More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:19:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: September
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: September  (Read 131226 times)
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: EAxis House of Fail: September
« Reply #100 on: 2008 September 22, 12:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, all.
Pink Floyd was my fave band in the old days.
I just noticed though, I was putting in CC of K8's flowers just now.. (want to upload onto Parsimonious maybe). I  had a gravestone of Richard on the lot, and when I packaged it up, and set it down again to make sure all was well, the gravestone was gone. I thought a grave would stay with the lot, or no?

why be normal?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2008 September 22, 12:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, I assumed that too. Huh Strange...

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2008 September 22, 13:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't gravestones typically associated with character files? In other words, it is a Very Bad Idea to package a lot with them? I may be wrong, however.

MaayaBee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 September 22, 18:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lana_B: I'm with ElfPuddle, I love how elegant, yet simple your house feels. The colors are very cozy.

Jwaas: I'm amused that your first house contained urinals. But, aside from that, yay for being the first person this
month without spiral stairs!

Cimaronna: I love the outside path to the basement. I must learn to make basements like that instead of the
usual way. Aside from that, lol for disco gym!

Emma: Fantastic landscaping and outdoor arrangement. Also, I like colors you used for the exterior. It actually
looks like a house from my old neighborhood Smiley

leaths: I absolutely love the whole look and feel of the medieval house. What really sealed the deal on
the authenticity is the stone fireplace in the kitchen.

SalixTree: What an original and colourful house! I've never imagined using so much hot pink in one house!

Batelle: I love the exterior, especially the roof look. Does that roof come with AL? Also, I love all the free space you left for expansion.
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 September 23, 18:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All these houses are beautiful, really! Salix, I'm not a fan of Pink Floyd, and I don't know most of the songs, but I did get the themes to each room, which was pretty awesome way to do the house in my opinion.

I'd upload mine... but... well, it's not done yet. Between my computer crashing every ten minutes or doing Very Bad Things with the graphics in the game, I haven't wanted to work on the lot. I may upload it, if I feel like wrestling with the game to finish it, but I can tell you that my version of the house has an attached garage!  Grin My very first, I might add. If I do, I'll have to get ahold of the clean installer and figure out how to scan my packaged lot. Yes, I am a newb at most of this stuff (mainly just working with the build cheats and the clean installer), even though I've been playing the Sims for about 3 years.
Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008 September 24, 07:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was a fun house to redo. I have all expansions and the K&B and Ikea Stuff Packs. Not available for download yet. A microcrap service pack update borked and semi fubared my system so I can't FTP to my own server, hence the Image Shack links.

Click on thumbnails for larger images or view slideshow http://img255.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img255/4098/12222406988nz.smil

« Last Edit: 2008 September 24, 07:34:52 by Minena » Logged
kalina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 September 25, 02:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Minena, I like the dark mansion style. Will deffinitely download when you provide a link.

I did another remake of the house and this time I tried to make it more modern looking.
The house is meant for a single sim, or to be used as a vacation home.

Here is the front:

And the back:

The second floor (party room?):

Here is the layout of the 2nd floor:

On the first floor we have the only bedroom in the house:

and the living room with the small kitchen and a small dining area:

and here is the layout of the first floor:

and there is a basement that can be used to store career rewards, energizers and so on:

Here is a link to download:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=751285
Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008 September 25, 04:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DOWNLOAD HERE

Got FTP working again so lot is available. It's was packaged from it's original location in Pleasantville and not done from the lot provided in this thread.

Enjoy.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2008 September 25, 13:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had another go at this one. I'm not fond of the exterior, but it's okay, I guess. Price comes in at $67,278 after the wand treatment. I tried to keep it as intact as possible, I added a basement beneath, but kept the exterior walls as exterior.

Basement:

First Floor:

Second Floor:

I used far more decorative items than I normally would (ie, any) and there's a large unfurnished area on the ground floor. But I think I like the overall feel. If needed, the place where the nursery pods are could be remodeled to fit another bedroom, just knock down the pod walls and put another wall in, on line with the bathroom walls.

As is, the place has three bedrooms - one double, two twin singles - and a twin equipped nursery. There are five full bathrooms, but the only bath tubs are on the nursery level.

Get it here.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 September 26, 05:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@SalixTree - hey, cool thing just happened; I was _stumbling_ around the net and your Pink Void popped up on Parsimonious as a stumble! I'm so pleased I'm starting to stumble on good sims sites. On the other hand, that might be why MATY is having a n00b influx, maybe we've been stumbled.

@Faizah - I like your look, especially the outside. I wouldn't have picked the wrought iron fences to go with the logs, yet it works! Not too keen on pink/blue symmetry myself, but apart from that the house looks nice and airy.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2008 September 26, 05:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, the pink/blue is not something I'd normally do. I just needed some colour to offset the massive amounts of wood/neutral tones. (If I was just building for myself, my own game, it would be all neutral tones.)

SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2008 September 27, 08:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@SalixTree - hey, cool thing just happened; I was _stumbling_ around the net and your Pink Void popped up on Parsimonious as a stumble! I'm so pleased I'm starting to stumble on good sims sites. On the other hand, that might be why MATY is having a n00b influx, maybe we've been stumbled.

Yea, I like to put K8's lovely flowers in all my lots, so this Pink Void has those, plus bootbrisket's gravestone. Turns out Maxis gravestones don't package up with lots, and I had to have a gravestone!
The image of you stumbling around the net is funny! But stumbling is cool, you never know what fantastic artist or weird plant you will discover.
As for n00bs, well, seeing as I've only unlurked myself recently, you might say I'm a n00b here myself. Shocked

here's the pic with CC:

get it here:
http://www.parsimonious.org/realestate2/pages/home_small/strpink_void.shtml

why be normal?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 September 27, 09:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does painting a house like that violate any local zoning ordinances or something?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 September 27, 09:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does painting a house like that violate any local zoning ordinances or something?

Only in America.

As for n00bs, well, seeing as I've only unlurked myself recently, you might say I'm a n00b here myself. Shocked

*witch attempts to remove foot from mouth with dignity

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 September 27, 18:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download in 7-Zip format (also opens with WinRar)

I added a garage with an attached apartment, a basement apartment, and an upstairs apartment. The first floor is a common room with computers, a television set, stereo, bookcase, chess board and exercise bike. I tried to keep the old house feel to the decor while adding some modern touches through artwork and sculpture.

Outside front and back:

Two bedroom basement apartment:

Garage with apartment entrance:

First floor common area:

One bedroom garage apartment:

Two bedroom second floor apartment:

Both two bedroom apartments have The One Desk.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 2008 September 27, 19:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, Jesslla! I love this, especially the first floor layout-very nice! I love the apartment over the garage too-an idea I will definitely be stealing Cheesy

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 September 27, 22:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is really very nice, I love odd little nooks and crannies with hidden things. I wouldn't mind living above that garage.  Grin

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 September 28, 01:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@witch and Emma: baaaaaaa for the kind words!

My second remake of the month. Download it in 7-zip format

I didn't make very many changes to the outside of the house. I overhauled the landscaping, added a carport, and redid the color scheme.

(There's a bench of sorts around the willow tree in the left corner)

I added a basement using Hecubus' trick to get outdoor lighting for a pool area.

First floor:

Second floor:

I really love the spiral stairs from AL. Cheesy

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2008 September 28, 08:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this one too Jesslla, the carport looks great!

jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 September 28, 08:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your kitchen is gorgeous.  It makes you itch to start cooking up steaming goulashes, red hot chillis and sear-your-mouth curries - nothing bland could emerge from that decor. Then out you step into cool grey/green elegance and calm. Love it!
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 September 28, 11:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 3rd house for this month (from memory).

An Apartment building of awesomeness.

105 Sim Apartments.

I took far too many photos of this building.  22 in all.

Front of the house.  I think it's a little more modern yet has a victorian feel.

The back of the house.

2 single bedrooms, one master bedroom, one bathroom.  Full kitchen + seating and dining for 6.  Includes a few luxury skilling items.

2 double beds - maybe for 2 flatmates or parents and their teen. 
Same for the last floor with bathroom, kitchen and living room/dining.

The main hub of the apartment block.  A library/study, an area to complete assignments or do homework, a bar for those late night social gatherings, a train set and a pool table to satisfy the inner child and inner pool shark.
Full bathroom attached.
NB: The gate on the bar area may need to be removed if it interferes with social activitys.  I suggest swapping it for the DMA Bar set so you have a tender on tap.

The final level of this house.  2 crib-pods, one master bedroom with walk-in closet and 1 childs room with twin beds.  Perfect for vamps, zombies and those people who hate natural light.
Full bathroom, kitchen and dining along with a living room fit for a king.

Slideshow with individual room pictures:

Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/64791714/d04a7990/105_Sim_Lane_Apartments.html

Each flat is in the 2500 range. 
Terrain is NOT flat - I couldn't fix it.

Enjoy.

PS:  I have one more coming, but it may not be up on time.  If I do post it, it'll be unfurnished.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 September 28, 14:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@jim: That's what I was going for. I wanted an exotic feel to the kitchen, someplace warm and inviting where exciting meals are cooked. Also wanted something you wouldn't expect just by looking at the outside of the house.

@yecats: I love your huge kitchen and dining area. What a fantastic layout! I also love the living room area with the walls for the couch and how the apartments are similar without being exactly the same.

How do you get that cone roof to work right? Every time I try it I either get it off center or a message saying it can't support the weight.

photo
Knuckleheaded Knob

I has a llama.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 September 28, 16:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's mine... Its definitely not awesomespec but the stairs can easily be locked by changing the arch to a door and the kitchen can be locked the same way. I didn't decorate, but I never do, since I hate predecorated houses. It's mostly Maxis save for a terrain paint from Parsimonous, a window and door from the Lafenetre set by Windkeeper, HP's shrubby shrub, fence by Holy Simoly and the floor out by the pool by a creator at MTS2 that I can't remember at the moment. Requires all EP's, no stuff packs.

I've not done much to it on the outside, just brought out the dining room a bit, but I completely changed the floor plan.

http://www.4shared.com/file/64818950/5fbe319/105_Sim_Lane.html
« Last Edit: 2008 September 28, 16:23:58 by photo » Logged

I'm a she.
I am teh AIDES, photo 1 & photo b.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 September 28, 20:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Photo:

From what I can see, you removed the rounded nook from the plans.  That would of ment removing external walls.
Otherwise, nice layout.

Jesslla:

It's a bit of a hit-or-miss when it comes to those rooves.  I've had them fail more than I've had them work.  That one in particular was drawn over a space 5x5.  I think the point of the cone needs to be in the middle of a square for it to work.  if it's on a corner, it'll settle itself to be in a square - hence the off-sided cones.

Don't quote me on that one though.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
photo
Knuckleheaded Knob

I has a llama.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 September 29, 01:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe you can extend which is what I did. I could be wrong though.

I'm a she.
I am teh AIDES, photo 1 & photo b.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: