More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:40:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Phone Hack v6.8: SHINY EDITION! (07/29/05)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Phone Hack v6.8: SHINY EDITION! (07/29/05)  (Read 96881 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Re: Phone Hack v6.8: SHINY EDITION! (07/29/05)
« Reply #50 on: 2005 September 19, 00:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to remove this hack after installing NL as children suddenly could only call adults.  Pain in the butt when they wanted to be friends with a new townie child and couldn't contact them.

Well it was either this one or autoyakyak.  My first instinct is to say this one though because of the new 'groups' function in NL.

<insert witty comment here>
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2005 September 19, 17:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a message coming up saying my Sim child couldn't call anyone because he didn't know anyone yet.  Tongue

I'll be definitely waiting for this 'un to become Nightlife compatible.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Ndainye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 September 19, 23:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your phone hacks are wonderful and provide options that I would love to utilize however all your phone hack functions remove the sims autonomously hanging up the phone when either their social bar is full or they have gotten their requesit daily relationship score from the call (I think it's 20).  What this means is that I can't que my sim up to make their daily phone calls and then do something else in the household.  I have to babysit the caller or else they will just yack until they drain their bars and dissolve into a puddle Sad
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 September 20, 06:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm, that's meant to happen. With the phone hack, sims talk until social is at full, and until STR (short term relationship) is at maximum. If you just want to call a few friends, and maybe the sim's family, try looking up the AutoYakYak's number.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 September 20, 14:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But doesnt autoyak "call firends/family) cause them to chat until their relationship is at max too?
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 September 20, 15:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoops. I knew something was wrong with that post, but couldn't for the life of me (or the lips) figure out what it was when I hit the post button. I normally play with Power Idle on, and freewill off, so the sims take care of their needs sans micromanagement. Is it true Nightlife has broke it, or is it just College Rampage that is broke?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 September 21, 10:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

File not found for download?

Can't find the update of Dr Boris.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 September 25, 22:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is this the updated version or what?   I can't download it,  I think it said "I was not authorized to veiw this page or something like that.   Cry     Cry
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 September 25, 22:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is still the old version. Presumably when the updated file is available, it will be in the Firing Range.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Arkali
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 October 04, 17:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a suggestion. Being a little bored, I decided to play the way I used to. You know, actually celebrating birthdays and weddings with parties, silly stuff like that. Well anyway, unless I'm totally missing something, it would be nice if a child can throw her own party and invite her guests. I got a kid (right now, alt tabbed actually) who is about to have a party, she has three little friends who would love to come over, and since the adults barely know the kids (and might not even be able to invite children), she has to be stuck having her parents invite their own friends over. A bunch of stuffy adults at a child's birthday party, man what fun. Come to think of it, can adults invite kids? I guess it would also be cool if they befriended kids and invited them to a toddler's birthday, so the toddler has new friends to make after the transition.
I wish that invitees would take the highest relationship score in the *household* to determine whether to show up or not.  Would make it a lot easier to invite folks.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 October 08, 19:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually invite cousins to kids' birthday parties, the parents usually know them and they usually turn up.  Also, I've generally found that family gatherings make for better parties and they're more likely to get the "Had a great party" memory.  Just have to make sure the party starts early enough so parents don't take the kids home halfway through!

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 October 11, 12:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Z.Z., where have you been? Good to see you back!

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 October 11, 13:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your concern, laeshanin!  I've just had a bout of depression so I've immersed myself in a new neighbourhood till I felt a bit better.  Makes me feel even better to find so many people concerned about me!

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 October 12, 08:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, just IM me if I'm on line. Always happy to lend an ear.

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 October 12, 10:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Laeshanin, but I do actually get over these things by myself , and I don't have any real reason why I sometimes feel this way, so it's actually quite difficult to tell anyone about it, because there's really nothing to tell.  Thanks all the same for your concern.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2005 October 15, 03:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phone hack still seems to work after the Uni patch.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 October 15, 05:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad about that!

Zephyr Zodiac
MommaPat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 October 17, 01:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Most Awesome one!!  I am having problems with the phonehack in NightLife.  I LOVE this and miss it.  It causes my sims NOT to be able to call a sim and just talk.  They just stand there and  with no advacement of the social bar and they seem frozen while the other sims carry on around them.  Will you be updating this one for NightLife??  I really do apprecieat all your hard work on these awesome fixes and hacks!!  Untill they change things for an exp. pk. they work like a charm!!  Then ol' Maxis has to go and screw around with them to give us another exp pk.  Thanks again for your hard work!!  I'll keep checking back in with ya'

Patty
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 October 17, 02:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have nightlife too and have removed it an long time ago. U have to wait for JM to get his Nightlife expansion before it will get fixed.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 October 17, 04:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't know why every time they make a new EP they have to change so much!

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 October 17, 10:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A) because they're idiots; B) because they're idiots; C) they like to see us cough up inordinate amounts of cash on a heap of junk; D) because thye're idiots. *select all applicable*

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 October 17, 10:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Undecided

Zephyr Zodiac
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2005 October 17, 10:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, expansion packs inherently expand upon what is already there.  In most cases, you cannot have some of the new and some of the old, you have to choose new or old (to install or not to install, that is the question....)

While I'll be receiving my Nightlife CD sometime this week, if I do install it I won't actually be playing it proper with my established families until these various bits of functionality are restored.  I have just in the past few days been playing TS2U on my second account to try and figure out which hacks work post-patch, and it's good in one way because it serves to prune custom content to just what I need to enjoy the game.  The bad thing is, I haven't got through them all, and I probably won't have before NL arrives, and playing families just for testing purposes is not as enjoyable as playing the ones I know.

Make good use of disposable guinea pigs, I say, and when the modders catch up we can go back to our scheduled family programming Wink

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 October 17, 11:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoying, though, that everyone who cares what happens to their game feels obliged to go through this process!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2005 October 17, 23:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tend to see it as being at least partially beneficial to my existing families.  Having practised the integration of a driveway, for example, I won't have so much chance to mess up their house when I get them a car Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: