More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:08:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about adoption, dominance and graveyard ownage.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about adoption, dominance and graveyard ownage.  (Read 12356 times)
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Question about adoption, dominance and graveyard ownage.
« on: 2008 October 24, 15:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

#1, I've made from a bunch of CAS templates different elfs and am making them pregnant with eachother to make more different ones (all have blond or red hair and recessive eyecolours). But i have deceided against actually playing them in my hood (because i cant really get attached to 9 families that all have like 10 kids..). So instead i'd like to age them all down to toddler and let the social worker take them. That way whenever a family adopts they'll get an elf kid.

Will aging them down and letting them be taken away sufficiently break all relations and will it remove other junk or will i break my game in the long run by doing this?

#2, I'd like their ears to be dominant, if a father and mother have dominant ears (or either), will the kid also have dominant ears or will it be randomized at birth?

#3, After reading somewhere (prolly here) about graveyards and that i'ts best to have a graveyard owned by a sim to easier place the tombstones and stuff, i've made a graveyard owner (mr. George A. Romano is his name). He lives in the Downtown area, will it be a problem if he owned graveyards in the regular hood and shopping districts also? I don't want to move my tombstones between subhoods if i can help it. So will i have to make owners for the graveyards that live in the same subhood the graveyard is located or will mr. Romero do?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Question about adoption, dominance and graveyard ownage.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 24, 15:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory. Unless you have a hack that does otherwise, children put into the adoption pool get lobotimized by the Social Worker so they won't do silly things like cry that they got taken away from their real parents.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 24, 15:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

#3, After reading somewhere (prolly here) about graveyards and that i'ts best to have a graveyard owned by a sim to easier place the tombstones and stuff, i've made a graveyard owner (mr. George A. Romano is his name). He lives in the Downtown area, will it be a problem if he owned graveyards in the regular hood and shopping districts also? I don't want to move my tombstones between subhoods if i can help it. So will i have to make owners for the graveyards that live in the same subhood the graveyard is located or will mr. Romero do?
I never have my graveyards owned. Why do so? So you can see the annoying $ above the lot? You shouldn't be moving tombstones around in inventories. Just click on the gravestone and choose the Move to.. dialog. Then visit the lot when you get time and place things properly.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 24, 16:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that it was best to have owned graveyards if you didn't want the ghosts to all reset to hunger-type ghosts upon being moved to the unowned community lot.  But putting them on an owned lot would, of course, require moving them via inventory.  So the ghost type change thing is annoying, but is it actually more dangerous for the game to move graves around in inventories?  I thing I remember reading something about this not too long ago.  I'll see if I can find that discussion.

EDIT:
Found it, buried in this thread.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 24, 16:56:38 by SnootCB » Logged
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 24, 17:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will aging them down and letting them be taken away sufficiently break all relations and will it remove other junk or will i break my game in the long run by doing this?

When the Social Worker takes kids away, processes them so all their memories, wants history and family boundings are wiped out: they become clean like they were taken directly from CAS.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 24, 17:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah great, so it's pretty safe (bad word to use with anything related to Eaxis programming..) to assume townies that have met these people (trying to avoid that but not always possible) will also undergo lobotomisation in their relations with these folks.
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 24, 17:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I remember reading something about this not too long ago.  I'll see if I can find that discussion.

EDIT:
Found it, buried in this thread.

Thank you for finding this. My idea was to let mr. Romero come to the home of the dearly departed, make him selectable, grab the tombstone, kick him out, go to his lot and let him put the tombstone at the correct subneighborhood graveyard. Hopefully it will not be a problem for the gravestone to move from the main hood to downtown (in the inventory of Romero) and then back to the main hood again. I really prefer just 1 guy managing all the neighborhoods graveyards and not have a few of these graveyard tenders running around.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 24, 17:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last time I tried this (a few expansions ago), teens, adults, and elders aged down to children or toddlers still had adult-type aspirations.  There's nothing sadder than a toddler with a LTW to woohoo 20 sims, with daily wants to be snuggled... and to buy a bar.  Tongue

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 24, 19:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't this be fixed if you set their Aspiration to Grow Up?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 24, 19:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Won't this be purged by the social worker taking them away? Same as all the hobbypoints and stuff like that? Everyone aged down will end up in the adoptionpool.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 24, 19:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that it was best to have owned graveyards if you didn't want the ghosts to all reset to hunger-type ghosts upon being moved to the unowned community lot. 
I've never had that issue, and I've had huge cemetaries before, which I always have as unowned (except for the one that I had placed portraits up as memorials before I figured that !doi! I could just do a wall hanging recolor).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 24, 21:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently created a pack of townies. When I was using Inge's cat to convert them, I left the child till last, purely because I was working the family list from top to bottom. Anyway, as soon as the child was the last sim on the lot, the social worker was triggered.

Later in the game I happened to move in the townie - who I'd made into the father of the child while I was in CAS. The townie still remembered his son and, when I adopted the son, he still remembered his father.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 24, 21:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I make adoption pools a lot and if you don't wipe out their relationship to each other, they will carry it with them.  You can use InSIMinator or SimPE to make them no longer family and delete their relationships to each other or they will still know each other.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 24, 22:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I call The Usual Eaxis Code Borkiness. The game is designed to wipe that stuff on purpose, in SS event.

Funny that I'm still trying to make a hack which does not process orphans and does not insert adoptees in family tree (a bare move in, that is). Probably I should simply let the game run vanilla, and voilą my hack  Undecided

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 02, 03:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could people with Seasons or higher EPs give the gravestone to the graveyard "owner" with the give gift social? It'd be extremely easy in winter (almost anyone will accept anything then) and not that difficult in other seasons with little tweaking. I guess making the owner selectable isn't any more difficult... too bad there's not an option to transfer specific items from one Sim to another remotely yet that I know of.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 02, 09:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

too bad there's not an option to transfer specific items from one Sim to another remotely yet that I know of.
What about mike_1102's inventory transfer vase (MTS2)? You can't transfer one specific item, but you could empty the inventory and just keep the object you want to transfer. I haven't tried it with gravestones, though.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 02, 09:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could people with Seasons or higher EPs give the gravestone to the graveyard "owner" with the give gift social? It'd be extremely easy in winter (almost anyone will accept anything then) and not that difficult in other seasons with little tweaking. I guess making the owner selectable isn't any more difficult... too bad there's not an option to transfer specific items from one Sim to another remotely yet that I know of.
Do NOT do this. Never gift a tombstone, it fucks up some stuff. Just use summon/shiftclick/makeselectable/delete.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 02, 13:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We can always count on you to identify which kludges are okay and which are not okay for no reason obvious to someone who isn't elbow-deep in code, I see! Will keep that in mind.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ksstrek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 14, 19:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I missing something with the tombstones?  I have my cemetery as a commmunity lot.  In the game I just have my sims move the tombstones to the cemetery. the click on option where mourn or move this grave comes up.  the stones move to the sidewalk by the telephone and trash bin and periodically I go into the lot in the build mode and put the stones where I want them.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 14, 19:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That approach usually works, but sometimes it messes up spectacularly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 November 14, 19:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do NOT do this. Never gift a tombstone, it fucks up some stuff. Just use summon/shiftclick/makeselectable/delete.

What about a shop?  Can I sell the tombstone to a sim?  or will  that cause the game to explode?

May all your fears & worries come true.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 November 14, 19:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tombstones cannot be tagged for sale.

Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 November 14, 20:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing sadder than a toddler with a LTW to woohoo 20 sims, with daily wants to be snuggled... and to buy a bar.  Tongue

thanks for the giggle. 

Cheesy
Iridium
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 November 15, 01:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already done this a few times. How badly is my Pleasantview* FUBARed?

*fortunately not a neighborhood I give a rat's ass about in the long run

Juu nin, tou iro.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 November 16, 18:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah great, so it's pretty safe (bad word to use with anything related to Eaxis programming..) to assume townies that have met these people (trying to avoid that but not always possible) will also undergo lobotomisation in their relations with these folks.
No, they still know who they knew before.

I had a toddler taken by the social worker recently, and when she was readopted, her former parents and baby brother still showed up in her relationship panel, so I'm sure townies would too.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: