More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 12:05:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Idiot questions about townies.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Idiot questions about townies.  (Read 5551 times)
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Idiot questions about townies.
« on: 2008 September 05, 10:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things. One, I was playing around with the Townie creator, and I accidentally clicked "show all townies". I quit the lot without saving and played a Uni lot. After about an hour of playing, a window popped up saying that my game had a terminal error, and that it needed to quit. Is this a VBT?

Other thing, is there an easier way to make a townie than the Townie creator?

Thanks.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Idiot questions about townies.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 05, 15:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other thing, is there an easier way to make a townie than the Townie creator?

Not necessarily 'easier', but many of us make our own townies using CAS, putting the resulting sim on an empty lot, and using Inge's teleporter cat to turn them into a townie. Many MATYians are townies in my game this way.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Psysix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 05, 20:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily 'easier', but many of us make our own townies using CAS, putting the resulting sim on an empty lot, and using Inge's teleporter cat to turn them into a townie. Many MATYians are townies in my game this way.

I'm kinda surprised I never thought of doing something like that with my friends.  Nonetheless, thanks for an idea I'm going to start on right away!
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 05, 21:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I used the teleporter cat and it worked. but the game just gave me a terminal error again... I haven't put anything new in the game, except for a few sets of clothing, but they wouldn't do that, would they? I have everything except AL...
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 05, 21:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, clothing can cause that (a bad mesh would be the issue), as can hacks that haven't been updated for FT. Take your newest CC out (other than the cat), and try it again.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 12, 00:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know anything about the terminal error you're getting, but I feel as if I should warn you about the townie creator.  Even if you decide not to keep the townies it spawns, the files are still there, and will clutter your sim folder if you turn down alot.  I did this in my game and the load times doubled next time I played.  Thankfully, I'm finally free of all those useless files, and I'm never making that mistake again Roll Eyes
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 20, 21:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know anything about the terminal error you're getting, but I feel as if I should warn you about the townie creator.  Even if you decide not to keep the townies it spawns, the files are still there, and will clutter your sim folder if you turn down alot.  I did this in my game and the load times doubled next time I played.  Thankfully, I'm finally free of all those useless files, and I'm never making that mistake again Roll Eyes
Yeah, I noticed that my load times are longer, but how do I delete the townies without borking my game?
Moon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 21, 02:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6205.0.html
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile