More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:47:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Apartment fixes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment fixes  (Read 29246 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Apartment fixes
« on: 2008 September 12, 13:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm not sure where I should be posting this, but I wanted to say I have some apartment fixes in testing at http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=1770.0

At this stage, the hack is making apartment neighbors more intelligent about when their bedtime is, and more intelligent about when is a good time to come out into the communal areas, so they don't immediately turn round and go back again.

Roomies no longer run errands to green up - they have to use the items on the lot!

Coming soon - an indicator-object system to let the tenants know if they have everything they need in their apartments or if they need to come out to see to certain needs.  Hopefully to make other scenaria such as hostels possible.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Apartment fixes
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 12, 13:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent. Will tenants spontaneously use objects such as the gym equipment?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 12, 14:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done anything about that yet, but I welcome all suggestions in the thread, especially at this stage.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 13, 14:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make the roomie mod as a separate hack?  I don't have any problem with the way the neighbors act, but I want my roomies to be non-invincible.  Pretty please?
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 13, 15:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds great! Any way to get the file(s) without doing a registration dance?
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 13, 15:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the files just fine without any dancing, registration or otherwise.
pangolin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 13, 15:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent idea  some of apartment neighbors are so annoying I hate it when they keep going in out and they never seem to sleep.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 13, 16:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be able to split the roomie bits from the rest.  I will see.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 15, 11:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent idea  some of apartment neighbors are so annoying I hate it when they keep going in out and they never seem to sleep.
I find the opposite problem, that they tend to run off while you're in the middle of a conversation with them...or even when you've forced them to selectableness and are giving them instructions!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 15, 11:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the opposite problem, that they tend to run off while you're in the middle of a conversation with them...or even when you've forced them to selectableness and are giving them instructions!

I was having the same problem, Inge's mod helps a lot with that. Now they only run off on Mondays when everyone must pay rent, and to go to work.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 15, 12:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure Pescado would use one of my hacks, on principle Smiley

caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 15, 12:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because you're so mean?  Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 15, 12:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have an anti-Inge principle, and, in fact, use the Ingelogical Shrub, but I do tend to have a clear not-invented-here bias in my game...especially when the not-invented-here conflicts with the invented-here! My version is more concerned with making them disappear back into their rabbit holes before they die due to the fundamentally stupid AI, and discouraging them from loitering forever in empty corridors. Like I'm perfectly fine with roomies that "run errands" to go green up. I mean, isn't that what YOUR sims do on community lots? The alternative tends to have them repeatedly die because the sims AI is stupid and incapable of long-term survival, especially when they are also trying to undertake timed subgoals like "go to work at X". If anything, the bandaiding functions like "run errand" and "disappear into rabbit hole" are a sign that the Sims designers are REALIZING this, and while we don't want invulnerable sims that play the instruments forever, I don't really want them suiciding themselves (especially when they are playables!), either. Disappearing into their rabbit hole is acceptable.

Also, my undiscovered shiny is basically aimed at the same thing, but without "indicator objects", since trying to relandscape the common area of an apartment is a bad, bad thing.

BTW, Inge, you're in Awesomeland now. I made you the Landlord NPC. You'll be seen in the next episode as, naturally, "Gray Fatness".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 15, 12:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have an anti-Inge principle, and, in fact, use the Ingelogical Shrub,

Sigh....  get the CAT already :rolleyes:

Anyway the indicator objects are meant to go in at the same time you kit the rest of the communal areas - after all that's when you will be deciding what needs are contained in the apartments and which needs are provided communally!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 15, 13:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh....  get the CAT already :rolleyes:
But I *LIKE* the shrub! When I think Ingelogical, I think SHRUB. Plus, this is like Ingelogical Shrub dating back to Uni. I personally hacked it myself to continue to function, as well as do assorted esoteric things-of-the-moment that only I would actually want. At this point, it's sort of like my trusty crowbar.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 15, 15:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, when can we expect the undiscovered shiny to be discovered? Is it one of those we have to encourage fat gwilly people to ask for? Because I want to nom nom nom it!

Inge, I tried out your fix, and it seemed to work as intended on most lots, however I had some issues with a lot where another family's apartment were visible - these neighbors just stood around doing nothing after a while, starting to stink. They didn't even go inside their apartment, and when they finally did, they still just stood there. When I played said family, everything was fine, and the other family was working fine. I am going to test out some more.

Gotta say though, it was kinda nice and shocking to have the room mate actually go to sleep in a bed!

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 15, 16:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the one about the family unable to go into their apartment.  Was it the family with toddlers?   I think one of the toddlers got stuck just inside the door.  Eventually the family sorted themselves out, after several sim hours, and were able to go inside.  I might look at making a fix so that if it happens again they will be able to just "jump over" the obstruction lol.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 September 15, 19:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the one about the family unable to go into their apartment.  Was it the family with toddlers?   I think one of the toddlers got stuck just inside the door.  Eventually the family sorted themselves out, after several sim hours, and were able to go inside.  I might look at making a fix so that if it happens again they will be able to just "jump over" the obstruction lol.
Well, incidentally they had a baby, and it was just inside the door. But first they just stood staring at each other on the other side of the lot, so I am not sure what happened exactly. I used my playable sim to call them and then say good bye, and that made them first stand outside of the door for a while, then they suddenly went inside and stood there instead. Truth be told, I can't be sure it's your hack that are doing this, maybe it's just regular borkage. I will take out your fix and see what happens - I don't have any other hacks besides awesomeware because I took out twojeffs after they crashed my game. The family is the Patels, so we might be able to throw the blame on eaxis for this one - I'll test more.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
firerayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 09, 22:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could someone make a mod to stop the autonimously playing chess pleasssse? they're driving me nuts
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 October 09, 22:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could someone make a mod to stop the autonimously playing chess pleasssse? they're driving me nuts

See here.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 October 11, 19:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am almost ready to release a much shinier version that I started developing before Inge made hers: Unlike the Ingelogical version, it does not require any configurational signs at all! It will auto-detect all these features for you. The crash-testing will be visible in the next episode of AWESOMELAND! Coming soon to Fat Gwilly People near you.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 October 11, 23:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Inge's defence I'm fairly sure that the pictures are part of the customisation ability and not designed that way out of an inability to force standardised conformist behaviour.

That said I await your version with baited breath. I've got some wierd interaction (no conflict listed) that causes problems when I use Inge's version.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 October 11, 23:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What weird interaction?

BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 October 12, 01:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado is in your mind.  Auto-detecting your thoughts.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 October 12, 02:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Inge's defence I'm fairly sure that the pictures are part of the customisation ability and not designed that way out of an inability to force standardised conformist behaviour.
I'm not out to force a conformist behavior either: I went for the "natural" approach of actually detecting what things are present and making sims thus respond accordingly to those things. Also, a number of unrelated bugs like Sleepwalking and Busted Autonomy were resolved.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: