More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 09:25:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  odd annoyance with LTW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: odd annoyance with LTW  (Read 10587 times)
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
odd annoyance with LTW
« on: 2005 November 06, 07:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I just had a child grow up to be a teen, I chose Knowledge aspiration for her, but the game did not give her a LTW. I had to use the  Lot Debugger to roll one manually, not a big deal as far as I can tell, just annoying.

I seem to recall that somebody else had this problem. Is this just a random annoyance or is it an early sympton of a BFBVFS and I should reinstall my game?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: odd annoyance with LTW
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 06, 08:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't reinstall, it's redundant. It happened to one of my teens too. I discoverred it, when I wanted to change his LTW to "max all 7 skills", and I didn't find LTW at all.

So I checked it with the SimPe, and saw that there is a LTW. Without changing it with the SimPe, I enterred the game again, and then the LTW popped-up.

Some bug...Smiley.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 06, 08:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that my sims transitioning to teen don't roll LTWs until they've satisfied one normal want.  I'm pretty sure that before NL, my transitioning teen sims didn't roll any wants before I selected their aspiration (but can't check that now obviously).  Now they all roll generic "teenage" type wants as soon as they age, before I've picked them an aspiration, before the aspiration picker screen has come up  (eg "go to college" "have first kiss" "buy a cellphone/mp3 player".  Once I satisfy a want (either normally or by cheating in debug mode) they roll up an appropriate LTW.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 06, 08:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah OK. Well fine then. Thanks.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 06, 08:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also read about the same thing on this site which is a teen will not show a LTW until it fulfill one want.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 06, 08:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also read about the same thing on this site which is a teen will not show a LTW until it fulfill one want.

Aha...now I know.  I kept thinking it was some new bug I had encountered and kept sending my teens immediatly to the orb thingy.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 06, 15:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good a time as any if you want to reroll the aspiration twice, since they're usually in high plat after transitioning, and being teens they almost certainly won't be again until they go to college!  (At least, my teens are usually just about managing to hold their own on green, especially fortune sims!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 06, 16:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good a time as any if you want to reroll the aspiration twice, since they're usually in high plat after transitioning, and being teens they almost certainly won't be again until they go to college!  (At least, my teens are usually just about managing to hold their own on green, especially fortune sims!)
Iknow in my game the only teens  I have reach perma plat is Knowledge sims that have the max all 7 skills LTW. the body skill on my born in game sims is maxed at the end of toddler hood thanks to a crib mobile  I have in my game. and charisma skils at the end of toddlerhood vary depending on the  toddler  but I make sure all toddlers get at least 1 charisma point as they wont get the opportunity again until they are teens. I ahve one sim who loved to watch TV as a kid so I said ok  since you love it so much watch the yummy channel. he did and  his cooking skill was maxed at the 6 th day of childhood. my teens all go to college  usually when they only have 2 days left as it takes time to get high enouh dkills to get the scholarships. the only skils my sims learn from a book is mechanical and cleaning. all the rest are learned by doing fun things most of my teen sims love to practice Romance so I let the m go to it as it gains  charisma.my houses all have piano's instruments ,easels pools or bowling alleys and Karaoke machines,chess sets ,telescopes and toys . I have a pool table in one of my houses with a fortune teen and he hustles pool everytime he gets a chance. I started his family in a bare bones barn of a house when he reached his teens and  got the fortune aspiration. I noticed tough his  LTW didnt Roll until I fufilled the basic wants he rolled after transitioning from childhood to, teen. his LTW is career related thank god

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 06, 16:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you put the career reward podium in your game, then kids can practice speech on them, and get fun at the same time.  They can also ask for lessons.  I think all the original career rewards work for kids.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 06, 17:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you put the career reward podium in your game, then kids can practice speech on them, and get fun at the same time.  They can also ask for lessons.  I think all the original career rewards work for kids.
hmm I didnt know that I want my kids to skill for obvious resons but not at  the expense of their other needs like fun and social. do they get social when they ask for lessons?

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 06, 17:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't think so, but anyone watching them on the podium does.  But if you don't leave them there for too long, they soon get their social back with a game of red hands and a hug!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 07, 00:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also have an adult or elder with high charisma give them lessons on the podium or the golf putter.

If the child has smart milk stuck they'll have 300 IQ, instead of the normal 100 IQ (ie 3 times the learning rate). If they're being taught on a reward object, they'll gain another 100 IQ for the duration of the lesson.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 07, 00:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also have an adult or elder with high charisma give them lessons on the podium or the golf putter.

If the child has smart milk stuck they'll have 300 IQ, instead of the normal 100 IQ (ie 3 times the learning rate). If they're being taught on a reward object, they'll gain another 100 IQ for the duration of the lesson.
for whatever reason my kids dont seem to get smart milk stuck

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 07, 01:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The kids, themselves, will gain charisma points on the golf putter, without assistance from an elder. Almost all of my kids gain their charisma this way.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 07, 01:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The kids, themselves, will gain charisma points on the golf putter, without assistance from an elder. Almost all of my kids gain their charisma this way.
thanks for the tip

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 07, 01:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no problem Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 07, 07:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get them smart milk stuck, I found the ideal answer was to feed them their milk just before they were due to transition, then (although I've never checked IQs) they learn fast right through childhood.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 07, 11:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've has at least 6 sims with stuck smart milk since both patch & NL. The first bottle does it for me, then it's stuck. I do use JM's baby controller - don't know if that affects anything.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 07, 11:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I check the IQ on the baby controller just before I grow my toddlers up.  If the smart milk isn't stuck, I give them another bottle of it.  They rarely need another bottle of it.  In most cases my toddlers only get the one bottle of smart milk at the beginning of their toddlerhood.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 07, 18:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine get it whenever someone's able to make it, if I'm in the mood - sometimes I just don't bother, although it's a lot easier than it was in the base game.  I just think, well, in RL not all kids grow up into little geniuses!  And I don't use the baby controller, so I've no way of checking IQ, but if they still have a green glow,  then I assume they'll transition smart!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 07, 22:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine get it whenever someone's able to make it, if I'm in the mood - sometimes I just don't bother, although it's a lot easier than it was in the base game.  I just think, well, in RL not all kids grow up into little geniuses!  And I don't use the baby controller, so I've no way of checking IQ, but if they still have a green glow,  then I assume they'll transition smart!
I rarely use  smart milk in households with single babies my parents are forced to train their toddlers the old fashioned way for the most part now .with twins and a single mom I make an exception to my self imposed rule

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 08, 00:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually make sure that a single mom isn't actually living alone!  I had one manage really well with a teen, a toddler and a baby, just had to make sure there was enough money to keep the family going until mom could get a job.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 08, 01:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually make sure that a single mom isn't actually living alone!  I had one manage really well with a teen, a toddler and a baby, just had to make sure there was enough money to keep the family going until mom could get a job.
My single Mom of Twin toddlers is a single mom Because she  had an affair with a longtime friend who fathered her oldest son and  the Sim is already married in my Game to Bella Goth. however their love affair has now died down to best friends and Brandi is now engaged to be Married to a Sim I created  Brad Harper. he is the Same sim that  had his home used to resurrect the Tricou's. and he is now best friends with all of them

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 08, 01:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Brandi still lives in Pleasantview.  She has a live-in fiance, but they only have one lightning bolt for each other, so I think the affair is on the wane!  But he can stay until Beau and Keanu are off her hands!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 08, 03:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Brandi still lives in Pleasantview.  She has a live-in fiance, but they only have one lightning bolt for each other, so I think the affair is on the wane!  But he can stay until Beau and Keanu are off her hands!
ah I ws Just over at Nylissets house  and moved them in sent her to a mirror and changed her hairdo. to custom Hair I found atTSR she is still a blond  though and got rid of the glasses put some eye makeup on her and dithched the outfit that was making her look like a San Francisco Forty niners Defensive linebacker...., I got Gvaudoin a new hairdo kept her with black hair though. changed her outfit and put some new makeup on her and sent her to school she came home with  Joel a sim I got from Brynne and  they are now going steady. but she is so stunning a visitor of her parents was checking her out  and he is an adult. I cloned Brandi From Pleasant view and the  gave her surgery and a make over. So pleasantview in my game still has Brandi Broke. My Avatar is the new and improved Brandi Broke.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: