More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:11:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  Spore Mods!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Spore Mods!  (Read 59717 times)
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
Spore Mods!
« on: 2008 September 19, 05:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a shiny find that I figured some of you boys might enjoy.

http://spore.vg/

For the linkphobes:

# 42 - Changes the Staff Of Life so that it never uses any charges and reduces its cooldown to 10 seconds.
# Asymmetry Hack - Disables symmetry in all editors.
# Space Is Fun Hack - Increases the minimum time required between attacks, raids, and disasters to from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Oh, and it ups the maximum artifacts per planet to 8. Lite version (same thing but without the artifact change).

Note that the Asymmetry hack apparently has some issues, so it's in beta. It can't be toggled, so everything would be asymmetrical. It also confuses the complexity meter, so you'll have to turn it off in cheats. (And uploading stuff that's overcomplex doesn't work, for those of you who use the Sporepedia.)

Do post your own Spore mods if/when you find any.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
Re: Spore Mods!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 19, 09:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(And uploading stuff that's overcomplex doesn't work, for those of you who use the Sporepedia.)

Does .png sharing still work for them?

MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 19, 17:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For people who have complexity turned off, yes. The problem with uploading them to the Sporepedia is that it sees that the creatures are cheated and doesn't want to imbalance someone's game with them.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 19, 19:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get the complexity cheat to work. It keeps telling me "blah blah blah can't be used in this mode". Is it only usable in the creator outside of actual gameplay? Because that's not cool.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 19, 20:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm, one minute.

*shuffle*

Apparently, you have to use it in the Create creature creator, not the ingame ones. It SEEMS like it should apply to ingame ones after invoked in the creator. Opinion is a bit divided on that.

The guy is still working on a way to get around the toggle-ableness and the complexity meter.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 19, 20:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loveliness. I keep butting heads with the complexity limits. They seem way too low to me.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 19, 20:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always assumed the Complexity Meter was the game's way of saying "you're gonna make me lock up if I have to animate that."  Ergo removing it was sort of like removing your car brakes.

I rarely run into the creature complexity limit, but the vehicle limit has been something of a bane for me.  For spaceships anyway.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 19, 20:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would make sense. In the same way that the console versions of The Sims have a limit on how many objects can be placed (otherwise the game will BFBVFS) I guess. Although, I'm guessing the cheat is more of a "use at own risk" thing than a "will definitely asplode" type of thing.
PlayBoyRobbie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 20, 00:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link, Im looking for a mod that will keep the dam Terra Score up on freaking planets I CAN NOT for the life of me figure it out and can never seem to get it perfect does anyone know if one exists?
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 20, 02:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always assumed the Complexity Meter was the game's way of saying "you're gonna make me lock up if I have to animate that."

I think it has more to do with how much data can be compressed into the .png file for the creature.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 20, 04:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link, Im looking for a mod that will keep the dam Terra Score up on freaking planets I CAN NOT for the life of me figure it out and can never seem to get it perfect does anyone know if one exists?
Terra Scores do not decrease unless you overuse a terraforming tool. They normally stay where you put them, assuming that you first terraform it with the tools, then stabilize the results with the insertion of plants and animals....something you have to do in order for the terraforming to be of any USE!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PlayBoyRobbie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 20, 21:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Terra Scores do not decrease unless you overuse a terraforming tool. They normally stay where you put them, assuming that you first terraform it with the tools, then stabilize the results with the insertion of plants and animals....something you have to do in order for the terraforming to be of any USE!

When I place a colony  on a new planet and go to build/add buldings, houses or whatever it says the Terra Scroe is to low and the buttons are disabled I have tried placing animals and plants and the dam animals die within a few seconds(lol) so am I missing something?
I know your suppose to try and get the little dot-thing to the center by useing the tools,lower atmospher or raise the tempature but it NEVER works for me and never goes in the center so what are you suupose to do to make it "perfect"
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 20, 21:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy atmosphere generator/vacuum to adjust the vertical axis (atmosphere), then ice storm or meteor shower for the horizontal axis (temperature). Throw at planet.

Movement of dot towards centre is indicated by white < < < marks.

If doing it once doesn't work, get more, throw at planet till you get T1/2/3.

Then add your plants.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 20, 21:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I place a colony  on a new planet and go to build/add buldings, houses or whatever it says the Terra Scroe is to low and the buttons are disabled I have tried placing animals and plants and the dam animals die within a few seconds(lol) so am I missing something?
I know your suppose to try and get the little dot-thing to the center by useing the tools,lower atmospher or raise the tempature but it NEVER works for me and never goes in the center so what are you suupose to do to make it "perfect"

First off, you're retarded.  Second off, follow the fucking food web.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 20, 21:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, too, decided to  avoid terraforming until I've got the energy-for-effect Teraforming tools. Attempting to do it before then is like trying to build a paper crane with a leaf blower and a sledgehammer.

Cloud Vacuum and Cloud Accumulator require the Terra Wrangler 2 or Empire 2 Badge.
Heat ray and Refrigeration Ray require the Terra Wrangler 3 or Empire 3 Badge.

The way I've gone so far has been the Empire badge, as  I've instituted a policy of "If you declare war on me, You no longer deserve to have an empire."

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 20, 22:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a good policy.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 21, 04:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going the Empire route for them tends to require that you be good at piloting a rather crappy ship, since effective war requires a minimum of at least one or two health upgrades and a minibomb.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 September 21, 05:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, the one-shot tools aren't that expensive, and the return on terraforming a good spice world is huge.  If you only use one, you're adding about $90K to the cost of adding a city.  The Incredi Pak costs $90K, and the factories and houses you buy are $100K-$300K, roughly, depending on which stage you're doing.  So a 30% increase in cost isn't that big a deal, and putting off your initial stream of income is going to hold you back much more.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 September 21, 05:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you haven't completed the Terraforming quest yet then you can "accidentally" use the Atmospheric Generator they give you on another planet to improve it instead.  Then go back to your homeworld, say that you need another one, and you'll get another one for 1,000 Sporebucks.  However, if you purchase the one shots by trading then you can get Terra Wrangler faster since you can choose the tool which corresponds to how you need to Terraform the planet.

It's still cheaper than if you created colonies to get the Empire 2 badge anyway.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 September 21, 06:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, the one-shot tools aren't that expensive, and the return on terraforming a good spice world is huge.  If you only use one, you're adding about $90K to the cost of adding a city.  The Incredi Pak costs $90K, and the factories and houses you buy are $100K-$300K, roughly, depending on which stage you're doing.  So a 30% increase in cost isn't that big a deal, and putting off your initial stream of income is going to hold you back much more.

- Gus
Some of my allies sell colony packs for $75k. However, I just gained five more planets (most T2, one T3) because one empire suddenly decided it hated me. No idea why, but whatever. I now have their base, and two of their other systems I "gave" to another empire they had always been attacking. I'm now hitting cargo limits when doing spice pick-up runs on my systems (yellow, but still).

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 September 22, 15:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you haven't completed the Terraforming quest yet then you can "accidentally" use the Atmospheric Generator they give you on another planet to improve it instead.  Then go back to your homeworld, say that you need another one, and you'll get another one for 1,000 Sporebucks.  However, if you purchase the one shots by trading then you can get Terra Wrangler faster since you can choose the tool which corresponds to how you need to Terraform the planet.
No, using the atmospheric generator is faster (and cheaper!). While you might be limited in what you can terraform, most planets in the "green" zone only need to be atmosphered up or down, (50/50 chance, roughly), so you can USUALLY wrangle a point out of that. Keep in mind that the cheapest I've seen one of the one-shot tools go for is 75K. At that low, low price, you could Atmospheric Generator 75 planets! I use ONLY the atmospheric generator to get Wrangler 3. Once you have wrangler 3, you have access to all 4 of the cardinal directional tools. You don't get the diagonal tools until 4 and 5, but you don't need them, they're just luxury items. Any planet can be terraformed using only the down/up/left/right tools. It'll cost more energy, but energy is free.

karthikthepro
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 September 27, 19:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After thinking a lot about how bad is the Planetary Bazaar system provided with Spore, where you need to jump between 3 planet bazaars to buy 3 colony packs or stuff like that. I've created a new hack that ups the quantity for almost all items available at planetary bazaars from 1 or 2 to 99. Attached is the zip file containing the package.

Enjoy,

ETA: Tested with Spore patch 1.1.0.358. Removed 25 property files which are not required, as it overrides several non single shot tools. Attached is new and updated package.

Regards,
Karthik

* BetterPlanetaryBazzar.package (51.15 KB - downloaded 3960 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 01, 11:41:43 by karthikthepro » Logged

From ignorance, lead me to truth;
From darkness, lead me to light;
From death, lead me to immortality
Aum peace, peace, peace.
                  --Bṛhadāraṇyaka Upaniṣad 1.3.28
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 September 28, 01:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you manage that? More details, please!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 September 28, 01:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit. I could have used that. I just equipped 30+ planets with uberturrets and you know not everyone sells those.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
karthikthepro
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 September 28, 07:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you manage that? More details, please!
I made the mods using Rick's beta tools for Spore. It was a bit of work requiring me to change the QuantityToOffer tag in the .prop file in Group ID: 0x034D97FA, and some 25 files. Then compiled the decompiled prop.xml(s) back to prop and package them.

Dammit. I could have used that. I just equipped 30+ planets with uberturrets and you know not everyone sells those.
Sorry, It took me a while in my quest to find where the Quantity on sale for each equipments are defined. So, as soon as I got the necessary details, I made this hack.

I hope every welcomes the hack and enjoys Spore more. Happy Sporing.

Regards,
Karthik

From ignorance, lead me to truth;
From darkness, lead me to light;
From death, lead me to immortality
Aum peace, peace, peace.
                  --Bṛhadāraṇyaka Upaniṣad 1.3.28
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: