More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:47:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467792 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #725 on: 2008 September 30, 02:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install. Use no-cd crack. Get DC or at the least use alfixes and notownieregen. Cry because you paid EA for an inferior product with SecuROM.

Pescado fixes are generally cleaner than EAxis. For example: the charlatan. Unlinking the characters fixes the apocalyptic spawn. Suuuure.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: 2008 September 30, 03:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install. Use no-cd crack.

Specifically, use the Dizzy-patched version available here--> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13150.msg377007.html#msg377007

Reason: prevents the game from continually reloading Sim portraits and killing the frame rate.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 2008 September 30, 16:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install. Use no-cd crack.

Specifically, use the Dizzy-patched version available here--> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13150.msg377007.html#msg377007

Reason: prevents the game from continually reloading Sim portraits and killing the frame rate.

Stupid question: I got the Reloaded version or something from PB. Is it possible to uninstall that version of AL and install this one ^ without my previous expansions/system barfing? BOY do I hate that portrait change.

ETA: Thanks, exciting!
« Last Edit: 2008 September 30, 16:22:19 by Assmitten » Logged

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2008 September 30, 16:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is just the patch and a new no-cd.exe file.  You should be able to install all of this without uninstalling your game or messing up anything.

Tribulatio proxima est
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2008 September 30, 18:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be clear: is the lamp unmovable when accessing the inventory as well as Build/Buy? Does movebojects change whether or not you can move the lamp to inventory?

I could not move it with the build or buy options, also I could not move it and put it into inventory.  I did try moveobjects on cheat, but I still could not touch it with the hand. 

This cheat should help you:

boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false

It lets you place and remove stuff outside your sim's apartment suite. But anything you place 'outside' won't be visible or even there if you play another household in the same building. It should allow you to retrieve lamps and date gifts, though.

geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2008 October 01, 15:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the new problems:

1.  This has happened several times.  An NPC who comes home from work with my Sim, will (as they often do) spend the night in the hot tub or at the chess board or whatever.  A dialog box comes up the next morning where the NPC angrily says, "You invited me to spend the night, and didn't even let me get any sleep!  I'm leaving!"  This in spite of the fact that (a) I thought being invited to spend the night, and then the other party not letting you get any sleep, was considered by many people to be a good thing? (b) My Sim did not, in fact, ask the NPC to spend the night; and (c) There is always a perfectly serviceable sofa, or even the other half of a double bed, in any of my Sims' houses, where the NPC could have slept if he/she really wanted to.

This error is driving me absolutely nuts! Anyone know if there's a fix for it anywhere?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2008 October 01, 15:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the new problems:

1.  This has happened several times.  An NPC who comes home from work with my Sim, will (as they often do) spend the night in the hot tub or at the chess board or whatever.  A dialog box comes up the next morning where the NPC angrily says, "You invited me to spend the night, and didn't even let me get any sleep!  I'm leaving!"  This in spite of the fact that (a) I thought being invited to spend the night, and then the other party not letting you get any sleep, was considered by many people to be a good thing? (b) My Sim did not, in fact, ask the NPC to spend the night; and (c) There is always a perfectly serviceable sofa, or even the other half of a double bed, in any of my Sims' houses, where the NPC could have slept if he/she really wanted to.

This error is driving me absolutely nuts! Anyone know if there's a fix for it anywhere?

You're taking this all very seriously, you know.  I take it as an axiom that townies and especially NPCs will act like total morons at all times.  Consider it lulzy.  Remember, in real life, many of the people you see on the streets are also complete idiots (who would likely interpret you throwing stones at them to be an invitation to stay over at your place - I actually know someone like this, although I have not thrown stones at him yet.  Considering it.)

Tribulatio proxima est
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 2008 October 01, 16:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahah, you're right, I really shouldn't take it too seriously. It's just a nuisance to have it pop up pretty much every night/morning. (Also, I'm not sure if it leads to any relationship decay? I keep forgetting to look.)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2008 October 01, 16:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really see the point of ever inviting anyone to stay over: Try "Make Bugger Off" on the Business Runs You Hammer and Sickle instead. There's no real POINT in inviting anyone to stay over because if you were planning to woohoo, they would stay over ANYWAY (and not whine), and if you didn't, then what's the point of inviting someone over just so they can SLEEP? Total waste of time and effort.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2008 October 01, 16:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't see the point, either. I'll definitely try the Business Runs You hack - I never paid attention before because I never really play businesses, but it sounds like that bugger off feature might be pretty useful. Thanks!
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 2008 October 06, 09:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the necromancy, however, I actually have a video of part of the borkiness from my list here (thought I did not):
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12828.msg376448.html#msg376448

This is what made me UGH, the most!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3_qe1fJC4I
"EAxis, when your pets are stuck in a house fire, we will make sure they go through the floor"
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:21:10 by fway » Logged

jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2008 October 13, 14:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way to prevent this that I have found, is to be sure to choose Say Goodbye To/...Everyone before putting the last Sim to bed.  Which is awfully hard to remember to do when it was never necessary before.  The problem seems to be worse in apartments, when merely talking to an apartment neighbor seems to equate with asking-to-spend-the-night-without-actually-asking.

But yes, I am taking it too seriously.  Hopefully it doesn't cause any relationship decay at least.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 2008 October 13, 14:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the Neverending Apartment Fire again last night. The one that can only be ended by restarting the PC. Grr... The fireman was there for several sim hours, spraying and spraying. One kitty kept running to the fire to hiss at it and sink through the floor. There was no sprinkler as I was playing a version of Asylum.

More F than you
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: 2008 October 14, 10:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no real POINT in inviting anyone to stay over because if you were planning to woohoo, they would stay over ANYWAY (and not whine), and if you didn't, then what's the point of inviting someone over just so they can SLEEP? Total waste of time and effort.

Lol! I am surprised anyone agreed to marry you

Pescado: "Ok Mrs-Pescado-to-be, I am a bit too tired for sex tonight, you can go home"
Mrs Pescado-to-be: "But... but... it's 3am and we're in the middle of the Montana wilderness!"

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 2008 October 14, 15:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he's a big old softy with his wife.

Or maybe she's crankier than he is and the converstion went that way but in reverse. Cheesy
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 2008 October 14, 20:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow I think that Mrs. Pes rules the roost.  She does kill with her thumbs.  Also, Pescado claims that she is meaner than he is, and he doesn't want to be killed and eaten.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: 2008 October 14, 20:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's married a gorilla?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 2008 October 14, 22:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he married a special-forces trained scary lady.  She probably informed him that he WAS going to go out with her.  She sounds like a very interesting person, actually, but Pescado says she doesn't give lessons in thumb-killing.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2008 October 15, 13:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine her as an exotic Israeli ex-Mossad agent.  Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 2008 October 16, 16:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Avoiding the ever-fascinating topic of Pescado's home life, could someone else check to see if raking leaves is borked?  I used to be able to tell super neat Sims to rake leaves and they'd happily keep on raking them until the leaves were gone or one of their motives went into the red.  Now, I have to tell even my 10 Neatness point Virgos to rake each pile individulally and the gardner has stopped raking them all together.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 2008 October 16, 16:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not exactly an answer to your question, but if you put your trees on hills, leaves won't fall on the ground at all.  I've taken to doing this or just moveobject-ing them because they take so damned long to rake.

To try to answer your question, I saw a landlord complete raking, but there were only two trees on the lot.  Undecided

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 2008 October 16, 17:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macrotastics has a "macro-garden" function - your sims will happily rake all leaves (and do any other gardening that happens to be waiting around for someone to do it).

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #747 on: 2008 October 16, 19:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lerf, JFade has what you need to fix the issue.

tiffyt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 2008 October 16, 21:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope not to step on any toes by asking, especially if it's already been answered. I tried reading all the way through but failed miserably. There's just too much..
Anywhoo.
Has anyone else had a problem with the groups? And I do not mean social groups.
I invite people to join a group or try to meet a group of friends on a community lot to have dinner or something and they all freeze up. They literally just stand somewhere.
Here's a weird picture of it.

It's seriously strange. They look like they're on punishment. *snickers*
Any fix for this?

~TiffyT
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 2008 October 17, 03:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's seriously strange. They look like they're on punishment. *snickers*
Any fix for this?

Either that or it's one hell of an interesting wall.  Do you play with debug mode on?  Do you get an error message/log?  If not, try playing with debug on and see if an error pops up.

What hacks/mods are you using?  Does this happen if you take out your hacks/mods?

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: