More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 12:08:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Body snatchers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Body snatchers  (Read 21963 times)
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Body snatchers
« on: 2008 August 10, 13:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just a tombstone related question regarding this little process on getting them back.

It is, however, possible to regenerate them. You will need: Lot Debugger 2.0, Ingelogical Teleporter Shrub.

Pause your game and teleport the deadite to your lot: If the Ingelogical Teleporter shrub cannot find it, then his character data is destroyed. The sim should appear on your lot. SHIFT-CLICK on him and choose "Make Selectable", then select him and SHIFT-CLICK on the lot debugger to choose "Respawn Tombstone". Do this with as many missing deadites as you need to. Then unpause your game. The deadites should quickly disappear, to be replaced by newly-respawned tombstones. The Lot Debugger will treat all elders re-tombstoned in such a manner as having died of old age, with the platinum tombstone appearing if the relevant aspirational level of achieved. Otherwise you will get the plain old gray one.

Move these to the community lot. Hopefully they won't disintegrate his time. Note that if your deadites are Romance Sims, you will need the corresponding Romance Sim Urnstone Fix, or their tombstones will revert to gray ones on move.
I wish to bring my missing tombstones back, but I'm a little confused over the particular sentence highlighted in red. I am aware that the "death" will play out in the same way as an old age death, but does this also mean that when I respawn the tombstones, that all those sims will have the old-age ghost? I ask this because I rather like Olive Specter's graveyard having many different types of ghosts.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Body snatchers
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 11, 02:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can set the death-type of a tombstone by shift-clicking on it. All tombstones moved to a community lot via "move to community lot" become "Starvation" ghosts anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 11, 06:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just while we're on the subject of dead sims, what's the currently approved way of moving tombstones?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 11, 11:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, that's really handy to know.

Although I have another problem which I'll deal with here. For some reason, in Desiderata Valley the Picaso's toddler, Katie, has mysteriously de-aged into a baby for some reason. She still looks like a toddler, but I can't select her (without exploitation), and is definitely set to the baby age for some reason. I'm getting no error logs with that, but every time someone tries to interact with her I get an error. I'm not sure how I'm going to restore her to toddler stage.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 11, 12:12:58 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 11, 12:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just while we're on the subject of dead sims, what's the currently approved way of moving tombstones?
All of the ways of moving a tombstone WORK, but the absolute SAFEST is to move it by a sim's inventory to an owned community lot. You can't move it this way to an unowned lot because it won't save the results, so the game will respawn the tombstone and lose the death type.

Although I have another problem which I'll deal with here. For some reason, in Desiderata Valley the Picaso's toddler, Katie, has mysteriously de-aged into a baby for some reason. She still looks like a toddler, but I can't select her (without exploitation), and is definitely set to the baby age for some reason. I'm getting no error logs with that, but every time someone tries to interact with her I get an error. I'm not sure how I'm going to restore her to toddler stage.
You'll probably have to correct that by Frobnicating, in SimPE, or use the agesimscheat.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 11, 13:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the ways of moving a tombstone WORK, but the absolute SAFEST is to move it by a sim's inventory to an owned community lot. You can't move it this way to an unowned lot because it won't save the results, so the game will respawn the tombstone and lose the death type.

AHA!!  So that's the deal.  Better to own your cemetery then, rather than leave it as an unowned comm. lot.  I think I have found Snowbawl a new home.

Tribulatio proxima est
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 11, 16:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, that's really handy to know.

By any chance, did you clone and delete her with MoveObjects on around the time she toddlered up?

I read about some trick some people were using to create mentally-retarded sims: when a toddler ages up, pause the game before you get the message about successful age-up, turn MoveObjects on, select the aged-up sim, shift-move to make a copy, then delete the original. The result is an child-sized sim that behaves like a toddler. I haven't tried this, because I bet it hoses things pretty badly, but if you did something similar, maybe by accident, you could have wound up with a toddler that only has baby code.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 11, 19:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. I don't think I've done anything like that. When I load the lot, the family portrait still has her in a toddler pose. I may have accidently tinkered with something, although some strange crap has gone on in this hood before. One time, John Mole proposed to and moved in Sharon Wirth, and this borked up the entire hood. It removed everyone's wants and fears, and all kinds of crazy crap. Luckily I had a backup, but there's something that's not quite right with this hood (unsurprisingly). I'll try using agesims, otherwise I'll use SimPE.

Looks like my goth sims are going to have to buy the cemetary then...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 11, 19:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened to me once or twice. Generally, setting the child to toddler stage in SimPE will fix it. Aging cheat did not work for me, as any attempt to do a birthday or aging animation ended in errors.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 11, 21:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if my sim gives the gift of a tombstone to the owner of the cemetary? When I go to play the owner of the cemetary, will the tombstone be safe?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 12, 05:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering that too. If you visit someone else's cemetery, then when you leave, the tombstone isn't saved. You could have one cemetery that each sim buys as needed to place their tombstone, that seems a little long-winded. Giving gifts sounds the most practical, if it works.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 12, 13:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering that too. If you visit someone else's cemetery, then when you leave, the tombstone isn't saved. You could have one cemetery that each sim buys as needed to place their tombstone, that seems a little long-winded. Giving gifts sounds the most practical, if it works.

I was thinking, if there's a tombstone on the lot, I could have the sim invite the owner of the cemetery over, make her selectable, and have her put the tombstone in her inventory.  Make her unselectable again and she would walk off with the tombstone in her inventory.  Then when I played the cemetery owner again, she could just plunk the stone down in the cemetery.  Giving the stone as a gift might do the same thing though without all those extra steps and sounds more lulzy.  "I got something for you.  It's grandma."

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 12, 14:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"That's.... just... what I.. wanted?"

Of course, don't forget to pay for their burial. Grandma deserves to be buried with pride, not in a coffee tin.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 12, 14:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking, if there's a tombstone on the lot, I could have the sim invite the owner of the cemetery over, make her selectable, and have her put the tombstone in her inventory.  Make her unselectable again and she would walk off with the tombstone in her inventory.  Then when I played the cemetery owner again, she could just plunk the stone down in the cemetery.  Giving the stone as a gift might do the same thing though without all those extra steps and sounds more lulzy.  "I got something for you.  It's grandma."
Make-Selectable works. However, DON'T give the tombstone as a gift. This WILL fuck up your game.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 12, 14:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do realize that now I have to make a Cemetary Man sim for my game.

"Yeah?"

*Jelenedra pontificates who would make a good caretaker for her MATY hood

Maybe Hook, he did mention that he likes the dead girls.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 12, 15:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ways back in Urban Paradise, I had the all-knowing mime, avatar of the Oversoul, deal with all death matters.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 12, 15:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curisoity, is there a way to view the death type or variable for it in SimPE or something? I'm very funny about having the ghosts exactly as they were, and it would save the trouble of having to wait for the ghosts to come out to play so I can check their colour.

Plus it's virtually impossible to tell starvation and old age ghosts apart, ugh.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 12, 18:54:36 by Alex » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 August 12, 16:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make-Selectable works. However, DON'T give the tombstone as a gift. This WILL fuck up your game.

Ah, well.  So much for the gift idea.

Tribulatio proxima est
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 August 12, 21:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh crap, my game is headed for meltdown. It seems to be randomly deleting files completely.

I moved my current Pleasantview and Strangetown folders out to some safe remote location and copied some fresh new ones in so I could toy with it. I added a downtown, but several lots are missing (appearing as empty lots, still with the right names but with nothing on them) and lots from my actual used PV downtown. Looking in the D001 template folder, several lot files are missing! I assume these lots obviously couldn't be copied into test PV, as they no longer exist.

Anyway, later on I moved my neighborhoods back, and they wouldn't load. I was forced to restart my computer with Strangetown. I spliced in some fully up to date SimPE backups and they loaded fine. But it appears that some of the sims are missing. Kristen Singles, Chloe Singles and Ajay Loner in particular. Their files are completely missing, and not a trace of them appears to exist within the game. I looked at some other files, and it appears one of the lot files has been deleted (I have yet to see which one). The neighborhood took longer than usual to load, as though it was deleting files. What on earth is going on? I've backed up Plesantview, which has all the files there, and I'm going to try it and see what happens.

EDIT: PV and Sim State University are fine. But all of the buildings and sims in Downtown and Bluewater Village are completely gone save for two buildings downtown, one of which appeared to be graphically corrupted. The vacation destinations seem ok, except that the seemingly deleted sims no longer own their vacation homes. I despair... I'm afraid to touch any of my other hoods now.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 12, 21:17:58 by Alex » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 August 13, 11:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 August 13, 13:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed.  Cry

Luckily I have a pre-FreeTime backup of those hoods on a DVD.  Cheesy

What would cause the template to start eating itself though?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 August 13, 15:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/Jelenedra is a sad panda that no one got her Cemetary Man reference.

Come on, people! Rupert Everret being creepy! It's like watching Evil Dead with taller version of Bruce Campbell!

leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 August 13, 20:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can set the death-type of a tombstone by shift-clicking on it. All tombstones moved to a community lot via "move to community lot" become "Starvation" ghosts anyway.
I noticed after moving a household (whose gravestones I had packed in inventory) all of the old-age ghosts are now starvation ghosts. Is this the same type of phenomenon or something I should be worried about?

Exactly how does this bork the game--fireball bad or may cause minor annoyances bad?

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 August 13, 20:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/Jelenedra is a sad panda that no one got her Cemetary Man reference.

Come on, people! Rupert Everret being creepy! It's like watching Evil Dead with taller version of Bruce Campbell!
Your post only made me think of two things:

(1) The Tall Man (in which case, you should have said "Boy!" instead of "Yeah!"
(2) "I love to dance with cemetery girls/The moon comes out, the earth unfurls..."
(in which case, "Yeah!" is entirely appropriate.)

Of the two, the Tall Man would probably be a more interesting thing to sim, but only if you modded the security bot to look like a silver ball.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 August 13, 21:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah! If people had gotten the Cemetary Man reference, they would've gotten the, "yeah."

Rupert Everett's character has a Egor like sidekick that only says, "Yeah?" It's creepy after awhile.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: