More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:06:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467780 times)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #350 on: 2008 September 01, 12:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that the Apartment Controller (that deals with all of the townie neighbors) can get borked when there are hack conflicts.  Even after pulling out the conflicting hack, the controller is still borked.  Move the sims out, then back in and THEN come back and tell us you have no bus.  Oh, and when doing this test, try it only with Awesome/verified updated for AL hacks.
   This could also explain tngrspacecadet's borkiness.  I had a borked controller on that particular lot, and none of my townie neighbors could either enter their own apts or leave the lot.

Also there are no carpools for the non playable renters
   How many car pools do you want clogging up your road?  Yes, that is by design, the neighbors walk to work at their appointed times.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2008 September 01, 12:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I also noticed is that apparently if you somehow manage to get a telescope to an apartment lot, you can't get abducted. So no alien babies for my knowledge sims living in apartments. Roll Eyes

Really? My knowledge sim has gotten abducted 3 times off his apartment balcony. He is a knowledge sim with the summon aliens interaction but I only used that the first time to get him the scholarship. The other 2 he got while searching for constellations.

I have had the same problem, whenever I try to summon aliens or use the debug mode get abducted thing, the sim walks up to the telescope and then just drop the action.
For those who had it not work, was the telescope in a common area or private balcony? Neither should affect anything, but you know how EAxis thinks...

Also, this isn't a bug but a warning. The mailbox/trashcan ploppables titled SEDD_BuyMailbox, SEDD_BuyTrashcan, will prevent apartments from getting the new mailbox. Luckily, removing the download causes the mailboxes to remain displayed and the proper mailbox to be on each lot.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2008 September 01, 13:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a more or less, stupid glitch... I was playing the newly added neighourhoud and decided to start playing with Jessica. At first everyting seemed to work... but then I noticed a problem with 1 of the sims living in the apartment

So basicly a townie living in an apartment seems to be 'stuck' in his own apartment-room. Nothing is visible in his apartment except the 'stuck' sim himself.
The weird part is:
- He isn't going to work, he isn't eating, he doesn't do something. He basicly just stands and keeps repeating the animation that he can't reach an object. The bubble above his head, is the same icon as the icon sims have when they are 'checking out the apartment'... (I hope I translated that option correctly  Undecided...)
- Other sims can talk (and gossip) with him just fine, but that's the only thing he want's to do...

---

Oh, anyone any idea if a roommate can get skill points and get actual promotion on their work?

"Today you'll see me crash and burn, but I'll be back tomorrow."
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2008 September 01, 13:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mhrm... Now I know that the cheap island is missing. I think this was a pre-AL bug though. When I had FT, I thought it was something that I had downloaded which caused the conflict. So it's actually a bug, because I was noticing the cheap island was gone when I did a fresh install. *sigh*

Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2008 September 01, 13:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I also noticed is that apparently if you somehow manage to get a telescope to an apartment lot, you can't get abducted. So no alien babies for my knowledge sims living in apartments. Roll Eyes

Really? My knowledge sim has gotten abducted 3 times off his apartment balcony. He is a knowledge sim with the summon aliens interaction but I only used that the first time to get him the scholarship. The other 2 he got while searching for constellations.

I have had the same problem, whenever I try to summon aliens or use the debug mode get abducted thing, the sim walks up to the telescope and then just drop the action.
For those who had it not work, was the telescope in a common area or private balcony? Neither should affect anything, but you know how EAxis thinks...

The sim I tried it with was living in an "ordinary" house

Dang
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2008 September 01, 13:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has there been any fix for the condo deco replacement bug yet?
This is the only thing really stopping me from installing AL. It absolutely butchered my city center maps
birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2008 September 01, 14:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that the Apartment Controller (that deals with all of the townie neighbors) can get borked when there are hack conflicts.  Even after pulling out the conflicting hack, the controller is still borked.  Move the sims out, then back in and THEN come back and tell us you have no bus.  

I still have no bus. Tongue

Also tried fresh apartments, different sub hoods, but no cake bus.

After further investigation it seems to be neighborhood related. In Belladonna Cove the bus works fine, in my my long played BFBVFS neighborhood not so much. If the Apartment Controller got borked beyond repair it seems to affect the whole neighborhood and is probably perrnanent. Could also be that the neighborhood is corrupted to begin with in a way that affects the Apartment Controller. Serves me right I guess.

How many car pools do you want clogging up your road?  Yes, that is by design, the neighbors walk to work at their appointed times.

I just thought that would be a very Eaxis thing to do and was kind off surprised when the all walked to work.  Wink
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2008 September 01, 14:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody else have the 'sparkles going invisible after work' issue? Because it's driving me nuts, and don't understand what possibly could cause this.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2008 September 01, 14:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the on the spot blind date set-ups, my test sim was given an NPC (delivery driver).  She can't phone her, which I think was a FT thing with NPCs. 

FYI, Dizzy has a fix for the non-callable NPC thing over on Laden Swallow.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2008 September 01, 14:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've got almost all the kinks worked out.  The following remain.  This is with some of the DC installed (including the critical fixes of course), plus some tight pants.

1.  The "invisible living room" problem that (I think it was) HystericalParoxysm reported earlier, seems in my case to be related to editing the interior walls of apartments using the boolprop cheat mentioned elsewhere.  As long as I do not do that, everything is fine and the apartment loads and reloads normally.

2.  Someone mentioned about the toy dogs being broken.  I have the same thing.  Sim goes to pick up the dog, and is cuddling an invisible dog while the actual dog is between his feet.  I told Sim to give the dog up for adoption, and the action fell out of the queue and the dog became stuck.  Could not be deleted.

3.  I am not going anywhere near helicopters.

Other annoyances that are probably not bugs:

1.  The good news:  Besides being able to find a roommate with the computer or phone, once your Sim becomes buddies with another Sim, there is a new Propose/Become Roommate.  You may then later on choose Propose/Move In, whereupon the roomie becomes fully controllable.  After Move In, the second Sim cannot go back to being a roommate.  The bad news:  Someone else probably pointed this out earlier, but it is ridiculous that your Sim can have only one roommate!  Surely there are posh urban apartments out there shared by three and four people?  Also, I haven't had Pets installed for a long time, but I am certain it was possible to have more than one pet, so why not more than one roommate?

2.  Speaking of roomies, I think we have a new AI here.  They are smarter than dormies in certain ways, in that they never miss work and will even do light housecleaning if they are happy.  However, if their needs are too low even to be filled during work, they will get the action "Run Errands" on their queue, and leave the house (even if in their undies or jammies!) to go (as I assume) to Best Buy and get all their needs filled.  Smiley  My Sims' roomies so far also are in love with the exercise bike (a great way to go almost into at least three needs failures), and also have a habit of making food, even when there's leftovers in the fridge, putting it on the counter, and standing there staring at it for a couple of hours.  Then going to Best Buy to get their needs filled the easy way.

3.  I have also never yet seen NPCs so in love with birdwatching and jumping rope.  I am certain that, if I uninstalled FT, they would do nothing but jump rope all day long.

4.  Have yet to see the Good Witch.  I'm about to try to get one of my college students to befriend the Atrociously Evil Witch, and then see if I can make him a good witch anyway.

Other than that, no BFBVFS or anything like that on my end.  Thanks to all of you for your help!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2008 September 01, 15:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone else probably pointed this out earlier, but it is ridiculous that your Sim can have only one roommate!  Surely there are posh urban apartments out there shared by three and four people?  Also, I haven't had Pets installed for a long time, but I am certain it was possible to have more than one pet, so why not more than one roommate?
It is most definitely still possible to have more than one pet. It's been a long time since I haven't been playing with LotFullofSims, but I believe the limit is six pets, or a hard 10 pets&sims total. I had two pets in an apartment on the hackless test account.

As for posh urban apartments shared by three or four people, most of my friends started out in places with two other roommates. Three roommates is rare because four-bedroom apartments are rare around here.

3.  I have also never yet seen NPCs so in love with birdwatching and jumping rope.  I am certain that, if I uninstalled FT, they would do nothing but jump rope all day long.
Hells bells yes. I just got done playing a lot by Plasticbox that I converted for AL. Each apartment has a large front porch that technically is community area. I had problems getting one sim to work because two neighbors were birdwatching on the porch. She (Manisha again) is also obsessed with jumping rope. She has fitness as her OTH and sucks at it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2008 September 01, 16:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leftover Hamburgers, group meals - anyone else finding they simply vanish when a Sim is directed to get them out of the fridge?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2008 September 01, 16:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hells bells yes. I just got done playing a lot by Plasticbox that I converted for AL. Each apartment has a large front porch that technically is community area. I had problems getting one sim to work because two neighbors were birdwatching on the porch. She (Manisha again) is also obsessed with jumping rope. She has fitness as her OTH and sucks at it.
I made a generalized Undiscovered Shiny for stomping on all this ridiculously annoying shit, but Fat Gwilly People haven't asked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2008 September 01, 16:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, it's beginning to annoy me as well. I have a sim neighbor who comes home from work in her silly clown costume and jump ropes in her apartment for hours... and hours... and hours. Then all the other neighbors come out of their hellhole trailers and jump rope on my sim's porch all day long, blocking access for everyone. They also seem to be obsessed with butterflies.

I also lust for a hack to stop the everchanging sim portraits. It's lagging the game and is downright confusing if you have identical twins that swap each others portraits.  Embarrassed
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2008 September 01, 18:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a generalized Undiscovered Shiny for stomping on all this ridiculously annoying shit, but Fat Gwilly People haven't asked.
I don't know whether I am gwilly, but I am certainly fat, and I am certainly asking.  I'll go look around for it in a moment.  This must be due to the afore-discussed tendency of EAxis to give new items and interactions increasingly higher advertising (or whatever it's called) with each new EP.  In fact the exercise bike thing I mentioned earlier must be an example too -- didn't that come with FT?  My Sims' roomies will not touch the weight machine, though I wonder if they would if I took away the exercise bike.

Leftover Hamburgers, group meals - anyone else finding they simply vanish when a Sim is directed to get them out of the fridge?
Yes, I had that for a while.  Either it was due to tight pants which I loosened, or the critical fixes in the DC fixed it.  Others had it too and presumably fixed it.

I really wish my Sims could have more than one roommate (we can has hack?  pleez?), but another potential problem I forgot to mention before is that roomies will not share a double bed with my Sims.  This is even though I have an old hack called ShareBed that allows Sims to sleep in the same bed regardless of relationship (and only sleep of course, none of the other stuff).  Roomies can find single beds just fine, but if there is a double bed and my Sim is sleeping in it, they will sleep on the couch rather than in the same bed.

Oh yes, one other thing, I've also had the problem with NPCs crowding on the porch of my Sim's trailer home, and getting him to work only with difficulty.  If it isn't jumping rope, it's an endless succession of High Five and Earthy Hug (which actually does differ subtly from the regular hug) and Fake Out.  Though I guess if it weren't that, it would be Play Red Hands and Prank/Ventrilofart and Hang Out right in the way of everyone, and let's not forget the problems we once had with endless pillow fights....  Roll Eyes

EDIT:
ROFL!!  A sockpuppet who has forgotten whose hand is up them - that's novel Cheesy
Sounds like as good a description of me as I could hope for.  Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 September 02, 14:30:42 by jwaas » Logged
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: 2008 September 01, 18:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether I am gwilly

ROFL!!  A sockpuppet who has forgotten whose hand is up them - that's novel Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2008 September 01, 18:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but another potential problem I forgot to mention before is that roomies will not share a double bed with my Sims. 

I had the opposite happen.  In the middle of the night, my roomie got in the double bed with my Sim, even though he had his own bed.  It was weird because they're both men and not gay.  However, they were at Friends level, so no one got out of bed and bitched.

So, maybe you're ShareBeds is screwing it up.  Huh

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2008 September 01, 18:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that the Apartment Controller (that deals with all of the townie neighbors) can get borked when there are hack conflicts.  Even after pulling out the conflicting hack, the controller is still borked.  Move the sims out, then back in and THEN come back and tell us you have no bus.  

I still have no bus. Tongue

Also tried fresh apartments, different sub hoods, but no cake bus.

After further investigation it seems to be neighborhood related. In Belladonna Cove the bus works fine, in my my long played BFBVFS neighborhood not so much. If the Apartment Controller got borked beyond repair it seems to affect the whole neighborhood and is probably perrnanent. Could also be that the neighborhood is corrupted to begin with in a way that affects the Apartment Controller. Serves me right I guess.

How many car pools do you want clogging up your road?  Yes, that is by design, the neighbors walk to work at their appointed times.

I just thought that would be a very Eaxis thing to do and was kind off surprised when the all walked to work.  Wink

i have the same problem, only work in Belladonna even i make a new fresh neighborhood and nothing, no is hack problem because use all my hack awesome and not awesome work fine in Belladonna.

I suspect is i use a clean  neighborhoods maybe something is missing......

i donrt now what do is very    annoying  Angry

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2008 September 01, 18:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I had that for a while.  Either it was due to tight pants which I loosened, or the critical fixes in the DC fixed it.  Others had it too and presumably fixed it.

Since I put in the latest version of the critical fix this afternoon before loading that apparently isn't the cure - and everything else I have is from here, plus Lord Darcy's stuff-pack fix.  Any similarities there?
birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2008 September 01, 18:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have the same problem, only work in Belladonna even i make a new fresh neighborhood and nothing, no is hack problem because use all my hack awesome and not awesome work fine in Belladonna.

Yes, but I take back that it's neighborhood related. After testing with my pre AL backup I would say it's lot related. On some maxis premade apartments the bus works and on others not. At first I thought it depends on the family, but then I cross-changed their places and yeah, seems lot related.  Either that or it's totally random.

I suspect is i use a clean neighborhoods maybe something is missing......

I too considered briefly if it could be a clean template problem but somehow nothing does quite add up with what can be observed. Undecided
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2008 September 01, 19:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe you are right i will try use a customs apartment and see

update: apartment linked is, put a custom apartment in new neighborhood and work fine, i think the premade maxis bin apartment are borked.

i will do more research

update1:    confirmed, i almost sure is maxis premade bin apartment. I put one premade in Belladonna  no bus  went with original apartment work fine. Stupid Maxis.

update2: i am 100% sure the bin premade apartment are borked. i packged and export  a apartment what come with belladonna and import in other neighborhood and work fine the bus come. I will export all belladonna apartment and delete all borked bin apartment.

« Last Edit: 2008 September 01, 20:11:41 by edespino » Logged

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2008 September 01, 19:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY!

By the way I reinstalled the CEP and the recolors are showing up.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2008 September 01, 20:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this is getting really weird. I searched for tight pants, and I found some of Numenors global mods and a custom career, so I removed those and loaded the game - which means I only have the AL DC and Lord Darcy's updated fixes in my game. Sparkles still disappear after work! It's really annoying, because I can still see them, they're just not as visible as they should be. Reentering the lots fixes the issue.

Fun game: spot the sparkles! (I forgot to disable free will so the sim keep disappearing out of camera view) They are most visible at the end when I zoom in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyk6rTkXAJ8

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2008 September 01, 21:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fun game: spot the sparkles! (I forgot to disable free will so the sim keep disappearing out of camera view) They are most visible at the end when I zoom in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyk6rTkXAJ8
Nice, looks more like she's just stepped out of a hot spring on a cold night. Light waft of steam but not much sparkle action going on there.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2008 September 01, 22:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most randomly borked thing I've noticed is that non controlled sims are now obsessed with skunks.  There's a townie or apartment sims getting sprayed at least every other hour suddenly.  Seriously - back away from the skunk already.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: