More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 05:44:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I have a problem with hacked buy clothes at home dresser.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have a problem with hacked buy clothes at home dresser.  (Read 6951 times)
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
I have a problem with hacked buy clothes at home dresser.
« on: 2005 November 07, 22:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search for this problem to no avail so I hope this has not been already addressed.  I use the hacked buy clothes at home Chesterstick Cherry Dresser2 and recently the mannequin has shifted down to where I cannot see the entire outfit.  I attached a picture of it.  Has anyone had this issue or know what may be the cause or resolution?

Any help is much appreciated.

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: I have a problem with hacked buy clothes at home dresser.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 07, 22:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had similiar problems with various dresser hacks. Sometimes only the head will show-up (no body). Other times, the body is shifted like in your picture. I don't know what causes it, but I usually get rid of the dresser if it keeps doing that. I figure either its conflicting with something I already have or the modder missed something when hacking the dresser.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 08, 00:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have an adult buy clothes for a teen, it'll do something like that (if not that exact thing) so I wonder if it's some sort of categorization issue... just a thought.

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 08, 00:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried JM's pile of clothes?  It works perfectly even with NL.  (And you get the change appearance too, so you don't forget.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 08, 01:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have an adult buy clothes for a teen, it'll do something like that (if not that exact thing) so I wonder if it's some sort of categorization issue... just a thought.

You were right on the money.  I went through my teens clothing and found the ones causing the issues.

Thanks so much.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 08, 01:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also see this in my game, both the shifted body and the head only. Only mine shows up in my community lots as I don't have any hacks that let me buy clothes from home. And oddly enough I think it only happens to my female sims. Does your body shift back if you change clothing categories? Mine does.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 08, 01:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM's hack allows all your sims to buy their own clothes, and it only costs 5 simoleons!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 08, 01:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how would a dunce like me figure out which clothes were the problem. I've got clean installer and haven't noticed anything out of whack?. Speak slowly cuz I'm a completer moron when it comes to this kind of thing Tongue
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 08, 01:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how would a dunce like me figure out which clothes were the problem. I've got clean installer and haven't noticed anything out of whack?. Speak slowly cuz I'm a completer moron when it comes to this kind of thing Tongue

I used Bodyshop but you can use CAS as well.  I went through my teens clothing and found clothes that I had recently downloaded that showed up as a Maxis item instead of whatever they were supposed to be.  For example I have 5 of the same tan teen Maxis skirts in row that when I put my mouse over it had a description of something else.  I had the mesh that went with it so it was not that, it just was not showing up properly for some reason.  I also deleted any items that made the mannequin turn see thru.  I had a couple shirts that when I selected them the top of the mannequin went blank.  I don't know that they were necessarily converted from adult clothing, but they were definitely messing things up.

Did I just make any sense?  lol
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 08, 01:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did these items show up correctly if you went and bought the clothes downtown, or when you were in CAS?  If it's only the dresser that has the problem, it seems a pity to delete clothes that you presumably downloaded because you liked!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 08, 02:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the stuff shows up in CAS but not in the community lots, I have some hairstyles like that too, they show up in CAS but not when I use a mirror. On the hair I did notice that it is age category related, so I guess the same principle applies to the clothes too? Off to CAS to investigate now. Thanks!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 08, 02:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a problem with some clothes and hair made with some older versions of SimPE in that if the original texture first made to go with the mesh isn't there then the recolors won't show up right. So say I made a new hair mesh and the first default texture I created for it was red, but then someone else made black and blond recolors. If that hair mesh were made with the version of SimPE that had this issue, then if you only had the mesh and the black and blond recolors but now the red, they wouldn't show up and it would default to Maxis hair (probably the Meg style if we're talking adult females).

I think I know how to fix it, but it involves changing the group ID in several places in SimPE and is kind of technical, not to mention tedious if you have a lot of files like that.

There's also an issue with clothing made from the pre-release bodyshop meshes in that the show up dark in the buying screen.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 08, 02:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's also worth taking the dresser out of your game and trying the Clothing tool - I never have any problems with it showing the mannequin correftly - and when you actually change your sims clothes to the new ones, you get your sim and not the mannequin, just as you would with the wardroble.  (The clothes cost extra, but it's a small price to pay for convenience!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 08, 02:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, so that would explian why I hair recolours from MTS2 not showing up ingame and then when I went to originating sites (Guppysims, etc) to pick up more colors then suddenly ALL the missing hair colors show up? So if I have an outfit I really really like and I could presumably find the original mesh/recolor/texture I might be able to get the missing clothing to show up ingame? A lot of what doesn't show is rcolors of recolors from MTS2
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 08, 04:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. Pixel as far as I know was the first person to notice this problem and did make a post about it on MTS2 but it didn't get much attention and a lot of the people who made things that had this problem may not have even known it. It doesn't surprise me that a lot of stuff from MTS2 have this issue because that's one of the places where the earliest stuff was posted and people were stilling figuring out how things worked.

You should have this problem on any newer made stuff, but the thing is people can still be making new textures off of custom meshes that were made some time ago and have this problem. Sad

At any rate, here's the old thread at MTS2 where Dr. Pixel goes into more detail about it:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56234

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 08, 08:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whenever this happens in my game,  I try to remember what outfits are on either side of it, to make it easier to find,   and then I go into cass and the one that is not showing up except the head,  is always a maxi default.  which I assume means I have downloaded a skin without a mesh. 

Then after I find and  delete it ,when I go back to the dresser I get normal pictures of clothes, no more just the heads.
  The same thing will happen when you are purchasing clothes downtown if you do not delete the offending skin. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 08, 10:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's time for MTS2 to remove some of their older stuff, or at least post a warning.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: