them in one at a time and make them selectable.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 November 19, 17:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That involves loading the game.  Cool I only used it when I had 20+ sims to use. That and I was not actually planning on playing the game. I just wanted to edit them. =p

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 November 19, 17:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, the Make Selectable feature uber-borks the resulting instance, so you have to zap them off again afterwards. Unless you have AWESOME selectable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 November 19, 17:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Selectable?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 November 19, 17:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is nothing wrong with the way my teleporter makes sims selectable.  Even if they are an NPC or a shop assistant they can go on doing their jobs!

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 November 19, 17:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he may have been referring to the boolprop Make Selectable.

Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 November 19, 17:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Selectable?

FFS L&P?

There is nothing wrong with the way my teleporter makes sims selectable.  Even if they are an NPC or a shop assistant they can go on doing their jobs!

Speaking of teleporters, ever considered adding a visual window to yours like the Paladin's?  Some of us have a lot of characters.  A Frankenversion, maybe?  Add an "Open Visual Dialog' option to the menu or something, perhaps?  Just a suggestion.  Maybe you are glad you thought of it?

While I have your attention, can I gripe about the cat?  I like cats, cats are great.  Don't think I am ungrateful, because I am not, but every farking community lot has to have a farking cat statue in the corner!  Now what would be really awesome, I think, is a teleporter cloned from a lighted dance floor tile or some such thing and that also could be made transparent/invisible.  That would be super cool.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 November 19, 18:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To all owners of legit copies of the game
an Arr'd version of the stuff pack has been detected. To confirm its validity, we request your help. We need the folloing information:
  • is it really named Sims2EP9 in the executable and the disc label?
  • what are the MD5 hashes, or at least the file sizes, of the game executable and the executables in the root of the disc?
Thank you for your help
the pirates in #grah

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2008 November 19, 18:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of teleporters, ever considered adding a visual window to yours like the Paladin's? 

I wished I had thought of it when I saw his, but since he has worked hard to make his different from mine in some way, it would seem incredibly oafish to just go and nick his idea like that.  Much as I would love to, it just doesn't seem good manners.

Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 November 19, 18:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of teleporters, ever considered adding a visual window to yours like the Paladin's?

I wished I had thought of it when I saw his, but since he has worked hard to make his different from mine in some way, it would seem incredibly oafish to just go and nick his idea like that.  Much as I would love to, it just doesn't seem good manners.

That just doesn't make any sense.  It is called, "I'm glad I thought of that!"  Not nicking.  It might be nicking if you extracted his mod and just copy/pasted it.  Otherwise it is just an idea, and all of civilization is built upon the ideas that came before.  You think perhaps he made a teleporter because he saw yours?  Maybe he saw yours and thought he had a good idea?  That is normal.  If you have such scruples, then you could always collaborate, or just give credit where you think it is due.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 November 19, 18:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look at it as a sort of flattery or a compliment - "look how good your idea was".  Provide a credit to Paladin for the idea and off you go.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 November 19, 19:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you can ask if you can steal. =p

I haven't used his, does it function like a phone or something?

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 November 19, 19:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you can ask if you can steal. =p

I haven't used his, does it function like a phone or something?
Yeah, except that it divides the Sims up into categories--townies, downtownies, jocks, techies, etc. which drives me nuts.  I never have any idea what group most NPCs belong to. 

I dunno, Inge, talk to James.  Maybe you two can do a collaboration.  You can add the stuff your teleporter does to the way his works.....
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 November 19, 19:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To all owners of legit copies of the game
an Arr'd version of the stuff pack has been detected. To confirm its validity, we request your help. We need the folloing information:
  • is it really named Sims2EP9 in the executable and the disc label?
  • what are the MD5 hashes, or at least the file sizes, of the game executable and the executables in the root of the disc?
Thank you for your help
the pirates in #grah
Isn't H&M or something EP9? I remember one of them being EP13, so it would make sense that SPs count as EPs internally. It's been awhile and I haven't installed the game at all on my now-on-life-support system as I can never play it on this thing again.

Some people were also reporting that they need to use the AL disc to play the game. Hm...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: