More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:00:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Urgh; AL townies breeding like rats!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Urgh; AL townies breeding like rats!  (Read 43809 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Re: Urgh; AL townies breeding like rats!
« Reply #50 on: 2008 September 03, 08:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody's sim brought a pregnant friend at home from work? I'm pretty sure she's not a pre-made playable sim. I'm unable to check atm since I'm trying to figure out a bug. None of the pre-made Belladonna cove families have Blond pregnant sims yes?

I've had sims bring home pregnant playables before AL.

The only blonde pre-made in BDC is Jessica Peterson, and she's not pregnant.  If you're not running with empty templates, it could be Samantha Ottomas (she's blonde), who was added to the SimBin with Seasons.  She starts out with a job in the Education career and is pregnant with twins.  I've had sims bring home sims from the SimBin before.

BTW, I think you misinterpreted the title of this thread.  This thread has nothing to do with the possibility of pregnant townies.
No I did noy misinterpret anything. I was just wondering wether the game is spawning pregnant sims since people are complaining abot the game spawning the new townies even when it's not necessary. I was wondering if this is something else borked in the spawning system.

Yes, you're right it is Samantha and now I understand why I got a message about not being able to call her 'cause she doesn't have a phone. Incredibly annoying.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 03, 08:50:04 by virgali » Logged

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 September 03, 15:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah...no.  Roll Eyes

The only way for a townie to be pregnant is if you take a pregnant sim and use hacks to townify them. In an Apoc 'hood of mine, Samantha Ottomas was a fully pregnant zombie townie.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 September 03, 16:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In an Apoc 'hood of mine, Samantha Ottomas was a fully pregnant zombie townie.
Oy, what a barrel of fun she must have been. Imagine the cravings.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 September 03, 16:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clarify to all the people that won't read the whole thread: Notownieregen now stompinates all the extra townie spawning?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 September 03, 17:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grilled cheese. All grilled cheese. I replaced one of the UI files so that brains are now yummy cheesy goodness.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Psysix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 September 03, 17:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clarify to all the people that won't read the whole thread: Notownieregen now stompinates all the extra townie spawning?

As far as I've tested, it seems to.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 September 03, 17:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grilled cheese. All grilled cheese. I replaced one of the UI files so that brains are now yummy cheesy goodness.
That delights me far more than it should. Think it's about time I finally played a Grilled Cheese sim. Or a zombie. Perhaps both at once.  Cheesy

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 September 03, 18:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does not the aspiration dialog (when you are looking at the LTW) just scream zombiness to you?

In a past 'hood, the Oversoul dealt with all Romance sims by making them GCZs during The Cleansing.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 September 03, 19:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And in my hood, Zazazu IS a romance sim who subsists on hot dogs because she has neither stove nor cooking skills.

Tribulatio proxima est
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 September 03, 20:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah...no.  Roll Eyes

The only way for a townie to be pregnant is if you take a pregnant sim and use hacks to townify them. In an Apoc 'hood of mine, Samantha Ottomas was a fully pregnant zombie townie.
Well concidering all the things they break in the game it wouldn't surprise me if that happens. I just saw her bringing her home and she's pregnant. And she wasn't from one of the premade families and I couldn't phone her so I figured messed up townie. At first I thought she belonged to another appartment (not as playable sim but as npc neighbour) and they sciprted her to get pregnant or something.

Then I thought what if they left somethign somewhere in the code that would flag certain female sims as pregnant?! I know, I know it sounds kinda silly now but I was just trying to make sense of it all and never thought about the simbin. I mean how could a townie be pregnant unless she was spawned that way?! That's what I was trying to figure out.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 September 03, 21:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And in my hood, Zazazu IS a romance sim who subsists on hot dogs because she has neither stove nor cooking skills.
*glares at Jolrei*
Those had better be veggie dogs.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Architect Manic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 September 03, 23:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I've tested, it seems to.

As far as I am aware, J. M. has not confirmed that yet. The last I heard from him earlier in this thread, he informed us that it did not yet work against them.

*glares at Jolrei*
Those had better be veggie dogs.

I don't think that you need to worry too much. Most hot dogs contain all sorts of crap but you can safely bet that pork isn't one of them.:-p
I'm not a vegetarian myself but, admittedly, I prefer the veggie dogs; I consider them to be the safe option. :-p
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 September 04, 01:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM confirmed in another thread that his DC notownieregen had prevented the swarms of characters the rest of us are experiencing. notownieregen is now also in the AL folder, I believe.

Update and test.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 September 04, 01:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why can't you just make a hack that allows millions of character files before it becomes a BFBVFS?

May all your fears & worries come true.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 September 04, 02:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why can't you just make a hack that allows millions of character files before it becomes a BFBVFS?

That wouldn't be a hack -- that would involve modifying/reprogramming core game files, in particular the .exe.  Not something anyone other than EAxis is likely to do (other than removing the suckrom checks, anyway).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 September 04, 08:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that in a lot of cases, people aren't concerned about too many townies, but they DO NOT WANT them.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 September 04, 08:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would've been easier if they just gave us a towniemaker. I mean townies are cool for when you just start playing the game but other than that they're just annoying. With all the famillies I make I have plenty of random sims walking around the neighbourhood. Aslo I don't get whay townies should spawn. As in when you marry them off and such. NPC's I get cause you'll need someone else to take their job but the townies are just useless and cluttters up the hoods.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 September 04, 08:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would've been easier if they just gave us a towniemaker. I mean townies are cool for when you just start playing the game but other than that they're just annoying. With all the famillies I make I have plenty of random sims walking around the neighbourhood. Aslo I don't get whay townies should spawn. As in when you marry them off and such. NPC's I get cause you'll need someone else to take their job but the townies are just useless and cluttters up the hoods.

We do have a townie maker.  Townie tree in earlier EPs, townie gun in later EPs.

Townies are useful fodder for romance sims and as employees & customers for businesses, which is why townie respawn can be useful and why some players (including myself) create more townies when existing townies are married in or killed off.  Although now I have AL, I'll probably stop creating replacement townies and let the townie pool run down.  The new social group townies will provide sufficient townies for the needs of my romance sims and business owning sims.

NPC respawning is not as useful as townie respawning - if you have three maids and you marry one in or kill one off, you don't need a third maid to respawn to cover the one that married in/died as you still have two maids.  If you don't have noredudancy that third maid would respawn.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 September 04, 15:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just put some of your other townies into one or more of the social group families.  I think 0.71.13 is probably ok for doing that.
I'm about to try this because I'm getting sick of defuglying these social townies.  Is it just a matter of adding sims (regular townies) in the right social family?  I came across Trif's family instance #s for the different social groups.  And then these refamilized townies will have the proper greetings and tell-stories and such? 

Mooooo
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 September 04, 15:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townies are useful fodder for romance sims and as employees & customers for businesses, which is why townie respawn can be useful and why some players (including myself) create more townies when existing townies are married in or killed off. 
In two of my last 'hoods, I aged townies on a schedule. So after a few generations, they would die (and really, I pretty much ignore elder townies). I also start 'hoods with one sim. So if I didn't create more, my sims would become genetically stagnant. Actually, they'd die off.

Now I'm not aging the townies. I'm absorbing them. Additional townies are offensive.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Architect Manic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 September 05, 18:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that in a lot of cases, people aren't concerned about too many townies, but they DO NOT WANT them.

Precisely. For me, the thrill of building small communities comes from my sims being able to see and socialize with their neighbors while out and about in community lots. Instead, my playable sims hardly ever appear anymore because of the swarms of new townies. That, and when I return to my other sims, I find that they've accrued about ten million new 'I met' memories because of the new townies who insist upon greeting anything that will stand still long enough. -_-
Psysix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 September 05, 20:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your liking of the spawning really depends on how you want to play.  I let mine spawn for a while but put a plug on it once I hit almost 1300 because that is about the size I wanted for now.  I run mine to be more like a booming city, with the playable sims being the suburban folk (though I'm looking to expand apartments into a second downtown lot just for them to give a sims livin in the city sensation).  The townies serve for me as the mob of civilians you see in commercial areas that you most likely will never get to know, either because they're from somewhere completely different or just don't live in your neighborhood or work with you.  I may have to check out that townie gun though if I start to run down, because if I remember, removing notownieregen does bad things.

Anyways, some like to keep it specifically their playable sims, especially if they have a decent sized 'burb going.  Townies to them get in the way of keeping it just familiar faces.

Although it might be fun to let townies spawn endlessly at a constant rate to create a social experiment of rapid overpopulation in Sims 2.  Pleasantville populated by 10459 townies and counting!
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 September 05, 23:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pleasantville populated by 10459 townies and counting!

My pc just had a melt-down at the mere thought. Thanks.

Seriously, over ten thousand townies?! My rig starts to splutter as soon as I get anywhere near 200 sims.
My first reaction was: How on earth are you going to marry all of them into your families. That's what townies are to me, folk you breed into your families until the gene pool is large enough to sustain itself.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 September 06, 07:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That, and when I return to my other sims, I find that they've accrued about ten million new 'I met' memories because of the new townies who insist upon greeting anything that will stand still long enough. -_-

I just started playing Apartment Life yesterday (after spending a while moving CC in and out to find some hack that was causing a problem) and I noticed the obsession with greeting. If you cancel it out of the queue, they are trying to greet again moments later. Annoying.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 September 06, 07:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That wouldn't be a hack -- that would involve modifying/reprogramming core game files, in particular the .exe.  Not something anyone other than EAxis is likely to do (other than removing the suckrom checks, anyway).
It would be way MORE than just reprogramming or modifying core game files. In order to support more sims, you'd have to change the entire system of 16-bit values and rewrite EVERYTHING.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: