More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:52:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Servo Glitch in AL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Servo Glitch in AL  (Read 4553 times)
aisthesis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Servo Glitch in AL
« on: 2008 October 04, 18:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, never posted in MATY, but been reading for ages. It's just that today I could not find the answer to my issue O.o Shocked
I was going to reply to this thread, but since "Necromancy is Bad" (XD), new one here

I created a servo by going gold on robotics and activating it on an apartment building, but as soon as it was awake, I couldn't interact properly with its own creator. From the creator to the robot there was only the 'Appreciate' option, and it did not work. From the robot to the creator there were every interaction options (or at least a lot more than should be on a starting relationship) and none of them worked. As of 'didn't work' i mean: the sim flashes (the active one) in place to another idle position and the action simply vanishes.
Interactions between them and the townies work ok.
So i looked around here, as I normally do. Found that topic i mentioned and realized it was the same problem, took all the downloads of, as i'm pretty sure i have the most recent hacks, but the issue continued. I also just realized it might not be be an AL specific issue.
I tried to force error both sims, and although it did correct the pie menu problem (the options were the ones that should be there), they still can't interact correctly, they still flash and cancel actions. I'm uploading 2 error logs I got.

What i did not try yet was move out/move in. Didn't think it would work for some reason, also i'd like to know what caused first. If possible.
I've got every EP and SP so far. Every patch so far, except the ALp1.

Any ideas?
(btw, sorry if I attached the wrong error log. I couldn't find the exact directions on log creation, so got the ones the game creates when you force error. Just thought it could be the right one. If it's not, let me know, i'll see to get the correct one)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 04, 18:49:39 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Servo Glitch in AL
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 04, 18:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This error log does not match Awesome code. Once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aisthesis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 05, 22:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok...
I am to blame for not finding the FAQ (right on my face, btw), but I did post the error log that was described there...

Made a backup (to keep the original error, if anyone needs it for analisys), moved family out, then into another lot, didn't solve the problem.

I've had other bugs and I usually get to fix them with the experiences of other people... This one is a first. Any sugestions or should I just blow the thing up? XD
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 05, 22:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Pescado meant by his comment is that you have hacks and content in your game that are unrelated to his work or the work of EA that may be messing with how your servos work.  Care to tell us what custom content you use?  That would help in determining where the problem is.
aisthesis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 06, 00:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, of course!
But I said I removed all the Downloads folder and it didn't help at all.

I use Insim, the latest, I'm sure, L.Darcy fixes and decorative slots, those FFS hacks for empty neighborhoods, the empty neighborhood templates themselves, FFS clothingtool, Crammy's cock, CEP, a genie chance modifier and a marriage name choser from mts2, Numenor's smarter lights mod, not the lights modifier, cause it's yet to be updated to AL. A modeling pose hack from Decorgal(mts2) and a modular sofa the sims2pack clean installer points as a hack. And that's it.
I've got a lot of clothes, accessories and skintones, don't think it could mess anything up, though... Only a couple of objects, all clones or recolors.

I always do that binary search, only this time, could not pinpoint anything. I'm starting to think it was something at the activation of the servo that got it messed up. Maybe just removing the downloads wouldn't solve it anyway.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 06, 00:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removing your download folder after it broke wouldn't change anything, no.  That's why I asked.  But it doesn't look like anything you have could cause this.  I think it was an EA-designed bork, as I found two references to this on the BBS.  The recommended response was "Kill it off" for one, and "Quit without saving" for the other.  Both were references to activating a servo on an apartment lot.  I think perhaps some testing should be done on whether or not this is always a bad thing.  Perhaps someone more awesome than I am could assist you in in "fixing" the servo-sim.

I'm sorry I can't be more help, aisthesis.
aisthesis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 06, 02:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem. Actually, thank you for your trouble.
I think I'll try testing a little. I'm one of the few who likes to play with servos.
I can always nuke the neighborhood and start over.
If I find that it's a recurring issue, I'll report. Could deserve a patch (official, unofficial).

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: