More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:26:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Character Portraits
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Character Portraits  (Read 66616 times)
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Character Portraits
« Reply #25 on: 2008 September 22, 21:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like this feature if they hadn't gone so overboard with it.  I don't pay enough attention to the poses to care that those change, but I have noticed the phonebook and relationship panels taking ridiculously long to load.  That is definitely something I Do Not Want.

I normally don't play with OFB businesses much but I had a Sim with the lifetime want for 5 level ten's, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  He now has all the perks.. including the one that means you can call every single Sim in the neighbourhood.  And my neighbourhood is large, to put it mildly.  Loading that phonebook, especially the first time, was 'fun'.  Luckily he doesn't use the phone much since his social is nearly constantly green thanks to spending pretty much his whole life running businesses.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 September 23, 06:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heads up: Dizzy over at The Laden Swallow has made a low-level uberhack that allegedly fixes this problem, but it's only usable with a no-CD crack.

http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.php?topic=1530.0

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 September 23, 15:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great, but I'm not sure how to make the .c file and the .exe dizzy made work. It's probably not compatible with Vista.  Cry

EDIT: nvm, I got the 'file is patched' message (just had to re paste-copy the AL no-cd .exe). Whooo, going to test it out now.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 September 23, 15:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh thank fuck! Now I play my other hoods. I haven't been touching them as the portraits change upon loading and I like them a certain way because I'm a fussy bastard.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 September 23, 16:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have worked out that the portrait is wiped every time a sim inits, resets or errors.  I think it's not so much that the game wants to make a new one than that the reset wipes out the old one, and provided your sim is in play at the time the game knows it has to generate a portrait for him.

That explains why there are so many missing in SimPE.  You know when you add hacks to the game, or remove them, you go into the game and find some families standing to attention by their beds?  Well that means they were reset as they reached a line of code you have removed or replaced by a hack or other custom object.   The ones without pictures in SimPE are ones who have had their stacks reset but who you haven't played since, in order to regenerate their portraits.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 September 23, 19:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, what does this mean for the hack that dizzy made?

EDIT: Inge, yeah, I guess. Still testing it out.  Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 September 23, 19:23:50 by Crash » Logged

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 September 23, 19:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming he's worked out what's happening and where, and that's what his fix addresses?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 September 25, 16:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cry

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 September 25, 17:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'splain. Are you using the cracked .exe?

I'm using Dizzy's .exe hack and it's working perfectly. I do have to regenerate portraiture for kids on age transition or their old age pic shows in other sims' relationship panels. No big deal...I normally do that anyway.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 September 25, 17:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well when I first did it, it loaded normally. I entered a sort of test family, and the computer crashed pretty much as soon as it had loaded and the actual lot/sims appeared (I don't think the crash is related though as I've been getting it on Spore as well).

When I rebooted and tried to load the game, that thing came up. Replaced crack with a new one and tried the .exe hack again and this thing still comes up. I don't know what could have gone wrong, seeing as it was fine before it crashed. I hope I don't have to reinstall as that would mean having to download the torrent again (which I deleted to make room for bloody Spore).
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 September 25, 19:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to try a couple of times before I got the 'file is patched' message. I put the .c file and the .exe in a folder somewhere, then I copied the latest no-cd .exe to the bin folder. It was exactly the same .exe, but somehow that got it to work - when I ran dizzy's fix again I got the correct message. I have Vista, which means I have .net 2.0 installed (I also have .net 1.1 installed)  dunno if that's got anything to do with it.  Works like a charm. 

gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 September 25, 20:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried everything under the sun and can't get it to patch. Cry
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 September 25, 20:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried everything under the sun and can't get it to patch. Cry

Perhaps someone who's got it to work would be kind enough to put up a torrent for those who can't?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 September 25, 20:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be so much appreciated Smiley
Xiomberg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 September 26, 16:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apartment Life NoCD.exe + Dizzy Portrait patch.

Sims2EP8.rar
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 September 26, 16:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baaaaaaaaa Smiley
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 September 26, 17:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had this depressing thought: that eaxis effectively borked the game so it will crash all the time with no hope of recovery - and that eaxis will ignore the borkage because they want people to buy sims 3 instead.   Sad

I don't think they're done milking the TS2 teet just yet. They'll probably be working the Double Deluxe, Super Whammola Deluxe, and/or Obligatory Complete Collection angle for the next year or so - not to mention, they won't want us to abandon TS2 anytime soon, now that they've started selling their rejected crap in that online store.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 October 01, 20:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims2EP8.rar

when i download i get a message that file is corrupted from winrar.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 October 01, 21:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try downloading again.  Sometimes they get corrupted in transit.

Tribulatio proxima est
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 October 01, 23:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tried it 3 times.  second time i saved it instead of opening and when i tried to extract it get message about corrupt file. 
Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 October 05, 12:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims2EP8.rar

Smiley Is there any chance of making a new version of this that has been patched with the new Apartment Life patch please Xiomberg ( that's if you want to patch that is )   Smiley
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 October 05, 13:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading comprehension beyond you? That hack is by Dizzy, not Xiomberg. It even says so on the box.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Xiomberg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 October 05, 14:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Dizzy updates his patch I will put a link up for the new dizzy patched NoCD.exe
Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 October 05, 18:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading comprehension beyond you? That hack is by Dizzy, not Xiomberg. It even says so on the box.

I can read fine thanks  Tongue Cheesy and I know the original hack is by Dizzy . But I also know this amalgamation of the hack and the no cd exe is by Xiomberg so that's why I'm asking him . Dizzy's hack itself may barely need updating , if at all because it may patch the patched AL exe just as easily and successfully as the unpatched AL exe . However , a new NOcd part of Xiomberg's amalgamation of the 2 hacks will DEFINITELY be needed and that's where the pitfalls are . Because there are so many No CD's for games that for those who have hardly ever used them it's hard know which are the reliable sites for the good genuine ones and which are the sites that carry the virus riddled pieces of shit . Xiomberg obviously knows his is reliable though , or he wouldn't have posted it here so I put my trust in him and I'm prepared to do so again if and when he makes a patched AL version of this  Smiley 

And thanks Xiomberg , for combining the two hacks for other people and thanks to Dizzy for the hack in the first place  Smiley
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 October 08, 21:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dizzy has updated his fix to work with the new patch.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: