More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:47:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467870 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #575 on: 2008 September 10, 02:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim that dies should just become an urn inside their current apartment.

The problem is that when an apartment is vacated it is reset to its pre-rented state.  Anything added by the household to the apartment will be deleted - including urns and gravestones.

EAxis way to solve the problem with gravestones was to move the grave when the last sim in the household dies, and if they were moving it to the cemetery nobody would mind - and at least they realised it was a problem and tried to solve it.  Unfortunately EAxis stuffed up on where the grave is moved.  I don't think there's a way for the game to know which lot is the cemetery (especially in a custom hood).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #576 on: 2008 September 10, 03:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder though, if it would remember the last lot you moved a grave to?

To test this, I grabbed a random two sim EAxian bin-clogger family, the Picaso couple from FT, moved them into an apartment, killed one (Heh. I smote him, and his portrait in his wife's fear panel (fear he'll become a zombie, etc.) is all sooty.) and sent the grave off, saved, visited the cemetery with the remaining sim (and the grave was there) and then went back home to kill that one as well.

And, sure enough, there her grave was, in Central Park.

Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2008 September 10, 06:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else having an issue with homework and desks? They place it on the desk next to the computer then when I try to get them to do it, they stomp and yell that the computer chair is in their way... but it really isn't.

Also after putting updated hacks back in finally, they won't get food from the fridge on their own anymore. I've yet to figure out which hack is stomping that. I don't have TJ's food already available hack either.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2008 September 10, 06:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes to the homework. I have also noticed several sims consistently putting their homework on the wrong side of an empty desk. When I queue macro-do homework they do the stompy-wave.

More F than you
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2008 September 10, 07:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV seems to be working normally for me.  I had none of the problems reported.  Only two things I noticed were minor--everything in other hotel rooms remained visible after other Sims checked in, and the "What's Cool Here?" query was gone from the tour guide.  However, now that I think of it, there's no native greeting being offered to playables.  I've seen natives using them on non-playables though.

But I'm tired of having to delete 42 "be greeted" actions from random townies in everyone's queue whenever I take them to a community lot.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: 2008 September 10, 07:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WRT the title of this thread, is everyone aware that the world is actually due to end in one hour, in Switzerland?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2008 September 10, 09:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WRT the title of this thread, is everyone aware that the world is actually due to end in one hour, in Switzerland?

Hello?  <taps the microphone>  Anyone here?

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2008 September 10, 13:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello?  <taps the microphone>  Anyone here?

I think it's all clear. Wink

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2008 September 10, 14:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes to the homework. I have also noticed several sims consistently putting their homework on the wrong side of an empty desk. When I queue macro-do homework they do the stompy-wave.
I had the same thing happening, along with a landlord who was stuck in an endless loop of picking up a pile of trash, putting it in a trash can, taking it out of the trash can, and putting it on the ground.  I can't remember what the exact problem was, but a binary search revealed it.  I think it was a couple pieces of AwesomeWare that applied to FT, that I had forgotten to remove after uninstalling FT.

On another note, am I understanding right that people are seeing children and teens in NPC apartment neighbor families?  Because I'm seeing only adults and elders.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2008 September 10, 15:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having intermittent errors ala something about Test-Seating Placement or somesuch last night. I believe it's because I still had the old Inge SharedIsBooth-type hacks still in, though it's odd that the house has always had that sectional sofa in it and I never had that error in the last 3 weeks of play. It was too late when it started last night to do binary. I'll report back tonight if I was wrong.

Tried with another hobby lot and I'm getting the same problem. Non-members can't be taken along to a hobby lot.

Is anyone else getting free money? I'm getting about $300 from nowhere, daily, and I'm not a fan. I suspect it was a reputation benefit as I vaguely remember some dialog coming up with the matriarch of the family pictured and asking what a fair wage would be for her. But I X'ed out of it, and she's not listed as having any sort of job. I never see the money being added, either (no +$300), but their family funds keep rising despite the fact that no one has a job.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 10, 15:26:29 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2008 September 10, 15:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On another note, am I understanding right that people are seeing children and teens in NPC apartment neighbor families?  Because I'm seeing only adults and elders.

No, no kids or teens in NPC apartments, only in playable apartments. In fact, I don't think I've seen an actual NPC couple in the other apartments -- they're always solo.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 2008 September 10, 15:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: IAmTheRad
So, EAxis broke BV with AL.

I'm experiencing BV weirdness, too, including not receiving my "perks" after having a good vacation.  This is the only "bug" that I have experienced that hasn't been mentioned, yet.  It's driving me batty.  I don't go on vacation for fun, dammit, I need those freaking perks!
Actually I noticed FT caused this as well. I've only been on one (extremely laggy and boring) vacation since installing FT, and they didn't get their perks.

Also, about the graves, the problem with moving it to a community lot is that the death type is reset, meaning they all supposedly "died" of starvation. I would have preffered it if they le us choose where to dump it, so I can send it off to an owned cemetary.

Apartment neighbors are always single social groupies; in my experience anyway.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 10, 18:51:25 by Alex » Logged
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2008 September 10, 18:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, I don't think I've seen an actual NPC couple in the other apartments -- they're always solo.
Actually, I think I've seen a couple consisting of an elder male and an adult female -- at least, they had the same last name, but I didn't look up close to see whether they were wearing wedding rings.  I'll double-check that though.

As for the free money, where can I sign up?  Grin  But seriously, the only thing I noticed is that one time a new CAS Sim family had a $30k handout instead of $20k....
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2008 September 10, 18:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the free money, where can I sign up?  Grin  But seriously, the only thing I noticed is that one time a new CAS Sim family had a $30k handout instead of $20k....

Also not a bork -- additional family members get an extra 5k each in AL when you create a family in CAS.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Knukleur
Blathering Buffoon

See Rock City

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 2008 September 10, 18:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issues with 'upstairs' in apartments are driving me insane.

At one apartment lot the upstairs is counted as outside of the apartment, I can't change furniture or wallpapers.
In another lot the neighbors upstairs is completely visible even though someone lives there, and the neighbors downstairs is hidden.

They both are downloaded apartment lots, maybe I need to load them in build mode once to get them to work properly?

Do any of these lots use the stage foundations as a stairway landing between floors?  I had issues similar to yours when I used these on the ground floor/entrance level of some townhouses with garages.  Replacing the landings with a straight run of stairs or a spiral stair fixed it.  AL must be treating the edge of a stage as a boundary when the zoning change is invoked, similar to the way it treats carpet strips and flowerbed edging in the "fence" category.

"I'm not animated to do that." - Brak
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 2008 September 10, 18:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also not a bork -- additional family members get an extra 5k each in AL when you create a family in CAS.

I hate that, but it's easily fixed by donating the money into the ether with Monique's computer. $300 every day is annoying because I don't want to donate every dang day. They aren't supposed to be poor (harvesting actually pays very well even when selling below average, especially once the basic house is built and everyone has at least a silver badge), but $300 for the last 15 days of whatever-her-name-is's* adulthood plus approximately 12 days of elderhood is over $8k. That's a lot of extra cash.

*I can't remember my founder's name half the time. I think it's Kristi. The eldest daughter's name ended up randomizing to Pepper...Pepper Pittman, which is so freaking cute that I think of all the other family members as Pepper Pittman's mom, dad, sister, etc.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 2008 September 10, 20:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a great glitch today. I sent a tenant to introduce himself to another tenant. Both are playable sims. I did not get the popup announcing that she was out, and he wandered downstairs to find her. I heard a sim eating crisps but there was no-one to be seen. The crisp packet was in mid-air being eaten out of, but the neighbour was invisible. My sim had a long conversation with her and her roommate came and serenaded her, but she remained invisible. When I noticed that it was supposed to be nighttime but still light on the lot, I decided to rather move them both and delete the lot, but it was weird.

More F than you
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2008 September 10, 21:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted a bit ago about my transparent flashing neighbors. It looks like it's not only me.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 2008 September 10, 21:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new issue (I think, since search turned nothing up on here)

Has anyone managed to successfully adopt whilst living in an apartment?

It said your new addition will arrive at 10am in the morning. Great. Gave me the choice of what age child to have, great, then, nothing happened? No car arrived. Zilch. Nada.

Seriously unlikely to be tight pants - I only have Pes's hacks. I do have the scriptorium if that would make a difference? I'm non-awesome, so I don't know if that would affect anything?
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: 2008 September 10, 22:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing the Riley and Cho yesterday.  It's the first apartment house I've played.  I was play Riley's apartment, and I could see what Cho was doing in her apartment.  The problem I see with having it like that is that Cho was neglecting to care for her toddler.  The toddler's needs were getting extremely red. Cho wanders all over the lot during the day socializing with everyone and leaving the toddler unattended. The toddler is never put to bed at night and crawls around even outside the apartment while her mother is sleeping.  Cho doesn't go to work at all.  When she finally came in for the evening, her toddler needed a bath desperately, but Cho gives herself a bath and then goes to bed leaving her toddler in dire need of a bath and a diaper changing.  I tried to see if Rilely could take care of it, but he couldn't.  The toddler was so bad off at one point that I used the maxmotives cheat to stop her from crying. 

As someone suggested to me, have whichever one you're playing visit the other for a bit.  When the playable leaves, the apartment you're not playing returns to 'normal' and becomes invisible.  Works fine after that, and solves this bork fairly easily.

I have tried this several times and it did not work for me.  Any suggestions?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 2008 September 10, 22:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new issue (I think, since search turned nothing up on here)

Has anyone managed to successfully adopt whilst living in an apartment?

It said your new addition will arrive at 10am in the morning. Great. Gave me the choice of what age child to have, great, then, nothing happened? No car arrived. Zilch. Nada.

Seriously unlikely to be tight pants - I only have Pes's hacks. I do have the scriptorium if that would make a difference? I'm non-awesome, so I don't know if that would affect anything?

I had the Cho woman call to adopt.  The toddler was deliverd the next day as scheduled.
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 2008 September 10, 23:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks, Fatkitty. Looks like the 50/50 dance with my custom content (again  Roll Eyes )
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 2008 September 11, 00:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issues with 'upstairs' in apartments are driving me insane.

At one apartment lot the upstairs is counted as outside of the apartment, I can't change furniture or wallpapers.
In another lot the neighbors upstairs is completely visible even though someone lives there, and the neighbors downstairs is hidden.

They both are downloaded apartment lots, maybe I need to load them in build mode once to get them to work properly?

Do any of these lots use the stage foundations as a stairway landing between floors?  I had issues similar to yours when I used these on the ground floor/entrance level of some townhouses with garages.  Replacing the landings with a straight run of stairs or a spiral stair fixed it.  AL must be treating the edge of a stage as a boundary when the zoning change is invoked, similar to the way it treats carpet strips and flowerbed edging in the "fence" category.
Ah, that explains it. Much appreciate your answer - I was going insane not knowing what the problem was. The apartments in question does indeed use stage foundations. Is there a way to fix it maybe? Maybe I need to make the lot residential then turn it into apartment again?

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 2008 September 11, 04:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Faizah, That's interesting.  It's worked in your case because you were able to save and move the stone between the deaths.  For the Goodie couple, however, they both died immediately after returning home from work -- the instant they arrived on the sidewalk -- so there was no option to move the first stone.  Actually, I'm wondering now if I'd gone into the neighbour's place after the first death (Herb), if they may have had the option to put the stone in inventory.   Huh  Whatever.  I don't see why it would have been such a huge effort on the part of EA to simply designate one lot as a cemetary by default.   Roll Eyes

Posted by: Alex 

Also, about the graves, the problem with moving it to a community lot is that the death type is reset, meaning they all supposedly "died" of starvation.

Alex, you know for sure this is true?  Has it always been this way?  Huh

And as for the Riley/Cho borkedness, it makes no difference in resetting those apartments as different sublots if I try this either:  
... have whichever one you're playing visit the other for a bit.  When the playable leaves, the apartment you're not playing returns to 'normal' and becomes invisible.  Works fine after that, and solves this bork fairly easily.

Both apartments remain active simultaneously and fully visible no matter how many times I've saved after playing each family.  Tongue   Undecided

[ETA]  Added the post at the BBS http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=b62e04e166f38b0788058a39091f4b88&directoryID=226&startRow=1&openItemID=item.226,root.1,item.43,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23, in case any of you want to add your frustration to it.  No, I'm not assuming that the 'maxoids' have cleaned the 7-y-old shit out of their ears.  And Yes, I do need a shower now...  Grin

« Last Edit: 2008 September 11, 07:48:15 by baaaflatfit » Logged
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 2008 September 11, 08:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've run into a big problem into community lots, apparently they now refuse to load meaning the loading screen freezes halfway thru.
Great, thanks a fucking lot eaxis, now I have to wave the fucking magic wand on every lot to fix it.

I have this problem too now.  I tried taking out the last couple of AL updated hacks I put in right before developing the problem, but that didn't help.  Did you ever figure out if it was a hack conflict or find the solution? What magic wand?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: