More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:32:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic  (Read 172311 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
« Reply #75 on: 2008 August 28, 16:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ceilings ARE optional people.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 August 28, 16:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the ceilings.

What I DON'T like is what they do when you're trying to place them.

Case in point:

I was building a warehouse apartment and trying to put a ceiling on the second floor.  The first floor is open to the second floor (except the bedroom loft).  While I have the ceiling tool selected, NOT clicking, it just adds floor tiles to the second floor, assuming I'm putting a ceiling on the first floor.  I have to keep deleting the damn things.  GRRR.

I also don't like the cheat confusion when it comes to enabling build/buy mode.  Why did they have to make it so hard?

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2008 August 28, 16:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the ceilings just repeats of the textures of the floor above?  Because it's very rare cases where I wouldn't want white ceilings everywhere.  I'm asking because it appears to be that way in most of the pictures I've seen.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2008 August 28, 16:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think from past reading the ceilings are only meant to form under floor tiles.  I think it might be a bug if you are getting ceilings half way up double height rooms where there is no floor.  Once deleted do they stay deleted?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 August 28, 16:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once deleted do they stay deleted?

Yes, they do.

At the time, I had the DC installed, minus a few hacks...but I can't imagine something awesome causing this.

I think from past reading the ceilings are only meant to form under floor tiles.

Right, so it's creating floor tiles if I accidentally have the tool (not clicking, mind you) on the first floor ceiling grid.  I'm pretty sure you understand what I was saying, but my explanation was confusing, so maybe it's clarified for others.

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 August 28, 17:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the ceilings just repeats of the textures of the floor above?  Because it's very rare cases where I wouldn't want white ceilings everywhere.  I'm asking because it appears to be that way in most of the pictures I've seen.
You can place them exactly like floor tiles, just above instead of below. You do need to have floor tiles above though (the game automatically places them if you don't)
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 August 28, 17:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So has anyone figured out what criteria lots actually have to fulfill to be able to work as apartment lots? I hate that the game just says "revert to residential mode to correct" blabla, but it doesn't say what to correct. I had a row house (three adjacent apartments) being turned into an apartment lot just fine with the right doors, but when I added a third story to it it won't let me convert this time. grah.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 August 28, 17:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the apartment doors?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 August 28, 17:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, those with the doormat.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 August 28, 18:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So has anyone figured out what criteria lots actually have to fulfill to be able to work as apartment lots? I hate that the game just says "revert to residential mode to correct" blabla, but it doesn't say what to correct. I had a row house (three adjacent apartments) being turned into an apartment lot just fine with the right doors, but when I added a third story to it it won't let me convert this time. grah.

Did you remove the roof before adding a third story?  Did you add a roof after making the third story?

I have NO IDEA if this would cause problems, just throwing it out there as a possibility.  Undecided

Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 August 28, 18:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I removed the 2nd floor roof and added a new (auto) roof to the 3rd. Would it technically be enough to make sure there are no other doors than apartment doors from apartments to the outside?

edit: nevermind, it's working now, after I fiddled with the doors quite a bit (finally deleting and replacing them all seemed to help for some reason).
« Last Edit: 2008 August 28, 19:39:33 by Ellie » Logged
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 August 28, 18:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. In my game, it seems that all sim's portraits are being regenerated every time their lot is loaded, not just witches. Apparently there's an added feature that automatically regenerates the portrait every time a sim changes their Everyday outfit, so my guess is that they borked it up and is now regenerating it seemingly at random?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2008 August 28, 18:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't mean portraits as in paintings made on the easel do you?  I would hope they stayed wearing what they had on when they were painted!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 August 28, 18:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I imagine that pregnancies and agings will have the tenants pooling outside of your, unable to break in.  Am I right?
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 August 28, 18:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody else finding that you can't use the walk in closets they put in every single bedroom on apartment lots? Only options you get are to change into work clothes or to woohoo if there's an appropriate partner available. I had my Sim buy a bunch of new clothes and when I got her back home she had to buy a dresser to be able to change into any of her new outfits. Not like there's a lot of extra room in those bedrooms for dressers, and besides what's the point of having walk in closets if you can't use them?

Hope I'm just overlooking something simple. It seems somebody would have mentioned it by now.

I had that problem, but only because I had the "pregnancy wear anything" hack still in.
Oh gaaaahhh!!! Am I stoopid or what? I still had my hacks folder in my downloads.

I took out everything except the CEP and the walk in closets are working normally now. Though I don't particularly like them and I hate that you can't take them out if you'd rather your Sims have a regular dresser.

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 August 28, 19:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't mean portraits as in paintings made on the easel do you?  I would hope they stayed wearing what they had on when they were painted!
Oh no, no! They're fine (though if we keep mentioning it they'll make a note to break it in the patch) I mean the Sim's individual "thumbnail" image, that you see in the relationship's panel, when interacting, ect. It seems to be regenerating at random. I just noticed Jessica Peterson's portrait changed while I was playing in Live Mode, purely at random for absolutely no reason at all.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 August 28, 19:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that happening with the DC I downloaded yesterday. I removed it, and it stopped. It's been updated since, so I imagine downloading it again could help.
Aphrodite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 August 28, 23:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Likes;

The new options on the 'phone- gee, I wonder where they got that idea from?
Some of the clothing conversions for elders, but not the 'teen' ones, that's just creepy.
The evil witches, they cackle, and they're, um, green. Ooh and they set fire to stuff.
Couple of nice options from networking, one being discount on all furniture purchases, win!
Going into neighbours apartments and finding them furnished, yup, it's happened and it's pre made.
High fives and manly type rough handshake thing.
Palace and Fortress.
Mysteriously Mysterious Mystery Novel, heh.

Dislikes;

Stoopid routing, main gathering places and sims obsessed once again with kicky bag/pillow fights.
12 gazillion colours of hairband on fugly hair, and what's with that attempt at an awful '80's 'do? ugh, do not want.
20 sims at a com lot trying to greet my sim, breaking all actions he has lined up, to do so.
Bit of a jump action if two sims are at the top of the spiral staircase. Sims can't run down a spiral like a normal staircase.
The fact that none of the premade apartments have mirrored closets, and you can't change them without an enormous (ok, a small) effort.
Once again the new windows can't have any other curtain put on them (without a cheat) other than that awful Seasons thing that sticks out a mile.
Roomates, they are stupid, they suck, they don't go to work even if they have a job and they don't sleep in the bed provided for them, they just 'run errands' and then 'gather', or stargaze- what'd happen if a Roomie got abducted? huh? did ya think of that EAXIS?! 

Other than that- yup, not bad so far.

Aph.

titanicbrittanic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2008 August 29, 01:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am disappointed that I wasted days of my sims life teacher her evil spells only to have them disappear when she learnt neutral or good spells.. i didn't think the other spells and craftable items would disappear from her spell book but unfortunately they do.

Oh well, now I know I don't have to waste so much time again.

Maybe someone can make a mod to enable ALL spells learned no matter what stage a witch is at. Otherwise, I agree, it is kind of useless. Do the evil spells come back if you revert ur witch to that stage? (Like, if at one time u were an evil witch and learned all the spells and lost them due to becoming good, if you were to turn evil again do they reappear?)
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2008 August 29, 02:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My evil witches don't change color and my good witches don't get sparkle skin.  It's more than likely because of my default replacement skins, but if it's just an overlay, why should it matter?  Vampires don't have these issues. Grrr. Argh.
I'm using default replacement skins and get the overlay for evil. I haven't yet gotten to see a good witch. I am, however, using a custom default replacement overlay for the evil skin from Insim.
I have a replacement skin for evil witches and it works for me too. They don't get the evil skin until they've studied for a few hours though.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 August 29, 04:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Spiral stairs (very well executed)
*Nice standalone decorations for shelves (though not enough)
*The move stuff up and down walls option
*Butler: does more or less any chores autonomously

Dislikes:
*Butler calls firemen everytime my evil witch starts a fire
*Butler doesn't clean the pets stuff (the plates they eat from)
*Ceilings: I can't see them in live mode unless I'm zoomed in at the "right angle"
*Apparently there's a bug where the evil witch doesn't make the "lamp thingy"
*Appartment neighbours stole my news paper: The idiot put it in the community zone instead of his own appartment
*You have to continuesly make ingredients to be able to use spells
*You need ingredients to summon the cats
*You lose points in either Good/Evil when you use neutral spells: it should be you keep on gaining on evil/good points if you use them. Neutral spells doesn't add nor take fromm evil/ good points when used. You only lose evil/good when you use the opposite of your allignment!

If anyone could advice me on the fastest way to get a super Good/Evil witch? I've been casting spells on random townies that pass in front of my lot without any luck

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 August 29, 04:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interestingly, familiars have all the normal needs except for bladder. I believe they stay out until actively recalled. They have a relationship panel and can learn skills. I'm unsure if they can get jobs or breed (I doubt, they look to be male/female) but will be trying that. The evil familiar I got was full-on aggressive. My good witch should be getting the spell soon, so we'll see if it is full-on friendly as I suspect. EDIT: Nope. Not full-on nice for good witch's familiar. Both display as female, so the breeding is up in the air, but I suspect not. No getting pet jobs for them.

Virgali, I've just been having them study evil or good from the books. Not sure how fast it is comparitively. It took my evil warlock about three days of continuous study to reach full magic level. He was the worst description from day 2.

If you have more than one playground object on a lot, you can use the interaction Play on Playground. Kids will play on all playground objects. I finally got my back yards to work with the build cheats and have a nice setup for the one kid.

The sparklies/witch effects/familiar effects are getting old fast. Like Zone effects, but constant. Must die.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 29, 14:35:26 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 August 29, 05:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I'm really not enjoying is the bookcase/doors.

I looked for that. I hope you're not going to tell me it's in the bookcases section, rather than doors.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 August 29, 08:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played too long, so there's not too much for me to like/dislike yet:

I like
- the ceilings idea in general
- the evil witches
- neighbors being available for fast social/fun bar filling, so no need to call someone or leave the lot

I don't like
- the ceilings cutting off wallpaper crowns, so I can have either ceilings or decent looking walls
- the schoolbus coming every day even if you're playing a family without children

I hate
- the permanent portrait changes
- the hobby spam for families I don't play. I don't fucking care if my neighbor becomes member of a SM club or not.
- the obtrusive "network" freaks

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 August 29, 09:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a way to "turn off" the witch look and keep it off, right? I want to teach my "psychic" Sims witchcraft and pretend it is PSI, but it kind of ruins my imagination if they all look like witches, or if I have to constantly keep the costume from showing up.

I have just finished downloading AL, but I am waiting until there are new and updated hacks before installing it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: