More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 23:02:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 469357 times)
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #700 on: 2008 September 24, 17:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I ended up removing everything in my downloads folder - I even removed some overrides files from Lord Darcy in the AL overrides folder - the cabinets still don't work.  Embarrassed  I don't get this. I used the Roth family as testsubjects, and I removed the .cache file. The only thing I didn't remove was the CEP. Could that do this? Although I figure everybody has it, so then more would have this problem.

For me, the CEP is always the FIRST culprit if an object is misbehaving in some way, shape, or form. Plus, I think it was updated for AL recently--update & see if you still have an issue.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2008 September 24, 17:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I ended up removing everything in my downloads folder - I even removed some overrides files from Lord Darcy in the AL overrides folder - the cabinets still don't work.  Embarrassed  I don't get this. I used the Roth family as testsubjects, and I removed the .cache file. The only thing I didn't remove was the CEP. Could that do this? Although I figure everybody has it, so then more would have this problem.

For me, the CEP is always the FIRST culprit if an object is misbehaving in some way, shape, or form. Plus, I think it was updated for AL recently--update & see if you still have an issue.
Really? I have missed that completely. *runs off to the CEP thread*

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2008 September 24, 17:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have a mega-MEGA-MEGA bork in my game that should be looked into immediately. It appears that the firemen have a hard time getting up the spiral stairs in an apartment lot, I wish I had a video to show what I mean, but let me tell you what I have seen and the steps I went through.

1. Sim cooks turkey dinner (will never be doing that in an apartment EVER again)
2. Turkey sets the stove on fire.
3. Sim Panics and then run downstairs, leaving the poor cat and parrot in the apartment.
4. Bird goes crazy, and cats gets stuck in a wierd animation loop
5. Fire department arrives at the apartment
6. Firefighter gets stuck on the first step
7. Enabled debug mode
8. Appears to be an empty animation for the firefighters
9. Had to enable moveObjects and "dormspecifictoolsdisabled" (yes it works during fires)
10. Placed the fireman on the floor the fire was occouring
11. Fireman gets into the apartment and stuck in a wierd animation loop like the cat, and will not move.
12. Forced an error to get rid of the cat and fireman
13. Luckily one of my sims had a cell phone and called the fire department.
14. Didn't want to risk anything so once the fireman arrived I immediately moved him upto the 2nd floor.
15. The fire appeared to be out after that, but the fire itself was physically there.
16. Had to go through a fiasco of moving stuff where the fire is, so that when i use the stuck object remover it would remove stuff.
17. Placed stuck object removers around the fire.
18. Nothing happened.
19. Had to exit to the neighborhood without saving.
20. Was pissed.

That's basically one of the megaborks I found, and nothing seems to be causing conflicts in my game under the HCDU. *shrugs

Plus, I had NO downloads when I reinstalled all of the EPs after my computer crash. So you couldn't say it was an old hack.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2008 September 24, 17:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fway, that's so lame. Good to know. I wonder if they can take the elevator?

I have been gardening on an apartment lot, with "boolprop aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false"

So far, okay, but I have no access to greenhouse doors, oddly, so I subbed a glass door. Looks meh, but I'll live.

"Nice jammies."

"They're O.R. scrubs."

"O, R they?"

I also wanted to say that I am having fun gaffling the pizzas the landlord has delivered for her building gatherings. YOINK! I'll save that for my parties, thanks.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2008 September 24, 21:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a way to fix the bug with beach apartments:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=302405

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2008 September 24, 22:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, upgrading the CEP did not work, unfortunately. Is reinstall the only thing left? But then I'd at least want  a clue about what's causing this.  Undecided

I did install Dizzy's fix for removing the portrait regeneration, but the cabinet issue happened before I did that, so I doubt that's it - unless it and the CEP somehow managed to screw up exactly the same thing.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2008 September 25, 04:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fway, that's so lame. Good to know. I wonder if they can take the elevator?
Oh I hope so, since the elevators are OBVIOUSLY cloned from OFB, they better work.  Angry

I found a way to fix the bug with beach apartments:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=302405

Yay! I wanted to have a beach apartment lot for so long, this will come in handy. Thank you!

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2008 September 25, 05:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, upgrading the CEP did not work, unfortunately. Is reinstall the only thing left? But then I'd at least want  a clue about what's causing this.  Undecided
First of all, did you take out EVERYTHING? Did you check places like the Teleport folder? Did you remove downloaded lots? Did you clear all the cache files?

Second, what kind of testing did you do? Did you make a completely new hood, plop down an empty lot, and try to place cabinets and recreate the issue?

Shortest, quickest way to test this is drag your entire Sims folder (the one in My Documents, not the one with the EXE) to the desktop and start the game, let it create a fresh new folder, create an unoccupied hood, one random sim, and create a new lot. Test to see if the problem happens, and when. If it's still happening, there's something in your program folder(s) causing it, which is when nontechnical people should uninstall/reinstall. If it *doesn't* happen (can't recreate the problem,) exit the game, rename the clean Sims folder in My Documents, return the original folder back to where you took it, and fire up the game to try a fresh hood again. If it happens with a fresh hood, its something in your Sims folder. If it doesn't happen with a fresh hood, go to your normal hood and try a fresh lot. If it happens with a fresh lot, it's something in your neighborhood. If not, it's something on the lot(s) you've already made.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 2008 September 25, 15:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried on my hacked account and my clean account: medicine cabinets have full options. I have the CEP, too.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
katatonic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2008 September 25, 18:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you placing the cabinet above a sink? According to the guide, the wash face and brush teeth interactions will not appear otherwise.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2008 September 26, 01:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMFG! *headdesk* Stupid Crash is stupid.  Embarrassed

After clearing cache, and placing the cabinet above a sink, it now works with CC plugged in and everything. *cue P&L*

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: 2008 September 28, 00:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A really annoying bug I found that I don't think I've seen mentioned yet: whenever my sim tries to work out in front of the TV, the butler comes in and turns it off.  Looks like I'll just have to buy exercise equiptment.  Tongue

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2008 September 28, 03:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of amusing:

Sim has a chicken charlie in the greenhouse and decided to play with it. During the "play" animation, chicken charlie becomes a gnome.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #713 on: 2008 September 28, 08:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Zaza, that happened even in Seasons.

Has the dining coupon-mailbox borkage been fixed yet? I am sick of that stupid bug.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 2008 September 28, 08:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to Emma!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #715 on: 2008 September 28, 08:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Helpful as always Roll Eyes

*Emma moons Pescado

Hellyes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 2008 September 28, 15:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you know if anyone has extracted a replacement for the missing downtown tower?  I guess the EAxoids used the same coding from the old one downtown on a new tower for BDC and overwrote the old tower that is suppose to be in the downtown.  Probably just a screw up on their part and the old downtown tower is supposed to still be there.

Tower before AL

Tower after AL
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #717 on: 2008 September 28, 23:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excuse me for flogging what might be a dead horse, but ... searching here (Podium and child) for 'blog' revealed nowt of relevance.

FT web-related activity is absent from my apt. living sims computers (blogging etc.) This affects all the EAxian computers. I have only awesomeware installed. The problem is not present in sims in conventional freehold premises.

I noticed this today, Mirelly. I wonder what is causing it?

aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2008 September 29, 01:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you know if anyone has extracted a replacement for the missing downtown tower?  I guess the EAxoids used the same coding from the old one downtown on a new tower for BDC and overwrote the old tower that is suppose to be in the downtown.  Probably just a screw up on their part and the old downtown tower is supposed to still be there.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12892.msg375942.html#msg375942

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2008 September 29, 18:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims live in an apartment at the top of a spiral staircase.  The matchmaker comes and leaves a genie lamp at the top of the stairs.  Sims are unable to use the staircase.  I could not move or delete the lamp because it was outside my apt.  The sim could not "summon genie" because of the positioning of the lamp, some how she had no access to it.  I had to click on the lamp and sell it for $1000.  Angry

Is there a hack to fix this?

May all your fears & worries come true.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 2008 September 29, 19:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't have AL yet - does moveobjects not work in these situations?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2008 September 29, 19:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't have AL yet - does moveobjects not work in these situations?

Nope, it doesn't--common areas are treated like a community lot, only you can access build/buy mode in a limited capacity for things in your apartment.

you have to use a boolprop cheat to be able to touch anything out there.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 2008 September 29, 19:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be clear: is the lamp unmovable when accessing the inventory as well as Build/Buy? Does movebojects change whether or not you can move the lamp to inventory?
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2008 September 29, 21:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be clear: is the lamp unmovable when accessing the inventory as well as Build/Buy? Does movebojects change whether or not you can move the lamp to inventory?

I could not move it with the build or buy options, also I could not move it and put it into inventory.  I did try moveobjects on cheat, but I still could not touch it with the hand. 

May all your fears & worries come true.
Simergy
Asinine Airhead

I am in shape. Round is a shape.

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2008 September 30, 02:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just received AL in the mail today.

Should I wait for a patch before installing, or install right away and use the director's cut from here?

Reasons for your answers will be appreciated.

Better safe than sorry
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: