More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:30:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Crammyboye Archives (Moderator: crammyboy)
| | |-+  No Furious Reactions/Actions EXPERIMENTAL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Furious Reactions/Actions EXPERIMENTAL  (Read 17557 times)
crammyboy

View Profile
No Furious Reactions/Actions EXPERIMENTAL
« on: 2005 November 05, 04:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack by-passes a global call primarily used for furious reactions.

This is an EXPERIMENTAL fix and may cause problems. Be careful. Backup files.

Furious tokens will still be created, and should decay normally.
Actions based on furious (Can kicking, stomping, etc.) should stop.
Furious thoughts will still exist, although there should be fewer standing fuming sims.

If you have problems with this hack, please provide detailed descriptions of the problem.

I say again. This hack is Experimental only. Use at your own risk.

This is a nightlife only hack.

* CBOY_NoFuriousReactions.zip (0.78 KB - downloaded 646 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 11:40:21 by crammyboy » Logged
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: No Furious Reactions/Actions EXPERIMENTAL
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 11, 20:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.  After all the moaning and groaning we were all doing about the furious thing no one's replied yet? Wink  I guess I'm going to have to give this a run-through in a test neighborhood and see what happen as soon as I get some time to do it.  Life's just been too crazy lately!

Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 02:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.  After all the moaning and groaning we were all doing about the furious thing no one's replied yet? Wink  I guess I'm going to have to give this a run-through in a test neighborhood and see what happen as soon as I get some time to do it.  Life's just been too crazy lately!

We're all scared of what it might do... and running about like the proverbial headless chickens, trying to ready ourselves for the holidays.  *hugs C-boy for this*

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 18, 18:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, sorry. I usually try not to reply to experimentals unless I have a problem. I've downloaded and installed the mod almost as soon as it was posted and so far it is working like a charm. No problems, hassles, no BFBVS, and yes, I have NL installed.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 04, 20:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It took me a while to be able to test it because, well, I had to first have a sim furious at another! LOL

At any rate, it doesn't cause my game to explode, which is really great!

It's been really difficult to tell, though, if this is actually working because it seems like they're still fuming over the burglar every chance they get.

DebWilldo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 06, 01:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank You!!! Kiss  I found it very annoying that even the kids would stomp and fume over every little annoyance.
 As for the adults; fuming over a rejected flirtation w/a stranger, for days at a time ?? Roll Eyes  A bit obsessive, hey? Embarrassed
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 11, 04:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have two students who really hate each other, Phineas Furley and a dormie called Rebecka Bendett, and he now shares a house with a dormie called Cale Andrews.  Cale is friends with Rebecka.  She came over to visit, and Phineas saw her and started fighting before she even got to ring the doorbell.  The next evening she appeared while he was at class, so I sent Cale to greet her, but by the time he'd got downstairs and reached her, she'd kicked over the trashcan.  So, if they're really furious, I think they will still do things like that!

Update.  I played them again for a bit and Phineas gradually went down to around 0 although still furious.  Then I went back to the dorm, and checked Rebecka with the Mind Control Mirror after she appeared to be stuck in her room for about 3 days.  She was still totally furious.  Anyway, I moved her out and into her own place, and then the furiousness declined normally.

I think it's a problem with any non-playable sim, that once furious, they stay that way, and it seems odd as in other aspects their relationships can increase/decline just like any other sim's.  But it explains why Kaylynn, for example, will still have the furious bubble for ages after Daniel, or Don, thinks they're friends again!
« Last Edit: 2005 December 12, 11:57:58 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 13, 23:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just got back here to add to what I said earlier.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working in my game.  I have two uni students who were furious with the burglar for breaking into their house when they were kids.  Barbie's over her furiousness, so of course the foot-stomping and fist-clenching has stopped.  However, James is still stamping his feet and clenching his fists at every turn (his furiousness isn't wearing off quite so quickly--although I know that's not a problem with the mod, anyway.)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 13, 23:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate it when a furious sim has the want to "See X's ghost" and at the same time they also roll "Apologise to X" especially when X is the instigator of the disagreemnt that led to the fight(s)!

I mean, if someone kicked over your trashcan for no apparent reason, and you had a go at them for it, why should YOU apologise!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: