More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:35:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic  (Read 171578 times)
louisd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
« Reply #50 on: 2008 August 28, 05:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just spent hours and hours building an apartment. Only to have it disappear because I used the "changeLotZoning apartmentsublot" cheat. I. Want. To. Kill. Something.
moparopie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 August 28, 05:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience so far...

"Wrong disc inserted.

Please insert the original "The Sims™ 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack" CD/DVD"

I hate failing at life so badly.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 August 28, 05:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Major disappointment: fencing doesn't count as an apartment divider. I tried to convert one of my SC4 lots into an apartment complex with mucho success, except that the doors into the partitioned yard prevented it from being changed to an apartment. I thought I had a work-around by changing without the doors, adding doors, then saving and exiting to the 'hood, but then it showed as having 0 apartments at $0.

Inaccessible walls get noise. I have a wall in a stairwell blocked by the stairs and that's where the noise controller chose to spawn.

A couple good things: I did get a male changed to an evil warlock. Quite interesting, and I find it fitting that the evil witches love to start lightning storms and spawn cockroaches. I couldn't find the good witch (she definitely exists, just wasn't spawning on lots) but you can turn a sim into an evil one and then study good magic long enough to become good.

Toddler-to-toddler hug is the cutest thing ever. EVER!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 August 28, 06:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

except that the doors into the partitioned yard prevented it from being changed to an apartment.

Can you use apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions [on/off] AFTER you zone it without doors and move someone in?  Undecided

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

ISFP - now more Introverted than Pescado!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 August 28, 06:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I have to ask...

...did they break the 'primp' action? Tongue

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 August 28, 07:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's still there. Enjoy the new bugs.

"Shadow people" in non playable apartments. Furniture, etc, disappears but you can still the occupants standing idle inside the dark apartment.
pic removed
The shadow man exists for me too on that particular lot in that particular apartment unit.  Didn't notice this on any other apartment lot.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 August 28, 08:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just spent hours and hours building an apartment. Only to have it disappear because I used the "changeLotZoning apartmentsublot" cheat. I. Want. To. Kill. Something.
Yes, the functionality of that cheat appears to have been removed. No one is yet sure of what it did, but as it is no longer listed anywhere it apparently no longer works as was intended.

I'd like to know why the buy/build mode restrictions cheat isn't working... I bet it's something completely different.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 August 28, 09:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the point of the new things sims can study from the bookcase?  They've been rolling up wants...I have them study it until it is fulfilled but there seems to be no point.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 August 28, 12:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Shadow people" in non playable apartments. Furniture, etc, disappears but you can still the occupants standing idle inside the dark apartment.
pic removed
The shadow man exists for me too on that particular lot in that particular apartment unit.  Didn't notice this on any other apartment lot.

Me, too. I've also played a few other apartment lots and haven't seen it otherwise.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Roxxy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 August 28, 12:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am disappointed that I wasted days of my sims life teacher her evil spells only to have them disappear when she learnt neutral or good spells.. i didn't think the other spells and craftable items would disappear from her spell book but unfortunately they do.

Oh well, now I know I don't have to waste so much time again.

A high post count, proves nothing... your behaviour and actions speak much louder.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 August 28, 12:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's still there. Enjoy the new bugs.

pic removed

I've also got a shadow man (with his bathtub) on the trashy-trailer lot.  At night, some of their indoor lights will come on.  The shadow man doesn't seem to re-appear when you go to visit him tho, you just end up with TWO shadow people.  lol

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 August 28, 12:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fired it up for a little while last night.  I only ended up playing for about 15 minutes though after the whole install and initial load times.

My first impression thought of the new neighborhood was "Gah!  My eyes!"  It was so cluttered I didn't know what to look at first or what I wanted to do.  I ended up playing two families for short times.  The biggest thing I noticed was a plumbob "shark" swimming menacingly in the floor of an upstairs apartment as the woman in the apt below walked around (she was the selected sim).  There were also green smiling friend faces that floated up through the floor like pungent odors

And is it supposed to happen that the other playable families in the building are able to be observed going about their daily life when they are not selected?

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
hippi
Corpulent Cretin

ISFP

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 August 28, 12:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dislikes: Miffed that they chose to hide the witchy furniture objects from the buy catalogue.  I wanted a witchy throne and the cool firey torch thingy from the evil witch's castle Sad and no cheat to alter apartments after the tenants move in, that's just dumb.  Ducting, cornices and other build deco is in buy mode, it should really have been in build.

Likes:  Most of the clothing, most of the buy mode stuffeths, though there is some really weird stuff in there.  Witchy FX are cool and purdy.
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 August 28, 12:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The witch furniture stuff is craftable using the cauldron. They get unlocked at various magic skill levels, like other craftables do with badges. Some are also alignment-dependent.
hippi
Corpulent Cretin

ISFP

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 August 28, 12:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I don't have the guide and haven't been following the hype so I'm kind of groping in the dark.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 August 28, 12:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and no cheat to alter apartments after the tenants move in, that's just dumb.
Behold, the power Cheese.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 August 28, 13:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And is it supposed to happen that the other playable families in the building are able to be observed going about their daily life when they are not selected?
It happens to me only with Cho/Riley households. I guess they are borked, like the shadow man in the trailer park.
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2008 August 28, 13:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else getting an odd jump bug when directing a playable resident to speak to another apartment resident? The active sim seems to turn 45 degrees each time I click on another sim to interract. Will get error logs if necessary.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 August 28, 13:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens to me only with Cho/Riley households. I guess they are borked, like the shadow man in the trailer park.

those are the ones I was playing, yup.

and so irritating that the plumbob sticks through the floor.  So annoying.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 August 28, 13:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

those are the ones I was playing, yup.

and so irritating that the plumbob sticks
 through the floor.  So annoying.
The problem with households was solved by moving out/moving in of Cho family.

About the plumbob. It seems your sim was standing on the stage, cause generelly the plumbob is low enough not to be seen.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2008 August 28, 14:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would the Locktiles cheat help with not being able to place anything in communal areas of apartment blocks?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 August 28, 14:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The clothes, objects and community lot points-of-interest are almost uniformly cool.  There are some lazy textures (the swanky living room set) and an overabundance of thigh-high boots, but for the most part it's all nice.

The social groups add a little personality to the background of the community lots.  I did think it was strange to see a socialite shopping in the bad paet of town.

The witch effects are nifty, but they do cause some lag.  I wanted to get a picture of Julien Cooke huggling the Most Evil Witch's familiar, and it took me about a minute to pan through the sparklies for a close-up.

Dislikes:

My evil witches don't change color and my good witches don't get sparkle skin.  It's more than likely because of my default replacement skins, but if it's just an overlay, why should it matter?  Vampires don't have these issues. Grrr. Argh.

The apartments that come with the game are almost uniformly fug and annoyingly laid out.  I hate having the wardrobes stand between the main living space and the bedrooms.

I don't like the ceilings.  They're too low and it makes the rooms feel claustrophobic, especially when used with stages.   

hippi
Corpulent Cretin

ISFP

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 August 28, 15:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and no cheat to alter apartments after the tenants move in, that's just dumb.
Behold, the power Cheese.

Awesome  Grin Got rid of those pesky trees blocking my view  Roll Eyes
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 August 28, 15:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My evil witches don't change color and my good witches don't get sparkle skin.  It's more than likely because of my default replacement skins, but if it's just an overlay, why should it matter?  Vampires don't have these issues. Grrr. Argh.
I'm using default replacement skins and get the overlay for evil. I haven't yet gotten to see a good witch. I am, however, using a custom default replacement overlay for the evil skin from Insim.
[/quote]

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2008 August 28, 15:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the ceilings are a realistic height though.  Maybe people who want higher ceilings can use building cheats to make the walls taller.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: