More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:42:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Risky Woohoo (Updated 10/10/2008)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Risky Woohoo (Updated 10/10/2008)  (Read 52447 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Risky Woohoo (Updated 10/10/2008)
« on: 2008 September 22, 06:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Risky Woohoo mods v1.162 for TS2AL v1.0p0
Made by: syberspunk

This is the SAME information in the first post.

Updated for Pets:

NOTE: A major change was needed to update this mod for Pets. Unfortunately EA changed their code in such a way that I am forced to discontinue the Tuning file, at least until I can figure out another way to handle it. As a result, all the % have been "hard coded" into each individual package. So, if you want to customize the % chance for pregnancy, you will have to do it individually. To do this, you must search for the line in the specific package that you are trying to customize, and change the third parameter, which is a LITERAL value to the new value you want. Remember, the valid values must be in HEX format.

SS_RiskyWoohooInBed - Provides a 30% chance of getting pregnant via Woohoo in Beds.
SS_RiskyWoohooInHotTub - Provides a 10% chance of getting pregnant via Woohoo in Hot tubs.
SS_RiskyWoohooInPublic - Provides a 20% chance of getting pregnant via Woohoo in Public (Clothing Booths Only).
SS_QuietPregnancy - Prevents playing of "pregnancy" bells/chimes for ALL pregnancies (whether they occur via Woohoo or Try for Baby).

reducedpregnancyhack - Reduces the chance of pregnancy by HALF the regular % for "Try for Baby" interaction.
NOTE: If you use this hack, it ALWAYS reduces the chance by HALF of whatever % chance is passed to the "Pregnant - Try to Get Pregnant" BHAV. Essentially this is a sligth rewriting of kzlyh1947's random 15% chance pregnancy hack. The only difference is that the % is not hardcoded into that BHAV. In other words, for those of you who use the RanPreg1_0xEC17C4.package hack, pregnancy will ALWAYS have a 15% chance. If you used sweatm's older version of Risky Woohoo together with the random 15% chance (which is what I had been doing but did not realize they conflicted until I actually looked at the code myself), theoretically, regardless of whatever % values were set in Risky Woohoo, it would always use 15% (or whatever value you used, if you changed that value yourself). This is because that value was hardcoded into the random 15% chance pregnancy hack. Basically I changed it so it simply reduces the value of whatever gets passed into that BHAV by half, instead of always using that value. I will include simple instructions on how to edit this in SimPE if you want to change it.

Added features for Nightlife:

SS_RiskyWoohooInCar - Provides a 20% chance of getting pregnant via Woohoo in Cars.
SS_RiskyWoohooInPhotoBooth - Provides a 20% chance of getting pregnant via Woohoo in Photo Boothes.

:!!: Compatibility Notice: If you are using TwoJeffs' Preg for All Genders mod, you MUST use the zzSS_RiskyWoohooInPhotoBooth version!

Added features for Open for Business:

SS_RiskyWoohooInElevator - Provides a 5% chance of getting pregnant via Woohoo in Elevators.

Added features for Bon Voyage:

:new: SS_RiskyWoohooInHammock - Provides a 30% change of getting pregnant via woohoo in Hammocks.
:new: SS_RiskyWoohooInSauna - Provides a 30% change of getting pregnant via woohoo in Saunas.
:new: SS_RiskyWoohooInTent - Provides a 30% change of getting pregnant via woohoo in Tents.

Added features for Apartment Life:

Risky Woohoo should theoretically already work for Woohoo in Closet and Woohoo in Helicopter.
SS_RiskyWoohooInPublic - should also enable risky woohoo in closets
SS_RiskyWoohooInCar - should also enable risky woohoo in helicopters

:!!: Please note that all files now have individual BCONs containing the specific BCON to edit for personalizing your risky woohoo odds.  It even has a cornvenient label!  If you are still having problems figuring out where to find and edit the clearly labeled BCON values, kindly please get bent. Tongue

INSTALLATION:
These MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

These should work in subfolders.

You MUST DELETE or REMOVE any other previous or older versions of RiskyWoohoo.
THIS IS FOR NIGHTLIFE ONLY!

Possible further updates:
If I figure out how to isolate QuietPregnancy for just Woohoo, which I might be able to (I think I have an idea), I just have to find the time, I may update that as well.

Justification: I chose these % because I wanted only a slight chance of getting pregnant via Woohoo. As such, I thought that there would be a lower chance in the Hot tub, because high temperatures tend to impede your swimmers a bit or so it's been said. I thought that being in bed, most likely at someones home, you would tend to be "more responsible" and would most likely use "protection" so to speak. The same thing would go for being in your car. Whereas, in "public," you would tend to be a bit more riskier so I upped the odds a bit more for the clothing booth and the photo booth. Because in the "heat of passion" so to speak, you might tend to forget to use protection. To be more realistic with the "risky" part in public, I could have bumped up the % to something higher, but from testing in the past, I have felt that even 10% might be slightly high, but this could just very well be due to how I play. So I chose to keep it at something reasonably low.

This is NOT a rationalization for unprotected sex. I neither condemn nor condone such behaviour. This is all just for "role-playing" purposes in the game. So please, I would appreciate no comments concerning issues of morality.

Compatibility: This hack has been tested with JenFlower's Non-Pregnancy Teen Woohoo v6.0d which has been graciously updated for Nightlife by jase439 and available at www.insimenator.net

If you are looking for a more complex version of Risky Woohoo, AND you are looking for Teen Woohoo AND pregnancy, then I highly recommend using jase439's wonderful InTeenimater mod, which is also found at the aforementioned location. It is a very complex, diverse, and versatile mod that really expands the experience of playing Teen sims. As he has mentioned, it also includes a form of Risky Woohoo which is a lot more realistic in that it can be variable and depend on certain factors such as age and fertility.

As such, these mods will most definately conflict with the InTeenimater, so you MUST NOT use ANY of these mods if you are using the InTeenimater. The InTeenimater should ALREADY include this functionality.

Although I have tested this and found that it works, I have not done extensive testing with other hacks. As such, I am not yet aware of any possible conflicts with any other existing hacks. However, it should be, for the most part, compatible with all other hacks that the previous version by sweatm was compatible with. It WILL most likely conflict with any hacks that directly modify the Woohoo interactions.

This hack also should not conflict with twojeffs' Casual Romance mod. He has purposefully engineered his mod in such a way that it pretty much shouldn't conflict with any mod. He's excellent that way. His mod also includes Risky Woohoo settings which are adjustable.

REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.

So, while I put this out there to share with you, I do so with the caveat that I am but a lowly, fairly inexperienced beginner when it comes to modding. As such, I may not have sufficient knowledge to help if you do experience some major conflict. At best, I might be able to give you advice as to how to rule out possible conflicts with other mods. If you DO encounter any major problems, please report back here, and post any error logs. If I cannot help you, hopefully some of the other, more seasoned and experienced modders might be gracious enough to take a look at the problem. It is because of this very fact, that I was reluctant to post this. I wouldn't want to just post things willy nilly without being able to provide technical support. But I feel that the changes I made were very simple, and hopefully and ideally should not conflict with any other mods (unless of course they are mods that specifically change the same BHAVs). Regardless, I promise to do the best I can and provide as much support as I am capable of.

HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, if you are bothering to report an error encountered using this mod.

It would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:

1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
i.e. what specific woohoo interaction you were attempting
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related to woohoo
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error

Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.

Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.

Finally, my Thank Yous go to:

sweatm and kzlyh1947 for making the original risky woohoo and random % pregnancy hacks, J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, jase439, and Dukasha for being excellent teachers and for all their help, advice, time spent troubleshooting and putting up with and answering my pestering questions , to Carrigon, dizzy2, Numenor, and JWoods for their awesome tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 yet again for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this update would not be possible.

If I left anyone out, I apologize in advance. You know who you are and you deserve my thanks.

Version History:
v1.10 - Updated for Open for Business - Added Risky Woohoo option for Elevators
v1.11 - Updated for Pets
v1.12 - Updated for Seasons
v1.13 - Updated for Bon Voyage
v1.14 - Tweaked Risky Woohoo percentages
v1.15 - Updated for Free Time
v1.16 - Updated for Apartment Life
v1.161- Fixed bug with Risky Woohoo for Cars
v1.162- Fixed bugs in all hacks for FT and AL versions.

* EP6_SS_RiskyWoohoo.zip (14.42 KB - downloaded 1261 times.)
* EP5_SS_RiskyWoohoo.zip (9.98 KB - downloaded 966 times.)
* EP7_SS_RiskyWoohoo.zip (15.8 KB - downloaded 1051 times.)
* EP8_SS_RiskyWoohoo.zip (15.96 KB - downloaded 3078 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 10, 04:04:51 by syberspunk » Logged

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Risky Woohoo
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 22, 06:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Previous Versions of Risky Woohoo

EP4 - Pets
EP3 - OFB
EP2 - Nightlife

* EP4_SS_RiskyWoohoo.zip (9.91 KB - downloaded 972 times.)
* EP3_SS_RiskyWoohoo.zip (12.06 KB - downloaded 854 times.)
* EP2_SS_RiskyWoohoo.zip (11.24 KB - downloaded 859 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 22, 06:31:44 by syberspunk » Logged

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 22, 06:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RESERVED

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 22, 06:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RESERVED

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 22, 06:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, great! I was hoping you'd update this as I have not installed ACR with AL and I still want my naughty little romance sims to 'get caught out' Grin

Cheers, Ste!

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 22, 06:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, great! I was hoping you'd update this as I have not installed ACR with AL and I still want my naughty little romance sims to 'get caught out' Grin

Cheers, Ste!

Oops!  I forgot to update one more thing.  I just fixed it, so if you downloaded it before, please re-download the latest version now.  Sorry about that. Tongue

Ste

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Risky Woohoo (Updated for Apartment Life)
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 22, 12:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, have done so now. I'm glad I've popped in here before loading my game up now!

butheircousins
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 24, 14:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is a good mod but i think the % should be lower my sims woohoo several times a day they will be pregnany all the time at this rate after having a careful think i have decided that you need to remake the mod with a 2% chance of pregnancy instead of a 20% chance thanks in advance
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 24, 14:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

blah, blah, blah (stupid run-on illiterate sentence with no grammar or punctuation...)

Read the instructions in the first message, moron:
As a result, all the % have been "hard coded" into each individual package. So, if you want to customize the % chance for pregnancy, you will have to do it individually. To do this, you must search for the line in the specific package that you are trying to customize, and change the third parameter, which is a LITERAL value to the new value you want. Remember, the valid values must be in HEX format.

So if you don't like the odds as delivered, get off your lazy fucking ass, get SimPe, and change them to odds you like.  Sheesh!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 24, 14:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And while you're at it, stop spamming the forum with your useless, contentless posts in every frigging topic. This is not BBS. Read the FAQ and Lurk Moar. We are NOT interested in whether you have no problem with simrom (sic) or not, nor are we in whether you play with Family Sim or Knowledge Sim.

abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 24, 21:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for updating this hack. Did you correct the issue where it wasn´t possible for sims to woohoo in cars anymore? This happened to me with the freetime version of the hack. If two sims were told to woohoo in a car, they would get in and then jump right back out, because they had already been rendered invisible, they stayed that way.

I used the binary search method and the problem persisted in a clean game with just "risky woohoo in cars" installed.
It was discussed it here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11952.msg339956.html#msg339956

It was also mentioned on your downloads page on MTS2, someone attached an error log there as well.

I am still running freetime as my latest ep, but I would presume the problem will persist with the new version, if you say that "woohoo in cars" wasn´t changed.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Risky Woohoo (Updated 9/24/2008)
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 25, 04:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the binary search method and the problem persisted in a clean game with just "risky woohoo in cars" installed.
It was discussed it here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11952.msg339956.html#msg339956

It was also mentioned on your downloads page on TS2, someone attached an error log there as well.

Thanks for letting me know.  I haven't checked MTS2 in a long whiles.  So I was unaware of this.  I'll take a look as soon as I can.  In the meantime, perhaps it would be best to avoid using that particular package.  It won't necessarily break your game or cause any kind of long term damage, but it would probably just be annoying if it's causing sims to 'jump' out of the interaction or prevent it from showing up altogether.

ETA:

Ok, so I found the bug.  In FT, I missed a BCON that was changed.  It should be fixed now.  Re-download either EP7 or EP8 (obviously depending on what your latest EP is).  The only file that actually needs to be updated/overwritten is the RiskyWoohooInCars.package

Ste

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 27, 20:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting an error with woohoo in the photo booth, Ste. My male sim was there with his female date (non-controllable) and the 2 attached errors were what popped up. I have no male pregnancy hacks and I haven't tested with a female controllable sim yet.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 10, 04:08:09 by syberspunk » Logged

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 29, 23:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having photobooth problems around the same time that the car woohoo became a problem.  Emma, you are not alone!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 30, 09:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've taken the Photobooth part of the hack out, hopefully the rest will work ok without it.

svic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 30, 10:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Ste,

I have the same problem as Emma, but not only when they try to woohoo in the photo booth, but in the elevator too. They live in an apartment now, but earlier the same happened on community lot (only the photo booth, I have no community lot with elevator).
I took out all my hacks except the risky woohoo, so it is not any hack conflict. The error logs generated this way, at their home.

Sorry for my mistakes, if I made any, english is not my first language.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 10, 04:07:56 by syberspunk » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 09, 14:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  I will have to take a look at the error logs and check things out when I find the time.  Hopefully this weekend. Smiley

Ste

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 09, 14:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be a mistake on my part Ste, I haven't had chance to check out the Photobooth woohoo yet-I think I left the wrong version in. I don't use PFAG and I shouldn't have used the one with the 'zz' prefix. I am hoping it is me being an idiot. I will check it out asap, sorry for the inconvenience. Kiss

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Risky Woohoo (Updated 10/10/2008)
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 10, 04:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have updated the hacks for EP7 (FT) and EP8 (AL).  If you have either of those versions, please re-download and replace everything just to be on the safe side.

It looks like, when I did the original scans, I missed some BCON changes and a few BHAVs.  Embarrassed  It should be fixed now.  Please test them out and let me know if you get any more error logs.  Thanks. Smiley

Ste

Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 14, 07:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got the AL version, and the HCDU is reporting a conflict between SS_RiskyWoohooInBed.package and SS_RiskyWoohooInHammock.package. Is that normal?
tabutiggie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 November 30, 23:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got the AL version, and the HCDU is reporting a conflict between SS_RiskyWoohooInBed.package and SS_RiskyWoohooInHammock.package. Is that normal?

I'm also getting this same conflict showing. 
See file attached.

* HackConflicts_2008Nov30.txt (0.35 KB - downloaded 625 times.)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 December 19, 16:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if the AL version works with M&G or if EAxis have messed things up for us yet again?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 December 19, 20:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using it with no problems, Cwykes.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 December 19, 22:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are we going to have to declare Ste dead soon?  He hasn't been here in over a month...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 December 19, 23:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I start to think Ste is dead, he turns up, posts, then bogs off for months again Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: