More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:19:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Tutorial - Enabling Adult custom clothing for Elders
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tutorial - Enabling Adult custom clothing for Elders  (Read 25591 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Tutorial - Enabling Adult custom clothing for Elders
« on: 2005 November 04, 03:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another repost. Again just putting it here so it doesn't get completely buried.

Open SimPE, go to Tools, then Scan Folders. It should bring up the folder scanner window. In the bottom left, uncheck all the boxes except the clothing scanner. Then go to the top and either hit scan if all your clothes are in your downloads folder, or grab the drop down and browse to whichever directory you have your clothes in. If you have a lot files, it helps to move all your clothes in a subdirectory and just scan that otherwise SimPE will have to sift through ALL your files to find the clothes.

Depending upon how many files you have, it could take a while to scan. When it's done, the clothes should appear in a list. You can hit the button near the top that says "Ages" to sort by age and then find clothes with "Adult", "YoungAdult or Adult", "YoungAdult". You can make the clothes from teens or kids for elders too but it won't fit so just stick with adults and young adults.

Now again down in the lower left there will be several tabs above a box. Switch to the Operations tab. Now highlight the outfit you want to change in the large box with the list of clothing above and then go the small box down below and scroll down until you get to the "Clothing Scanner" section. Check off Elder in addition to Adult. You can also check off YoungAdult too if it isn't already checked off. Then hit set. The check you just did in the elder box will dissappear, but it did actually take effect and if you rescan again you should now see the Elder category listed for that outfit and the Elder box checked.

Note that this scanner just shows you a thumbnail of the outfits texture and the internal name of the outfit. In many cases you may not be able to easily tell which outfit is which. I just made everything I had that was Adult or Young Adult into Adult, Elder and Young Adult combined. This can be very tedious and time consuming though as you have to set each outfit one at a time and if you have tons of clothes you could be clicking hundreds of times.

There's also an alternate, more manual way of doing this as written in a tutorial by Faeriegurl here:

http://www5.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=52437

In addition to the outfit codes she gives, outfits for both Adults and Elders is 0x00000018 while the code for making an oufit available for Adults, Elders and Young Adults is 0x00000058

Her method is probably quicker if you only have a few files, but the opposite is probably true if you are planning to convert a large batch of files.

Lastly, another option for those who don't wish to mess with SimPE at all is that you can download my Clothing Equality Mod, put it in your downloads and then use the bodyshop to make new retextured elder outfits based on the Maxis adult meshes. Any file you make in the bodyshop with a regular TS2 adult mesh while you have my clothing equality mod in downloads will automatically be set to be available for adults, young adults and elders and the file is not required for any new outfit to show up for elders. Once you've made the outfit you're perfectly safe to take the clothing equality mod out of downloads and your new outfit will still work for elders.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
riggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Tutorial - Enabling Adult custom clothing for Elders
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 06, 14:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the mod, Motoki, and the tutorial. It sounds like we need SimPE to allow operations like this on multiple files.  Grin
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 06, 14:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be very nice, yes. Datgen has a skinfixer plugin that automates making adult clothing work for both young adults and adults, but there's no plugin that I no of that will do the same for elders. Sad We have to do all the manual clicking by hand on each oufit at this point. Tongue

Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 25, 03:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to thwap me for saying, but I just highlighted all the files I wished to convert, unclicked/reclicked the ages, and then clicked "set age."  Even though the files were different modes, it still worked, and it didn't classify them all as pj's or swimwear or what have you.  Only problem is, I ended up accidentally doing that to some of my costume makeup/glasses, and now I have multiple instances of them. 

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 29, 15:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

going to try this out as it will save keep downloading new stuff for the elders  Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 30, 04:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to thwap me for saying, but I just highlighted all the files I wished to convert, unclicked/reclicked the ages, and then clicked "set age."  Even though the files were different modes, it still worked, and it didn't classify them all as pj's or swimwear or what have you.  Only problem is, I ended up accidentally doing that to some of my costume makeup/glasses, and now I have multiple instances of them. 

No, you're probably right. I didn't even think to try highlighting them all. D'OH!  Embarrassed

Brightside
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 18, 12:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for the tutorial, that was great!! Such a massive help!
I'm just wondering what happens if you use Simpe to change every day clothes to maternity clothes? Im guessing it wont work because Ive never heard anyone reccomend doing it? Huh
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 20, 00:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that once and weird things happened.  It was as if my sims were wearing two outfits at the same time.  I removed the modified files and it went back to normal.

So if I understand correctly this technique will let elders wear adult clothing?  And does that make them have an adult shape as well.  In other words, do they use an elder mesh or an adult mesh.
kaarinah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 20, 00:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They use the adult mesh but with the elder posture.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 20, 16:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to try that. I am using BeoBoxy's bodybuilding mesh on one of my elder sim, and it was sad to see him go from ripped to baggy.  Not sure what an elder posture will look like on a ripped body, but I'm curious to find out.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 11, 16:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open SimPE, go to Tools, then Scan Folders. It should bring up the folder scanner window. In the bottom left, uncheck all the boxes except the clothing scanner.

Thanks for the tutorial.  I'm trying to change the catagories of some of the clothes I've downloaded.  I have SimPE 0.54.  I had to select both the clothing option and the thumbnail option in the scanner or I didn't have any thumbnails of the clothes.  Not even in the box on the bottom right when they were seleced.  Once I rescanned with the thumbnail option checked everything worked fine.

Just coincidence but it works.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 11, 20:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been so long since I wrote this I kind of forgot a lot of it  Embarrassed. I thought I remembered those thumbnails just being of the textures, which helps somewhat, but sometimes it's hard to tell without seeing a 3D picture. I admit to not having done this with any of the newest versions of SimPE though. I do keep meaning to go in and hide the damned mascots though because I am tired of seeing pink gorillas.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, thanks for posting that clarification.

TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 11, 22:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as I scanned with thumbnails, I didn't have to include that check box on future scans in the same session, which I did to check that I hadn't forgotten anything.  It also went much faster even if I did leave the box checked.  The first time took quite a while.  I don't know if the thumbnails are saved by SimPE or need to be recreated each time SimPE is run.  I haven't rerun SimPE again to find out.

Just coincidence but it works.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 11, 22:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed when I upgraded to this latest SimPE QA for OFB it took a long time the first time to generate thumbnails but then it didn't afterwards. Maybe that's normal when there's a big upgrade version change for an expansion.

Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 11, 13:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could use some help with this, im running Simpe 0.56. When i want to set ages for some athletics wear from adult to adult and young adult i cant seem to save the file properly. I have to save as then direct it to the path, save as type: *.csv (comma seperated values (no idea what that means)) to get the name show up i have to set it to all files and then back to .csv. I've tried to do that and tried by not putting it back to .csv, doesnt matter what i do i get the same error log showing up.
This is it:

The process cannot access the file "C:\Documents and Settings\***\My Documents\EA Games\De Sims

2\Downloads\Athletic\FAworkout3\5f580396_FAworkout3.package" because it is being used by another process.

SimPE Version:
Default (0.56.2262.8311).

Exception Stack:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file "C:\Documents and Settings\***\My Documents\EA Games\De Sims

2\Downloads\Athletic\FAworkout3\5f580396_FAworkout3.package" because it is being used by another process.
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean

useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
  at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
  at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
  at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
  at System.IO.File.CreateText(String path)
  at SimPe.Plugin.ScannerForm.llSave_LinkClicked(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)

Source:
mscorlib

Execution Stack:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean

useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
  at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
  at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
  at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
  at System.IO.File.CreateText(String path)
  at SimPe.Plugin.ScannerForm.llSave_LinkClicked(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)

Anyone any idea what im doing wrong? I've tried this with a freshly booted system aswell as pulling the files off C drive and trying it in a folder on desktop, no matter getting the same thing.

Please help i'd like to learn to proper do this as i have a bunch of clothes showing up in all categories too like swim+underwear and such.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 12, 01:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried it and it's doing the save to csv thing to me too. I wonder if it's this version of SimPE or because I have a vague recollection of messing with some setting in SimPE to get it to save to csv so as to be able to export a list of sims into the Sims2DB program.

Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 12, 12:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks Smiley, pretty glad its not my system going kaboom on some subzero level. Ill just change the clothes categories by changing the numbers in the property set.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: