More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:24:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  The One Shiny: Autonomy Control
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The One Shiny: Autonomy Control  (Read 97142 times)
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: The One Shiny: Autonomy Control
« Reply #25 on: 2008 September 22, 02:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.  I only have EPs as far as BV and it works perfectly well.  However, it does not work at all for 12s.  Please read the thread you've posted in.  I figured out how to use it from the people who wrote about their experience above.
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 September 22, 02:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The One Shiny for TS2OFB-TS2FT

Not for AL.  For OFB-FT.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 September 26, 01:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works for AL, too, the manual was penned before AL existed and hasn't been updated since nothing has been changed yet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 September 26, 02:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works for AL, too, the manual was penned before AL existed and hasn't been updated since nothing has been changed yet.

Don't cave in to the newbies. I downloaded this a couple days ago and just now opened the RTFM. It says, right at the top:

"The One Shiny for TS2OFB-TS2AL"

If newbies can't read, perhaps they shouldn't be allowed to *have*.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 September 26, 11:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They were probably talking about the thread header version in the first post, which is old.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 September 26, 13:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will proscribing pianos also include annoying shit like cheering, dancing to and sharing hobby tips? I don't mind autonomous playing, but I hate those side effects, so pianos have been banned from most lots since FT.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 September 26, 13:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they're actions launched from the piano, yes. If they're a sim-to-sim action or an emitter-based behavior, no.

Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 October 03, 07:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to include bubble blowers in the no autonomy actions? I have a family who has a venue business w/the bubble blowers and for a whle I had free will off and that drove me nuts to tell them everything to do. Then I d/led your mod and it works great except for that. They are constantly heading for the bubble blowers when I'm not watching them like a hawk. Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 October 03, 11:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This persists even when the bubble blowers are proscribed?

Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 October 03, 21:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't proscribe the bubble blowers. When I select a different sim, the only option I have when I click on the bubble blower is to blow bubbles! Everything else works great.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 October 04, 00:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought the way to proscribe something with the One Shiny was to click on the sim doing the autonomous annoyance with the sim doing the autonomous annoyance, select autonomous, and select proscribe.  Selecting another, non-autonomous-annoyance-using sim would be non-productive.  Perhaps you should try that?
Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 October 06, 00:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least in my game the only way I've been able to proscribe something is w/another sim in the family. Just now the daughter decided to play in the tub, but I can't proscribe that or the bubble blower w/anybody in the family.

ETA: I'm not sure why I wasn't able to proscribe them before, but I finally got it. I had tried before w/everybody in the family, but wasn't able to do it. It worked this time!
« Last Edit: 2008 October 06, 07:38:25 by Sonshine » Logged
OniRyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 October 15, 18:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks great but i have one (probably stupid newbie type) question as far as clarifying by cat and by guid. If i proscribe a couch by category, then EVERYTHING inside the same category in the buy mode which is listed inside the couch sub-group is banned but if i do it by guid only that specific type of couch is banned? Similarly if i ban a computer by category it will also ban TVs since they are in the same sub-group of electronics > tv/computer?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 October 15, 22:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Category" is a specific technical term for object classification that is not openly visible to the player, but typically encompasses all objects that behave exactly like that: "Beds", "Counters", "TVs", "Computers", etc.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 October 16, 03:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Category" is a specific technical term for object classification that is not openly visible to the player, but typically encompasses all objects that behave exactly like that: "Beds", "Counters", "TVs", "Computers", etc.

any atypicals we should know about?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 October 16, 06:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If an object does not have a category, blocking it by category will not appear as an option, so don't worry about it.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 October 16, 22:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does setting a global proscription effect other neighborhoods too, or just the current one?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 October 17, 00:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just current. There is nothing that is safe to touch that is global to the entire game.

tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 October 18, 01:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love the idea of this hack Smiley

couple of problems.
Pie menu typo - the exemption came up with 'by category' twice.  I assume one of those is meant to say GUID.
TV's lost most of their menu.  Could not change channel/watch movie.  The only options still there were work-out and turn off.

Removing this hack gave me my tv menu's back.
No conflicts reported and no errors while playing in debug mode.

I made an Undiscovered Shiny that stops the motive-reset part of resetting, but Fat Gwilly People haven't asked. Plus I think its installation causes a reset.

Not sure yet if it was this hack or the one I'm writing that caused a lot reset in my game when installed.  But autonomycontrol caused a lot reset when removed.

I like the sound of that hack too.   What do I need to do to qualify as a Fat Gwilly?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 October 18, 01:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

couple of problems.
Pie menu typo - the exemption came up with 'by category' twice.  I assume one of those is meant to say GUID.
Am not able to reproduce this. Take a screenshot when you see it.

TV's lost most of their menu.  Could not change channel/watch movie.  The only options still there were work-out and turn off.

No conflicts reported and no errors while playing in debug mode.
I seriously doubt this is related, because no TVs or other objects or anything related to menus are modified globally in any way. In fact, this hack would only have any global effect when a sim is running autonomy (which never happens as part of an explicit click). I suspect the two behaviors are unrelated and the fact that it came back when yanked out is purely coincidence.

Not sure yet if it was this hack or the one I'm writing that caused a lot reset in my game when installed.  But autonomycontrol caused a lot reset when removed.

I like the sound of that hack too.   What do I need to do to qualify as a Fat Gwilly?[/quote]
I think I already rolled it into antipeeobsession, it was all part of motive-init.

tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 October 19, 06:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The picture is pretty useless.
Tried to attach it anyway but the forum wouldn't allow it.
Do you want me to make an ascii-art one? Wink

Looks like I followed this menu.
Autonomy.../Add.../Family.../Exemption.../$NameLocal:1.../By Category
'Family exemption' showed the wrong menu whereas 'personal exemption' was fine.

The TV menu problem didn't come back after I re-installed this hack  Smiley
So yes, strange coincidence.

Thanks, I installed antipeeobsession.  Looks useful but don't think it's the anti-motives-reset.
ah.. hang on.  The room No > 0
My sim had just returned from a uni class when I saved.
So as he was outside on the pavement he got the reset as per normal.  Won't do that again now I know Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 October 19, 09:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like I followed this menu.
Autonomy.../Add.../Family.../Exemption.../$NameLocal:1.../By Category
'Family exemption' showed the wrong menu whereas 'personal exemption' was fine.
Fixed all the issues like this. Get new version.

Thanks, I installed antipeeobsession.  Looks useful but don't think it's the anti-motives-reset.
ah.. hang on.  The room No > 0
My sim had just returned from a uni class when I saved.
So as he was outside on the pavement he got the reset as per normal.  Won't do that again now I know Smiley
Room must be > 0 because sims that presumably DO need to be initialized for motives (because you just moved them in) are offlot somewhere, or by your mailbox. Therefore, that test is in place. Sims that are INSIDE the house have obviously moved there, so therefore, do not need a motive reinitialization and are thus not given one.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 October 31, 17:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What am I doing wrong?

Sim goes to fridge and pulls out a turkey. Clicking at this point only proscribes the fridge so I let him put it on the counter and continue to prepare it. Now I have the option to proscribe the Turkey, which I do by GUID.

Next day he pulls out a turkey again. So I try proscribing by category (blocks 36 items so I guess this is all food types) so I changed it back. Tried proscribing the whole lot instead of just that one Sim, which I should have done in the first place.

Next day he pulls out a turkey again.

I do not have custom foods, nor custom fridges on the lot.

ETA: Proscription doesn't appear to work on any of the foods that I have tried proscribing, whether by Sim or by lot.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 07, 14:37:50 by magicmoon » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 November 07, 14:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Proscribing a food isn't a meaningful choice to stop them from cooking. Proscribing the FRIDGES should do the job. As for why he is pulling out a turkey, I have no idea. Are you using Food Eats You? If so, Food Eats You ignores the fridge proscription because it is not an "autonomous" command, but rather, a command launched from Macrotastics. It is therefore an Intelligent command and you should just disregard the sim's behavior and let Macrotastics intelligently select and utilize the food. However, to prevent food annoyancesl ike this, you must proscribe the fridge (So sims cannot use the fridge on their own). To then stop them from starving to death, install Food Eats You.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 November 09, 04:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got this error.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 09, 06:09:09 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: