More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 10:02:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Store Stuff
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Store Stuff  (Read 114638 times)
ladyangua
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Store Stuff
« Reply #75 on: 2008 November 17, 12:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have all EPs?  When I checked with all EPs up to AL, the windows lit the room properly (as did the doors) if they were put into a wall receiving sunlight.
Yeah I do have all EPs and all SPs except for ikea and H&M or did have until my computer crashed Saturday night in the middle of furnishing the castle. Cry .
Before that I had experimented a bit and the castle windows were not casting light into the room like the other windows but the room was not suffering a hit to the enviroment score like it would have if it had no light.
Now that I think about it maybe it was my graphics card because I'm pretty sure that is what caused the crash.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 17, 12:33:32 by ladyangua » Logged
Grania
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 November 17, 16:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance you could also do the deco & cubic desk chairs? And the spooky set? (Only the small gargoyle, streetlight, and wall light show up for me.) Please please please?

Snoopy, the items you mention do not currently work for Macs.  As I understand it, they need resources from one of the EPs we don't have yet in order to work properly.  The Castle bed and treasure chest are the same way, which is why seelindarun didn't include those objects when he/she changed the object flags for this most recent set.
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 November 17, 21:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having trouble getting my game to load with this stuff installed.  The Cubic and Deco sets both crash my game as soon as the loading screen is about to fade to the neighbourhood-choosing-thing.  I changed field 0040 to 0x0001 in SimPE, to no effect.  Is this because I only have the base game and University, or did I screw something up while editing?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 November 17, 21:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please read the thread you are posting in.  We've already discussed the problem of missing EPs with respect to store objects.  The issues with mac players with BV have nothing to do with macs specifically.  They apply to anyone who does not have a complete set of EPs up to AL.

To elaborate on what Grania wrote, the objects which will not load for BV players require more extensive modification than just setting flags.  (Read my earlier post in this thread for an idea of what I tried on the Castle bed as an example.)  Essentially, it's the same principle as updating CC for later EPs, except in reverse.  If you want to learn, there are tutorials for this.  Unfortunately, even though I understand what must be done in theory, I don't have enough experience to know which resources need to be replaced for each object x each EP.  For some objects, it would probably be easier to remake them from scratch using only the mesh from the store object.  I continue to read and learn and try different things with those stubborn objects, but it's mostly just to advance my own learning process.  Anyone else who is interested should feel free to try their hand at it.
shastakiss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 November 18, 11:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh sorry! I saw Cynarra had tried it but I guess I just hoped Embarrassed (And why would newer eps affect dining chairs? Stupid Eaxis...)

But thank you again to the original uploaders for the castle set , to seelindarun for flagging it base-game, and to Richief for the bedding fix.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 November 22, 01:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance you could also do the deco & cubic desk chairs? And the spooky set? (Only the small gargoyle, streetlight, and wall light show up for me.) Please please please?

Snoopy, the items you mention do not currently work for Macs.  As I understand it, they need resources from one of the EPs we don't have yet in order to work properly.  The Castle bed and treasure chest are the same way, which is why seelindarun didn't include those objects when he/she changed the object flags for this most recent set.

Grania, do you mind mentioning which objects do work for people who have Macs with all EPs and SPs?  Trying to keep track of this gives me a huge headache. 

EDIT:  Sorry, I saw your earlier post, but it still does give me a giant headache.  I'll try things a bit at a time. 

Lo, how I hate the Sims store.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 22, 02:05:53 by professorbutters » Logged

Grania
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 November 24, 06:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PB, the Sims 2 Store items that have not worked in my game to date are:

EDIT: All Sims Store build and buy objects now work in game thanks to the efforts of seelindarun and the wisdom of Lord Darcy.

My game includes the following EPs and SPs: Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons & BV; FFS, GL & Happy Holiday.

Figured it was shorter and neater to list what DIDN'T work than what did.   Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 December 12, 02:42:32 by Grania » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 November 24, 17:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Castle Bed, Castle treasure chest, and the two dining chairs work for me. All EP, H&M, K&B, Ikea, and now M&G. Worked before M&G. I can't speak for the spooky items as I had no interest in them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 November 24, 18:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please don't spread the confusion, Zazazu.  Grania, professorbutters (PB) and I were posting about which store objects work if you have all EP/SPs in OS X.  FT/AL/M&G are not available for macs.

However, it doesn't actually matter whether you're on a mac or PC.  If you have all EPs up to BV, Grania's list of broken TSStore objects is accurate.

Grania, could you please edit your post to explicitly include what EPs you have, instead of posting "all EPs".  I'm sure professorbutters isn't the last to ask about this, and it would be nice to be able to link to your post, for the benefit of anyone (mac or PC) who has your EP configuration.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2008 November 24, 18:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have downloaded the castle walls pack from the link here.  Normally I would have been happy to purchase it legitimately, but they seem to hate Brits at EA.

Anyway, I do have EA Store edition installed (I did that before I knew I could not get the objects).  Should I uninstall it first in case it phones home and gets me into trouble?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2008 November 24, 19:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did exactly the same Inge. They hate Swedes too. I haven't had any problems so far.
tippytoeturnip
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 November 24, 19:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The EA store edition annoyed me, because it's a pointless, useless folder that's just there to remind me I was dumb enough not to go here and download the stuff in the first place instead of trying (and failing because I wasn't from the right side of the pond) to throw money at EA so they could magnanimously throw broken shit at me, so I got rid of it fast as I possibly could.  Grin Everything works perfectly fine for me without it.

All swedes are turnips, but not all turnips are Swedish
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2008 November 25, 17:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could someone with the know how please lower the Fleur de Luce Chandelier so its not sticking thru the ceiling  Huh

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2008 November 25, 17:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would prefer two versions - one without the annoying chain sticking up on upper floor, and one with a longer chain which could hang in a room with a two floor high ceiling.
Grania
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 November 26, 03:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

seelindarun, previous post has been edited.  Link away!
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 November 26, 10:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New items found:

Ultimate Interior Castle Bundle (includes 21 pieces)
1,275 SimPoint

Now your Sim's desire to live and dress the part of royalty has finally come true. The Royals will enjoy home even more with plush interiors and grand lighting. This bundle contains hand carved living, dining and bedroom furniture, beautiful rugs, a one of a kind tapestry, chest, door, and window. 21 separate pieces

http://thesims2store.ea.com/productList.html?gender=male&startAt=0&categoryId=10658&scategoryId=10751&index= See it yourself!

Anyone still have enough points for that?  Tongue
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 November 26, 20:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PB, the Sims 2 Store items that have not worked in my game to date are:

Cubic Dining Chair
Deco Dining Chair
Spooky Fence Lamp
Mean Jack-o'-Lantern Table Lamp
Nice Jack-o'-Lantern Table Lamp
Spooky Floor Plant
1x3 Gargoyle Sculpture (the one that's not the pig)
Castle Double Bed
Castle Treasure Chest

Everything else works fine for me.  My game includes the following EPs and SPs: Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons & BV; FFS, GL & Happy Holiday.

Figured it was shorter and neater to list what DIDN'T work than what did.   Wink

Grania, Thanks for the list. At least now I can give up on those objects for the time being. However, I have to ask- is there a reason that I can't get any of the beds to show up in my game? I'm not talking about just the castle ones.
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 November 26, 23:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New items found:

Pretty slow aren't we? These have been posted in Peasantry for awhile now.

I'm not sure about that, this seems to be a new item. If only EA provided more pics instead of this:

1,275 SimPoints Ultimate Interior Castle Bundle (includes 21 pieces)
Now your Sim's desire to live and dress the part of royalty has finally come true. The Royals will enjoy home even more with plush interiors and grand lighting. This bundle contains hand carved living, dining and bedroom furniture, beautiful rugs, a one of a kind tapestry, chest, door, and window. 21 separate pieces including 2 outfits and 2 hairstyles in all.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2008 November 26, 23:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have it. It's in the Castle collection here, where else would I have got it?
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 November 27, 00:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the ultimate bundle thing is new. If only people bother to take a look closely at the link siupang posted. The one we currently have is the one with 15 items, this has 21.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2008 November 27, 00:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one I have, called Castle Objects, has 21 objects in it. I am in Europe so I have obtained it here.
ETA: its the one posted here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13577.msg387229.html#msg387229
« Last Edit: 2008 November 27, 02:14:08 by ingeli » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 November 27, 10:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Royals will enjoy home even more with plush interiors and grand lighting. This bundle contains hand carved living, dining and bedroom furniture, beautiful rugs, a one of a kind tapestry, chest, door, and window. 21 separate pieces including 2 outfits and 2 hairstyles in all.

It looks like they made a additional royal part with different objects in it.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 November 27, 11:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one I have, called Castle Objects, has 21 objects in it. I am in Europe so I have obtained it here.
ETA: its the one posted here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13577.msg387229.html#msg387229

Those are not the ones... I know you have those new items... But the 21 new ones are different!
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 November 27, 11:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New items found:

Pretty slow aren't we? These have been posted in Peasantry for awhile now.

I guess those are new... So, I am not slow  Grin
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2008 November 27, 13:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will check it out when I get home. But, even if they call it plush, the description (dining, bedroom, chest, door, window..) sounds a LOT like the previous items.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: