More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:43:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes  (Read 335153 times)
JediKnight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
« Reply #100 on: 2008 September 09, 02:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not a bug.  This was done intentionally by EA.  The furnishings are shown as a "suggestion" as to how to arrange the apartment.  Also, the NPC townies use the "sample" layout when they move in, I think.  This way, the playable households can use whatever they can afford, and arrange things any way they choose.

May the Force be with you.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2008 September 09, 03:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello, first excuse my bad english, but I had something important to report :
Appartements should be rent with all pianos, sofas, etc etc; it's a bug when he come without only a kitchen and a bathroom .
A friend give me the code "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" and use it just when your sim is in front of his new appartement door .Clik on the door and choose " louez meublé " (and dont know what is for english version, sorry ! ) , then use boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false .

But perhaps there is a possibility for you to fix it ?  it would be fine ,and more easy that all this manipulations .I don't try it again , i will test it after .

This hack will fix your problem.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
JediKnight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 September 09, 03:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently encountered a new bug with the restorable car from FT.  Now, it seems that teens can't work on it without the jump bug popping them out of it.  Am I the only one who noticed this?

Owaiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 September 09, 10:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey thanks!
my game is fixed,the crashes were for this specific sim only because he was wearing a bodybuilder outfit,i changed his outfit and it didnt crash again! and idisabled shaders and changed settings to low,when i restarted game settings were back to high and game had a good speed! yayy
thanks again
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 September 09, 11:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently encountered a new bug with the restorable car from FT.  Now, it seems that teens can't work on it without the jump bug popping them out of it.  Am I the only one who noticed this?

Same here.  The error occurs on the "Work on Body" option; the "Work on Engine" works fine.  Both teen boys and girls get this error.  Adults do not.  Log is attached.

Karen
« Last Edit: 2008 September 09, 22:57:45 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
brilliantcat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008 September 09, 22:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tested the most recent version of alfixes posted and the mailbox error is partially fixed.  My sim can retrieve bills as before and can now retrieve the love letter but errors when she tries to put it in her inventory.  I did the same test as before, started my game completely devoid of cc except alfixes and sent her on a date to generate the love letter.  The new error log is attached.  Thank you for your hard work fixing everything EAxis craps up.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 09, 22:32:50 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 September 09, 22:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The error occurs on the "Work on Body" option; the "Work on Engine" works fine.  Both teen boys and girls get this error.  Adults do not.  Log is attached.
Should be fixed now.

I've tested the most recent version of alfixes posted and the mailbox error is partially fixed.  My sim can retrieve bills as before and can now retrieve the love letter but errors when she tries to put it in her inventory.  I did the same test as before, started my game completely devoid of cc except alfixes and sent her on a date to generate the love letter.  The new error log is attached.  Thank you for your hard work fixing everything EAxis craps up.
Should be fixed now. It's hard to get a good test case for the love letters since I never, ever, have seen them in my game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Llial
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008 September 10, 00:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

today my Sims in an rental apartment had a money tree. The landlord came to the usuall time to check on his property and walked right in the apartment to water the tree and harvest the money.  My Sims was sleeping and he stand by the bed to talk about hobbies. Cry

Then it is no way to get rid of the guy, because there is not an good by option. Angry

It seems the walkin the apartment get triggered by the gardening duties of him.

Attached is the log, because I jused "force error" to delete him.

[attachment deleted by admin]
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 September 10, 00:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried using APO* on the landlord? I'm sure you can deny him.

*Authorized Personnel Only, a mod on this website. You seem new, thought you'd like to know.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 September 10, 05:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vaguely related question...
Has anyone else had problems with their sims not aging? It started when I installed apartment life, and have not installed any hacks for quite some time.
I googled "Apartment Life Patch" and this was basicaly the best thing that came up (surprise surprise!)
Also, thank you for being on the ball with cleaning up after Maxis! Much appreciated.

Mine age just fine. A few adults even stopped mid sales in a business to age.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 September 10, 11:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vaguely related question...
Has anyone else had problems with their sims not aging? It started when I installed apartment life, and have not installed any hacks for quite some time.
I googled "Apartment Life Patch" and this was basicaly the best thing that came up (surprise surprise!)
Also, thank you for being on the ball with cleaning up after Maxis! Much appreciated.

Did you update your hacks for AL?
Llial
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 September 10, 12:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried using APO* on the landlord? I'm sure you can deny him.

*Authorized Personnel Only, a mod on this website. You seem new, thought you'd like to know.

Thank you. I will go and search for this mod and tell if it worked. Smiley

I'm not so new to this site, but I'm not a big poster......more a lurker. Embarrassed
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 September 11, 00:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JediKnight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 September 11, 00:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the Teen WooHoo hack from the now-defunct(?) InTeen site and found it caused major conflicts with newer EP's.  I can only imagine the kind of havoc an out-dated InTeenimater must cause.  Make sure you (read as: anyone) removes ALL outdated hacks before reporting bugs here.  We don't need Pescado tracking down phantom bugs caused by a mod conflict.  I, for one, truly appreciate that someone is actually trying to make this, the coolest and buggiest EP ever, playable.  Even the Sims2 Official Site didn't have a "Report your bugs" thread the last time I was there.  So, thanks, Pescado, for all your hard work!

Anyone caught reporting a mod conflict as an EP bug will be exiled to "Retardo Land," as per the order from the Jedi Council.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 11, 00:52:33 by JediKnight » Logged

rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 September 11, 03:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado just loves to point out "tight pants".   Embarrassed
Tardier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 September 11, 05:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, for one, truly appreciate that someone is actually trying to make this, the coolest and buggiest EP ever, playable.  Even the Sims2 Official Site didn't have a "Report your bugs" thread the last time I was there.  So, thanks, Pescado, for all your hard work!
Echo.

Anyone caught reporting a mod conflict as an EP bug will be exiled to "Retardo Land," as per the order from the Jedi Council.
You have that much power?

When I posted my problem with the restorable car, noone cared.  Within 24 hours of your notice, the fix is up.  So, thanks, JediKnight, for posting in the right place.
brilliantcat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 September 11, 06:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now. It's hard to get a good test case for the love letters since I never, ever, have seen them in my game.

That's why I'm trying to do the same test scenario every time.  Good scientific method and all that rubbish.  Shall try the new version and report back *fights urge to add a smiley*
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 September 11, 10:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I posted my problem with the restorable car, noone cared.  Within 24 hours of your notice, the fix is up.  So, thanks, JediKnight, for posting in the right place.

Actually, I think it's not so much about posting it in the right place, as providing enough information to determine what the problem is.  The more specific information you can provide, the faster these types of bugs will get fixed.  That's why I included an error log with the description of the restorable car bug.  If you don't know how to generate an error log, try doing a search.
Tardier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 September 11, 13:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I think it's not so much about posting it in the right place, as providing enough information to determine what the problem is. 
It's both.  The Asinine Airhead needed a Malodorous Moron to affirm the problem is a bug, not a glitch, and upload the error log for him.  He found a place to post where someone more experienced would say, "me, too."  I'll hit you up with a baa for posting the log. 

The Podium/FAQ/Technical Help baa
JediKnight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 September 12, 00:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have that much power?
I have a lightsaber.  And, I must obey the will of the Jedi Council.  Besides, it would be doing Pescado a favor.  I'm glad someone confirmed my bug.  Even I have much to learn, and next time I find a bug, I'll be sure to post an error log.  In the mean time, my Sims are much happier, as they can now finish the car resto project before heading off to college!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 September 12, 00:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's both.  The Asinine Airhead needed a Malodorous Moron to affirm the problem is a bug, not a glitch, and upload the error log for him.  He found a place to post where someone more experienced would say, "me, too."  I'll hit you up with a baa for posting the log.
I always review logs regardless of how "experienced" the user is, but as a general policy, I work on an "error log or it didn't happen" basis. An error reported without an error log merely gets filed in the list of things to watch for if it happens in my game, an error log is enough to prompt a targeted investigation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
brilliantcat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 September 12, 17:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Date test #948: Same as before, initiated a new date with boyfriend to generate a love letter.  Was able to retrieve bills and love letter both with no errors at all.  Was able to pay bills as well.  Not an error in sight.  HUZZAH! 

*happy sheep noises*
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 September 13, 12:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me give you a hint to the thing that should be fixed as well.
In Belladonna Cove there is a house where one man with a daughter lives and he has a crush with the neighbour under him - Viviane.
If you play the man's family her appartment is visible. I can admit that. Because they have an affection may be.
But I moved her family in so they live all together now in man's apartment.
Her apartment become empty and invisible.
But then NPC man rented this vacant place and the apartment is visible again! All the time! You can see this NPC man doing activities but you cannot see that! It makes the game slower when another apartment is visible too.

bug? Smiley
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 September 13, 14:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bork; discussed in the AL bork thread in 'Oops! You Broke It!' -- fix there, so I won't repeat it. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 September 14, 11:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this morning a VTB happen and it drive me crazy  Angry

is it, the phone, can be called FUBARed ?

and, could you explane how they see through the wall ?

*translation - italian to english
------------------------------------------
on the menu you should read "Quite Mode"
« Last Edit: 2008 September 14, 11:22:41 by MaximilianPS » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: