More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:01:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467834 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #500 on: 2008 September 05, 23:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fixed the stuck stomping guy on the Peterson trailer lot by just having her knock on his door.   She had already been there and "introduced" herself to him without effect on his sorry state, but it was only the actual "knock" option that sorted him out.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: 2008 September 05, 23:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Kimberly max evilness right away, because I made her a witch first and I impatiently clicked the evil witch multiple times. I thought at first that it had dropped from her queue. Yeah. I did it the right way with her sister, and it took some time for her to get to the pinnacle of goodness. Another one got her magic from the evil witch, trained neutral to the point of gaining a familiar because I wanted to see what the neutral familiar looked like (it was grey) then trained good, and has maxed out witchcraft, but is still only 'nice'.

Also, randomly, I thought I could live with the good witch sparkly skin (as I'd only played with the Pleasant Cordial witches thus far) until I saw this:

(Putting the blurriness aside - yes, this is with high sim and texture detail, this computer is just crap.) Bleurgh.

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: 2008 September 05, 23:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of like it on S1, and it might look good on the alien skin (my current good-witch-in-training) but I would far prefer a witch texture that looks good on all skins. I really don't like the thought of making certain skintones only be evil/neutral witches, but, man, I could not stand that on one of my sims.

The only default skin replacement in my game so far has been for the vampire overlay (seriously, blue?) but these witchery overlays are a good candidate for replacement. I may have to learn how to do it myself! (I want something subtle, not some Enayla skin as replacement, but not nothing at all.)

toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2008 September 06, 02:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know isn't it gross? What made them think that was in any attractive/represents goodness?

It looks like she has some fungal infection/rash.  That's disgusting.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2008 September 06, 02:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I want something subtle, not some Enayla skin as replacement, but not nothing at all.)

I know what you mean. I've been looking all over, but I haven't found anything yet. I'm considering just using an Enayla replacement to get rid of the ugly speckles until something better surfaces.

moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2008 September 06, 04:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With that said I wanted to build an apartment and was out of room in the neighborhood so I went to move a lot to the lots bin. Upon clicking the move to bin button, it did remove the lot. Only one problem though, it removed it entirely from the game! It was not in the lots bin anywhere. I searched for a good 10 minutes going back and fourth mumbling "oh my god" and "how the hell do they miss that huge glaring bug?!" and then it all boiled down to "oh well".

Was the lot you moved an apartment lot? If it was, then it's in the "special" lot category like. It's the same one that (I assume) beach lots go into.

Or I could be totally wrong...
Hellyes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2008 September 06, 13:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aaaccck, this drove me crazy last week!  I played these 2 families first and I thought this was the norm.  So when I finally moved in another family in the same building, I was stunned to see those two families' apartments being dark.  And I lost a lot of precious playing time testing and retesting this scenario until I came to the conclusion that Cho & Riley were special.  So, yeah, they're borked.  Although it's a nice bork -- I like seeing what the other inhabitants are up to.

Ok, so it's not my game -- thanks!  I guess EAxis has it setup that way as a sort-of 'scenario' to force the issue of those two getting together.  Makes sense, since his apartment looks more like it's setup for 4 people than her's is. 

OTOH, it'll take a bit of finessing to get their relationship up, since neither can talk to the other on the phone.  I wonder if the current setup also borks any move-in type interactions. May have to move one of them out and back in and see if that resets it.

I was playing the Riley and Cho yesterday.  It's the first apartment house I've played.  I was play Riley's apartment, and I could see what Cho was doing in her apartment.  The problem I see with having it like that is that Cho was neglecting to care for her toddler.  The toddler's needs were getting extremely red. Cho wanders all over the lot during the day socializing with everyone and leaving the toddler unattended. The toddler is never put to bed at night and crawls around even outside the apartment while her mother is sleeping.  Cho doesn't go to work at all.  When she finally came in for the evening, her toddler needed a bath desperately, but Cho gives herself a bath and then goes to bed leaving her toddler in dire need of a bath and a diaper changing.  I tried to see if Rilely could take care of it, but he couldn't.  The toddler was so bad off at one point that I used the maxmotives cheat to stop her from crying. 
marjchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2008 September 06, 13:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Riley and Cho apartments were the same.  I tried to play Cho and could see into Riley's apartment and see what he and his daughter were doing.  Also, Cho's visitor would continually try to talk to people in Riley's apartment.  So I exited out and tried playing Riley, and it was the same.  So, I decided that was way too borked, and had Riley ask Cho to move in with him.  She accepted but I could still see both apartments.  So I moved them out as one family unit.  Going to test out their apartments on new sims today.  Hopefully it was just Eaxis trying to be clever with their whole single parent romance that messed it up.
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2008 September 06, 14:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frack. Yes, that's the flamingo I was referring to. There's only one set of portals for the carstop and bus together.

Well then I have run out of ideas myself. Maybe a lot bin corruption?

like i say in some post away my test say all bin apartment are corrupt to fix that export all apartment of belladonna and import in you current neighood or use custom apartment. The bus will come for playables ( yes work 100 % in all apartments ) sometimes how i have 4 families in a apartment no playebles childrens dont go to school, maybe overseep or something no permit go but the important is you playabes will go.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2008 September 06, 15:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing the Riley and Cho yesterday.  It's the first apartment house I've played.  I was play Riley's apartment, and I could see what Cho was doing in her apartment.  The problem I see with having it like that is that Cho was neglecting to care for her toddler.  The toddler's needs were getting extremely red. Cho wanders all over the lot during the day socializing with everyone and leaving the toddler unattended. The toddler is never put to bed at night and crawls around even outside the apartment while her mother is sleeping.  Cho doesn't go to work at all.  When she finally came in for the evening, her toddler needed a bath desperately, but Cho gives herself a bath and then goes to bed leaving her toddler in dire need of a bath and a diaper changing.  I tried to see if Rilely could take care of it, but he couldn't.  The toddler was so bad off at one point that I used the maxmotives cheat to stop her from crying. 

As someone suggested to me, have whichever one you're playing visit the other for a bit.  When the playable leaves, the apartment you're not playing returns to 'normal' and becomes invisible.  Works fine after that, and solves this bork fairly easily.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2008 September 06, 15:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the lot you moved an apartment lot? If it was, then it's in the "special" lot category like. It's the same one that (I assume) beach lots go into.

Nope, the one I moved was an old house I had downloaded years ago. As I said it reappeared in the bin when the game crashed and I restarted it, but I'm not suppose to need to restart it to find a house in the bin. Something I have noticed is if you click the 'expand' button on the "special" lot bin, the UI breaks.

I was working on the same apartments tonight and man it's hell to style and furnish all the apartments. It's gonna take me forever to get all 4 done. I be damned if I don't use the rent furnished option after doing all this work.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2008 September 06, 16:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, the only weirdness I've seen with playable-neighbor kids, one non-controlled playable kid missed the bus one day (the bus showed up, my controlled teen made it, the kid had gone the previous day).  Shortly after 9 AM, the kid came bebopping out of his trailer and proceeded to play to his heart's content.  At 2 PM, i get the warning that the kid missed school and lost a grade.  At that point, his mother (again, non-controlled neighbor) fulfilled a fear of 'kid getting a bad grade and lost points.  Shortly afterwards, she came into the controlled trailer and had a nervous breakdown.  She went thru the whole spiel (reaction to the doctor, tho the doctor wasn't visible).  I hadn't played them since moving in, so they had no buffer asperation.
   It worried me so much, i grabbed the kid and had him do some homework (via Inge's homework table). Once i released him, he would walk out of his trailer, go do 1 action, then immediately head back to his trailer.  30 mins later, he'd do it again.  Rinse/repeat.  I deleted him (move_objects on), then he walked back onto the lot, perfectly normal.  The next morning, he caught the bus with no problem.   

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
lostsoul
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2008 September 06, 18:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not entirely sure if this is an Apartment Life bork, but since it's only happened after I've installed AL, I'm assuming it is.

Yeah, as you can see, it's borked up. Can't seem to find any way to get that little bar up. I'm tempted just to use college adjuster to give her a 4.0. It's just that one sim who's having that problem, but none of the others seem to be able to write term papers, and I can't throw parties, either. It just seems to be college having issues for me, the main neighbourhood is fine.

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2008 September 06, 18:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played Uni just fine since installing- try removing all of your hacks and see if it works then.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2008 September 06, 18:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is an oldbug. It is purely visual and does not affect anything. Just keep college rampaging.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2008 September 06, 19:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get that UNI bug all the time too.  I never waited to find out that it was just visual, but what I always do is turn on moveobjects, delete the Sim in question, turn off moveobjects, and save the lot.  After returning to the neighborhood and then reentering the lot, the Sim will appear at the mailbox of course, and the problem generally is solved too.  I have never figured out what causes the bug, and have seen it in dorms, frat houses, and regular residential lots on campus.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2008 September 06, 19:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but none of the others seem to be able to write term papers,

That's another old bug.  Have you influenced those YA's to do someone else's term papers?  Either at that lot or at another lot?  Even if they do someone else's term paper, the game thinks they've done their own.  That's why i only use townies to influence.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2008 September 06, 21:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On vacation lots, you have to greet everyone to interact with them. I find this annoying. Is it like this on community and business lots too?
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2008 September 06, 21:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am seeing an unusually long wait time (5-10 seconds) between clicking on the "exit to neighborhood" button and the "Do you want to save?" dialog popping up.  This was never an issue for me before AL.  Has anybody else experienced this?

Karen
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2008 September 06, 22:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Semi-confirmation on that one, Karen; When I click save on any lot, it takes it about 5 seconds before the actual "saving" dialog pops up. I know for sure that it doesn't do that on my boyfriend's computer, and that the dialog appears directly after I hit the save button.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2008 September 06, 23:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about.  It seems to happen only on apartment lots, though; normal residential lots don't have that lag.

Karen
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2008 September 06, 23:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody had a Sim die on an apartment lot yet?  Bizarre to say the least. 

To start, I'll mention that I did have Pescado's tombstonemovefix in my game at the time.  Whether this affected the outcome, I can't say. 

But here's the scenario:  I moved the elder couple, Herbert and Faith (Goode or Goodie?) into the apartment bldg where the Patel family resides.  They became close friends of the Patels and the little girl they had.  I've played all families, by now, through to almost end of winter -- a lot of playing! -- with the exception of the large family of orphans in the bin, which I deleted immediately.

So, at age 65, both Herb and Faith die on the same day after returning from work.  Faith, thanks to noagediscrimination, was working longer hours and didn't get home 'til 11PM, so Herb went first:

and, very strangely, got a special stone (no, he wasn't plat):

Then Faith, who'd just made it up the career ladder to robber:

When Faith's stone appears on the sidewalk, Herb's magically disappeared:

And this message pops up, saying the stones have been moved to P.U.R.E, a downtown nightclub, no less:   Roll Eyes

Then after Grimmy finds some relief in their vacant apartment...

...I noticed that both stones were gone from the lot.  The game warned me the stones would only appear on the community lot as indicated if I saved, so I did.  After Grimmy left, I went into the Patel's apartment to see what the Goodie's apartment looked like at this point, and their door said "Vacant":

Then I went to P.U.R.E and there were no stones anywhere on the lot. I've also checked out several other lots, both in Downtown and in Belladonna, but no sign of the missing stones.  I can't figure why P.U.R.E was picked by the game as a destination for the tombstones in the first place -- has this now just become a random thing?   Huh   Herb & Faith had never visited there;  the only DT lot they'd been to was the SugarCube Bowling Alley. None of my Belladonna residents had ever been to P.U.R.E   Besides the DT hood, I had attached no other districts or subhoods to this hood. 

I have the feeling their stones have just vanished altogether - a bug we had before (which EP? I can't remember), which I'm not certain was ever properly fixed.  I'd be interested in comparing stories about this issue because this is pretty messy.  I'll post at BBS once I know for certain it's not Pescado's tombstonemovefix that has caused this.  I highly doubt it did, actually, because this kind of randomness would perhaps explain why some players are seeing Olivia Riley's tombstone at the Art Gallery and others are not. 

If you don't remember the NL P.U.R.E lot, it looks like this:

Some place for a gravestone, hey?
« Last Edit: 2008 September 07, 00:01:25 by baaaflatfit » Logged
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2008 September 07, 00:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's bizarre.  I did have an elder on an apt lot die of old age today, like yours, just as he got out of the carpool.  Everything seemed to work OK.  I left the tombstone by the mailbox, saved, exited to neighborhood, returned (half expecting the tombstone to be gone) and everything was just as I'd left it.  Memories and inheritance and so on all worked fine.

Karen
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2008 September 07, 01:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

karen, were you using Pes's tombstonemovefix at the time, or no?  Did you have other surviving members of the family at the time? And other playable families in other apartments?

Why would
Having everyone die on an apartment lot is really not a good idea!
even come up, when I had another family of 4 (and close friends of the departed) living in that apt complex at the time? 

Maybe the message should've read:

Having everyone die on an apartment lot is really not a good idea!  Why?  Because we at EA were too stupid to figure out how to deal with it! This game was programmed by EA morons after all and EA morons don't care what happens to the tombstones.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2008 September 07, 01:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to agree that Cho is a bad mother.

After moving her and her spawn into the Reily household, the mother went upstairs, leaving baby Etsu there by herself.  I had to instruct the mother to pick up the toddler before the house would vacate itself.  

On 2nd thought, I should of left the baby there while I extracted all the goodies out of the Cho apartment.

If I moved the family of orphans into a house with someone who has a LTW of 10 children, would the orphans count as adopted children and therefore go towards fulfulling the want?

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: