More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:08:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  Lest we forget: SPORE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lest we forget: SPORE  (Read 138332 times)
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
Re: Lest we forget: SPORE
« Reply #75 on: 2008 September 06, 07:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a 1000 creature Torrent for download. In addition sharing these things is incredibly easy. Email a .png file of your critter.

/documents/mysporecreations/whatever kind of whatever you want to share

This was a big thing for me to find out so I will share. To load the critters you either find,save,email or download if you are not using the sporepedia is very easy and not intuitive.
You put the game in windowed mode, go to the directory said .png is in. You drag said .png file into spore. There you go all loaded.
After the hassle I have dealt with in all the Sim games in sharing content this is very simple and rather unexpected.

To get to windowed mode is a "uncheck" in the graphics menu or Alt+Enter.
I opened my "in game" sporepedia and dropped things from there. I have to say that this is rather slick. So if we wanted to share our content without the perils of the Online sporepedia, we only need the .png file to do so.

For your clicking pleasure..........
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4337557/Spore_1000_Creatures_Pack

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2008 September 06, 14:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still a day out from Spore, but I can upload Creature Creator critters. 28 and counting, here. Username attributed should be Faizah.

A 'couple' of favourites:

(Aslorn, Bazoo, Blibble)

(Bortog, Skonawary, Talmon)

(Talopda, Taonak, Terec)

Though be warned, Terec was designed to be a killer - which is why I wondered if you could bring a created one into the game to play - and even friendly herbivore Taonak has a hidden spitter weapon.

Quill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 September 06, 15:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The easiest way to get to omnivore anyways is with the carnivore mouth and herbivore mouth in cell phase. It makes finding food a whole lot easier in creature phase (not that it was hard to begin with) and it makes finding food trivial in tribal phase. Sure, you can use the omnivore mouth after you get it, but usually the time you unlock it you're already in either the carnivore or the herbivore paths and can't get out of it.

Exactly.  For those who are still confused: 
I figured out that to be an omnivore and have access to the omnivore mouths in critter phase you have to split what  you eat in cell phase.  You don't have to eat one plant and then one meat, but once you have access to both a carnivore and herbivore mouth, you can have a two-mouthed creature until you get the omnivore proboscis (Said proboscis kicks some serious ass!).  With the two-mouthed creature, you can try to eat the equivalent amount of whatever you didn't have access to before and then go on from there switching between the two. 

Step one:  Pick your original mouth.  In this case I'm saying carnivore. 
Step two:  Eat meat until I get enough points to evolve and buy another mouth.  Keep vague track of how much meat I've eaten. 
Step three:  Get the herbivore mouth and stick it as close to the front of my creature as possible without removing the carnivore mouth. 
Step four:  Eat plants until I am even with the amount of meat I've eaten.  While doing this, attack critters that have the gold token symbol until I am tricked out with shinies.  Once meat=plants, eat a balanced diet. 
Step five:  Evolve legs, and rejoice in my awesome omnivore qualities. 
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 September 06, 18:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played the cell stage twice and neither time could I find the omnivore jaw!  I got all the parts except that one.

See that green pear-like thing that can charge forward really quick and pierce other cells while draining their fluids? That's the cell stage omnivore mouth.  You can also suck plants with it.

Psst. WE ALL DON'T MEET THE SAME CREATURES.

*facepalm.*
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 September 06, 19:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's still the mouth to steal. Oddly, I had the same cells on my last two planets. The others before were different.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 September 06, 20:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-stares at the space stage in awe-

I have nothing else to say .. my god its full of stars.

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 September 06, 20:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My torrent is only at 11%. *WHIIINE*

I want to play this game more and more every time I read this thread. Cheesy

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 September 06, 22:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The character I just played was supposed to be an omnivore (I already have one, technically, but I don't like it). Instead, it ended up being a predatory carnivore who will kill anything it crosses. It's so cute....but it will tear you limb from limb.

So Cute

Will kill you dead

Possible paradox

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 September 06, 23:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I officially call that shiny buttocks creature.

There is a need to remember as you wander into Civ stage and Space that doing things may be more round about than one might expect. For instance, it is important to note that the Economic Civilization has no military. That means they do not attack anyone.

This does not slow them down, and may make them impossible to deal with when one is playing against them. I am not sure. It was the first Civ level I attained.

Money is power!

MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 September 07, 02:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I officially call that shiny buttocks creature.

There is a need to remember as you wander into Civ stage and Space that doing things may be more round about than one might expect. For instance, it is important to note that the Economic Civilization has no military. That means they do not attack anyone.

This does not slow them down, and may make them impossible to deal with when one is playing against them. I am not sure. It was the first Civ level I attained.

Money is power!

Oh, it's easy to get around that. Take over a military city by buying their asses out. Then you can blow shit up to your heart's desire. Same for religious cities.

I wish my screenshot of a civilization I uplifted would have worked. Didn't know that it didn't until too late. I observed a giant, holographic Black Beast of Arrrrgh! preaching to convert a city. Surreality, I haz it.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2008 September 07, 04:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten to the space stage too, but I keep losing track of certain planets when I get too many missions at once. I would also love to know the minimum design specs for the space craft, or does it not matter what is on it in terms of engines for air, water and space?

Edited to add: Spore English manual download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=vzaft66s
« Last Edit: 2008 September 07, 05:13:54 by Skadi » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 September 07, 05:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spaceship appearances are purely cosmetic. There are no stats, and no parts you can buy in design phase do anything. My ship is featureless cube.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2008 September 07, 05:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go the borg  Grin

squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2008 September 07, 05:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to get an omnivore by just being lucky enough to unlock one of the omnivore mouths in cell stage. It's long and kind of looks like a trumpety sucker.

I wish my screenshot of a civilization I uplifted would have worked. Didn't know that it didn't until too late. I observed a giant, holographic Black Beast of Arrrrgh! preaching to convert a city. Surreality, I haz it.
Like this? I was wondering what it was  Cheesy
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 September 07, 06:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to get an omnivore by just being lucky enough to unlock one of the omnivore mouths in cell stage. It's long and kind of looks like a trumpety sucker.

I finished cell stage with an omnivore mouth. My creature? An herbivore.

So yeah, that doesn't matter too much if you eat too many plants.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 September 07, 06:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a limit, though. Kind of obvious, but while you have some wiggle room, if more than 2/3 of what you ingest is animal you'll be locked into carnivore. The same for herbivore. That was the mistake I made with my green guy...he'd eaten about 75% meat.

There is a cheat console, ala Sims. CTRL-SHIFT-c again. Most of the cheats just affect graphics, but there's one to heal if you suck like me. (I only used it once, though. I don't suck that much).

What's interesting is the way you are shoved into a certain path in civilization. I finally got one creature through the long way (I've been focusing on cell and creature stages) and it was immediately told to choose a religious vehicle. Now, I did want it to go religious, but I wonder what the criteria are for each. Is it based on your score from Tribal? I had a near-perfect on Friendly (I killed one tribe early on because they were pissing me off).

Sometimes what the tribe members talk about is kind of funny given the situation. The one I was playing tonight looks like a yellow stork. One of the little guys kept talking about storks delivering babies to the chief while I had the whole tribe gathered together.

I like the game better now that I kind of get what I'm doing. I pretty much stink at strategy games.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 September 07, 08:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just reached Civ. Stage, and decided that the developers read too much Frank/Brian Herbert. The spice MUST flow!!!
Aelia
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 September 07, 13:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone else had made the spice - Dune connection. However I am disappointed that I can neither command nor ride gigantic sand worms.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 September 07, 14:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, mine's only around 13%, and I've been downloading it on and off for two days now.  Probably at least 20 solid hours of downloads (I have to pause it if I want to do anything else on the net...).  At this rate I should have it by next weekend...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 September 07, 15:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How bad is SuckRom anyway?  I find myself really wanting to play this today, but so far I've managed to avoid infecting my machine.  I made a point of getting the crack for Free Time even though I bought a legit copy, just so I wouldn't install SuckRom.  I bought the 360 version of BioShock instead of the PC version, again for the same reason.  But right now I'm pretty bored and this looks interesting.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 September 07, 15:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has the nasty version of Suckyouwrong in it.

As there is already a patch out for SPORE, and it seems to only come through the EApleasehurtmedownloader. I wonder if this is their new tactic. No patch 4u if you do not install their crud.

squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2008 September 07, 16:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finished cell stage with an omnivore mouth. My creature? An herbivore.

So yeah, that doesn't matter too much if you eat too many plants.
My cell finished as being a carnivore, but in creature stage it's marked and acts as omnivore as long as it has the omnivore mouth on it. If I take off the mouth, it reverts back to being carnivore.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 September 07, 16:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As there is already a patch out for SPORE, and it seems to only come through the EApleasehurtmedownloader. I wonder if this is their new tactic. No patch 4u if you do not install their crud.
Probably. And that's a fine tactic...no patchy-poo unless you are registered, etc. However, not a fine tactic if they are still including SecuROM.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 September 07, 17:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, mine's only around 13%, and I've been downloading it on and off for two days now.  Probably at least 20 solid hours of downloads (I have to pause it if I want to do anything else on the net...).  At this rate I should have it by next weekend...

Twilight Torrents FTW!  Seriously, I got the d/l in about 5 hours total.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 September 07, 17:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twilight Torrents FTW!  Seriously, I got the d/l in about 5 hours total.

Yea, well, as of now Twilight Torrents is down -- I get a 'you don't have permission to access /' error when I go to it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: