More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:55:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Round and round she goes, where she stops hopefully someone knows.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Round and round she goes, where she stops hopefully someone knows.  (Read 15056 times)
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

Getting teens pregnent since Seasons.

View Profile
Round and round she goes, where she stops hopefully someone knows.
« on: 2008 September 26, 08:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone else is getting this problem. Apparently when ever I make a plant sim pretty soon after she starts spinning, uncontrolably(caution: is either not a word or spelled wrong), and becomes completely unusable. I think this only happens with plant sims, haven't tried it with male plant sims, and I'm pretty sure this started after I got AL, or possibly after FT. I'm not 100% sure since plant sims and farms lost my interst after I'd had seasons for a month or 2.

At the moment I'm trying the 50/50 crap but I dont have much time now adays to take some out, wait 30min+neiborhood/house load time, play it, and repeat. So I'm checking with you guys as i take out my first chunk.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 26, 08:17:45 by dnilecosplayer » Logged

Give it here or I'll throw you in a vat of boiling sharks.
This may be why I love this place....

I-89 N-12 T-100 J-33. Electronic Engineering feild. Go figure.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Re: Round and round she goes, where she stops hopefully someone knows.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 26, 08:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also had this, but with normal sims. I associated it with aging up/down sims, and one sim got better after I aged him down, then set days left so he aged up to adult (from teen) again "normally". Since then I also sow one sim kid having this, she was never touched with aging up/down, and she got better after I zapped her from the lot and reloaded it. One toddler also started to spin, he got well after I maxed his needs.. I think this is some kind of new "jump bug", but what trigs it is a mystery for me.
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 27, 08:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far with all the sims I've made and downloaded and such it has only happened to my plant sims. And this is a new neighborhood I made just to use for the tsr challenges. So eh, I donno.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 27, 08:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Define "spinning". I have never heard of a spinning sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 27, 10:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They start to rotate (literally) and sometimes you can stop them by initiating an action, but sometimesit goes on (even in paused mode) until you zap/delete them from the lot. Reloaded lot and it stopped. In bad cases it starts again soon. Test mode gives attraction score errors, in some cases it helps to nuke attraction markers, but not always.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 27, 10:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never heard of a "rotating" sim. How do they rotate? There are no error logs produced by this rotation?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 27, 11:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not the spinning that comes with changing outfits?  That's the only spinning I've ever seen in game.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 27, 13:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In SOME cases I get an attraction score error, but not always. Next time it happens I will get the error log and upload it here, but as the circumstances have been different its a bit hard to recreate it. I will also try to make a small movie, for your amusement Smiley
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 27, 14:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never heard of a "rotating" sim. How do they rotate? There are no error logs produced by this rotation?
Someone posted about this before, but I don't recall if anyone ever determined the cause or suggested a fix. The post included a YouTube clip of the problem, though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 27, 14:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amusing video, but completely useless for diagnostic purposes. As this issue cannot be reproduced, I'm going to go with "error log or didn't happen".

somnambulist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 27, 19:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly this is a sign of demonic possession.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 28, 01:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least its good to know that I am not alone having posessed sims Tongue I have seen some people posting about it elsewhere too.
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 29, 04:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm a noob so I'm not sure what exactly I should be looking for( in reference to logs), but its a 100% chance of spinning each time I make a plant sim.

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 29, 05:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mentioned you were doing a binary search, but you didn't mention if you removed 100% of your downloads and tested this, or if that fixed it.  Did you do this and did it stop the behavior?

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 29, 08:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was an update a couple of days ago to 2Jeffs ACR, and since then I haven't seen any posessed sims - I do suspect this to be connected as the error I had told me there was something wrong with the attraction scores.
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 01, 03:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far its still doing it. But I still have a couple more months worth of downloads to sift out since I'm taking them out a month at a time since thats how I organize what crap I put in there.

dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 01, 12:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my computer/game is being more retarded since I took out almost every thing. I started fresh, letting the game make everything new again after I got impatient and took a big chunk of downloads out...

But for some reason now that only about 2% of my downloads are still in there it doesn't want to load the lot and if I put the giant file back in that I JUST took out, sims gives me an error pop up that is a blank box that says "sims."

So, I put the neighborhood back in (after starting fresh) and tried it with the hacks in but not enabled yet (might as well check before starting it over and checking again) and she seems to be working fine since she didn't start spinning after I let it play for about a minute.

Good thing: I know that's its something in there. And its nothing that I downloaded after I got ft. (Which is a lot 'o shit.)
Bad thing: Don't know wtf it is and how to get the 50/50 dance over with if the lot wont load.....

(Sorry for the awkward spacing, I was trying to type my thoughts out clearly. Most likely it still sounds like gibberish.) 

dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 05, 22:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess no one has a clue...eh, I give up then. Shit.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 05, 23:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mentioned you were doing a binary search, but you didn't mention if you removed 100% of your downloads and tested this, or if that fixed it.  Did you do this and did it stop the behavior?
Before you give up and wander off all frustrated, SJActress's question is a valid and important one, and you've not answered it. We will not have further suggestions for you if you don't reply to these simple, diagnostic queries.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 October 06, 04:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before you give up and wander off all frustrated, SJActress's question is a valid and important one, and you've not answered it. We will not have further suggestions for you if you don't reply to these simple, diagnostic queries.

Yeah, I'm not that retarded. I've done this before. I did anwser her, I just didn't quote her and say "Oh look." Like I said, I know its something in my downloads folder because I HAD to take it all out seeing that after I took a certain folder out Sims would not load at all, and with everything gone she stopped spinning. But I'm not going to search all the web finding everything I ever downloaded just because I can't finsh the binary search and my plant sims wont act normal. I'm about to just give up and say fuck you tsr challenges and not make plant sims anymore since everything else is working just fine.
Eh, If sims wasn't the only thing keeping me from going postal at work or at school, I wouldn't bother trying to fix all the "suprises" it gives me everytime I get a new EP. Angry

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 October 06, 07:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh.. in my opinion, TSR challenges cause a problem. You're installing occupied lots for the challenges, yes? Occupied lots are VBT. I didn't know this when I tried out one of the TSR challenges and blew up my entire 'hood. Now, I feel lucky that all I lost was a starting-out 'hood. Blah to TSR. Blah to their bork-causing challenges.

Edit: For future reference, I know it's difficult and frustrating to deal with these problems. However, being an ass to those that are trying to help WILL cause them to ignore and/or poke with sharp pointies the next time you have a broken game.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 October 07, 01:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I had this problem before with a ingame created sim that turned plant sim also, so I'm sure it wasn't just the fact that it came the tsr.

And I'm really trying not to be pissy, but that person wasn't helping, they were pointing out something that I already addressed. If I wasn't clear, that's all they had to say. It just seemed to me that they were being a smartass. If they weren't then I'm sorry, and you can blame it on the woman troubles I don't have. :/

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 October 07, 02:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'm really trying not to be pissy, but that person wasn't helping, they were pointing out something that I already addressed. If I wasn't clear, that's all they had to say. It just seemed to me that they were being a smartass.
Actually I was helping. And if you think simple, helpful advice constitutes smartassery, you're in for a long and painful road ahead, both here and in life.

SJActress asked whether you removed all downloads to test whether this problem existed without any CC in your game. In response, you said that your computer and/or game is retarded, that you took out most of your downloads, attempted to 'make everything new', couldn't load your lot, and fuck TSR. If that's your answer to her question, then no, you weren't being clear.

Have you attempted to recreate this problem WITHOUT ANY CC IN YOUR GAME?

HINT: The answer we're looking for is, "Yes, I did. And here's what happened..."
We don't care what happens when you take some/most of it out. Pull it all. Test. Report results. Keep pissy attitude to self.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 October 12, 14:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims wont start with the neighborhood in it, and I cant seem to get any new lots in a clean neighborhood to get past a loading screen so I have to try figuring out whats going on with this before I can even try to fix the spinning crap.

mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 October 12, 16:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that you've taken the neighborhood folder in and out, but have you actually removed the downloads folder and put it somewhere else, like the desktop?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: