More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:30:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Has the clothing tool changed, or is it AL??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Has the clothing tool changed, or is it AL??  (Read 16071 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Has the clothing tool changed, or is it AL??
« on: 2008 September 08, 02:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my first uni graduate post AL last night.  Usually the clothing tool lets me buy new clothes for graduates at a premium to get them out of the fugly aging outfits the game usually foists upon my sims, however this time I got a new dialog box which simply said 'Suggest Outfit' and gave me all the clothes as an option to change to.  I don't think it cost her any money, either.

Has the clothing tool had it's functions changed, or is this an AL feature?

<insert witty comment here>
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Has the clothing tool changed, or is it AL??
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 08, 19:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been wondering the same thing.  If I want 5 different everyday outfits, I have to go through Pick New Clothes five times in a row.  That gets old pretty fast.  If it was changed that way on purpose, why?

Karen

EDIT to add:  I don't normally play with clothingtool_globals installed.  Doesn't seem to make any difference, I can only select one outfit at a time, even on a home lot.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 08, 19:36:36 by Karen » Logged
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 08, 20:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not AL.  I only have up to BV and the behaviour is the same for me.  The clothingtool was updated recently, so I think it's safe to assume that it has changed although the RTFM does not reflect this.  Personally, I don't mind the difference.  It used to have twice as many dialogs (one to buy and another to plan for every category), and it's nice to speed through when I just want to snag one outfit.  It does feel a little cheaty to get new clothes at no charge, but I used a money order to throw some money at the NPCs.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 16, 08:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the "buy clothes" feature - now I have to send my sims in charge of changing the townies' outfits to a community lot to buy all the clothes needed Cry.

Then again, the current version is great to get other outfits without clogging the wardrobe, and you don't have to pay for getting rid of fugly stuff that's being forced on you on aging-up, which is only fair.

Anyway - I'm wondering if the older version could still be used without breaking something?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 16, 16:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere around here that it IS indeed a feature of the updated hack.

That's all the info I have though.  Undecided

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 16, 20:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway - I'm wondering if the older version could still be used without breaking something?

Why not get Numenor's coat rack?  It lets you shop from home.  It is an additional hack, but at least you'll know it's supported?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 17, 17:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not get Numenor's coat rack?  It lets you shop from home.  It is an additional hack, but at least you'll know it's supported?

I've downloaded the coat rack as soon as it was clear that the clothing tool no longer supported buying stuff and would stay that way Cheesy.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 17, 22:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i liked, most my poor sims have no money even to buy new clothes so went one sim grow up i can choose the clothe fit him, so no more beggars or junkies with nice fine new clothes.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 17, 22:43:50 by edespino » Logged

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 18, 19:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a new additional tweak, yes. The clothing tool was never really intended as a shopping mechanism, but I can add that functionality back in the next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 18, 20:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer to do my shopping on Community lots anyway.  More opportunities to meet Sims that don't involve me teleporting them to my home out of frustration.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 18, 22:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a new additional tweak, yes. The clothing tool was never really intended as a shopping mechanism, but I can add that functionality back in the next version.

I would appreciate that. I don't like shopping in RL and don't really bother about taking sims to community lots and going through the long palaver to get them set up. I like to run the clothing tool after they age up, then they pretty much stay in the same outfits until next age up. Except for adults who get a middle-age makeover at some point.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 18, 23:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would appreciate that. I don't like shopping in RL and don't really bother about taking sims to community lots and going through the long palaver to get them set up. I like to run the clothing tool after they age up, then they pretty much stay in the same outfits until next age up. Except for adults who get a middle-age makeover at some point.

What witch said.

<insert witty comment here>
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 19, 08:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to get the option back on the clothing tool, too. Although the above mentioned clothing rack is an alternative, I definitively prefer my hacks coming from as few different creators as possible.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 19, 09:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going to be a voice of dissent - liking it the way it is now!

If the buy clothing function returns later, could it possibly come in as a completely separate function to choosing clothes?  So we could perhaps choose clothes and have it work as now, and also buy clothes and collect multiple outfits as required.

I'm just liking the non-clog of wardrobes now!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 19, 11:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the buy clothing function returns later, could it possibly come in as a completely separate function to choosing clothes?  So we could perhaps choose clothes and have it work as now, and also buy clothes and collect multiple outfits as required.

Hear, hear!

I prefer to send my sims shopping for clothes-otherwise they would never leave their lots! Cheesy

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 19, 12:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. I don't get that new feature at all. I can get as many new outfits as I want without loading the clothing tool more than once. Really really weird. I going to look for duplicates, because that has got to be it - I clean out the hack folder regularly before putting in updates these days. Hmmm.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 19, 13:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the reasons the "new method" came about was because it makes it easier to refit townies and nonresidents, whereas the old system does not work too well for this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 September 19, 14:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i suport this i hope we can choose the metod, i like the new.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 September 19, 14:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it the way it is now, the new way.  It's free, good for townies.  Why should my sims have to pay for townies' wardrobe?

Mooooo
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 September 19, 15:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is the plan. Death to all Nesses.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 September 19, 22:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma, my sims still never leave their lots!

Thanks, Pescado!  Kiss  And nope, not dying any time soon.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 September 20, 20:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to say that I really like the way the tool works now, especially the automatic "pick clothing" when the sim grows up and that it is easy to just make any sim selectable and pick clothes for them. Easy and fast.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 September 21, 17:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to say that I really like the way the tool works now, especially the automatic "pick clothing" when the sim grows up and that it is easy to just make any sim selectable and pick clothes for them. Easy and fast.

Oh!  So that's what I'm supposed to do to dress up the townies?  lol  Didn't think of that.   Tongue  One thing that would make it nicer is if it actually said on each page what type of clothing we were picking.  I have a lot of custom clothes that are set as underwear, sleepwear, swimwear, and/or athletic wear, so I have to scroll to the end to see what Maxis stuff is in that current set and know what I'm setting up.  Well, I had do do that until I wrote it down: Everyday, Swimwear, Formal, PJs, Athletic, Undies, Outerwear.   Cheesy

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 September 21, 20:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't suppose it's possible to make them automatically go to the clothing tool upon aging when they've been told to grow up with one day left, rather than waiting until the end?

I didn't realise at first that it jumped in automatically because I usually age my sims up as soon as I can rather than waiting until they must and the game does it for you.

I can cope if it can't be done, but it would be nice.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 September 24, 13:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know what'd be cool.  A hack that allows you to pick 7 outifts for a sim to wear each day during the week that they'd automagically change into...

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: