More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:19:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  The One Shiny: Autonomy Control
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The One Shiny: Autonomy Control  (Read 97105 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
The One Shiny: Autonomy Control
« on: 2008 August 17, 14:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is it. This is the One Shiny.

autonomycontrol.zip

The One Shiny for TS2OFB-TS2FT
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Rohina the Ugly Butted
Fat Gwilly People
LolKofi
Notovny

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Restrain the townies who oft drop by. Inhibit the playables with homes of
their own. Bridle the Students who refuse to die. The Choice of Autonomy is
now yours alone. One Hack permits them All. One Hack Denies Them.  By Group
or Sim, it is your call, Autonomy Defies them, in the Directory of Downloads,
where the .package lies.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2OFB+.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
moodycatte
Asinine Airhead

enfp

View Profile
Re: The One Shiny: Autonomy Control
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 18, 00:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did some quick testing with this, using a sim with very low energy on a lot with one sofa. I had the sim nap, and then I went into the autonomy menu and went to add/personal/proscription/(sofa's name)/by category. Then I canceled the napping in the queue.

I then put the game in full speed and the sim eventually went for a nap.

Isn't the sim suppose to not nap autonomously with that option on?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 18, 01:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be sure that you have updated. Also, be sure that the action is occurring through the autonomous selection and not the Motive Helper "energy desperation" action. That is a seperate thing that operates differently.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
raattgift
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 18, 08:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neat.  It popped sleeping sims out of bed, but did not reset motives.  The menus are kinda deep, and I think the menu would flow more naturally with this ordering: Autonomy > object > Add > Proscription > Personal, however I may change my mind as I impose more divine laws on my playthings.

No error log was generated (not even in debug mode).

All MATY stuff I use is current.

More specifically what happens is that as I visit each lot for the first time after installing autonomycontrol, sims who were in the middle of doing things at save time are no longer doing them.  This is most obvious for sims who were asleep (which is my commonest case of "doing things" at save time) are suddenly standing by their beds in whatever they wore to sleep in the first place.   Toddlers that had been undergoing forced skillination are found a square away from the toys hey had been using, stowed infants have leaked onto the floor.

If a remotely useful looking iota of attachable information drops iteself onto my filesystem when I visit an as yet unvisited lot, I will add it here.

Re-checked versions and visited an as-yet-unvisited-since-installing-autonomycontrol lot.   OETreeDelete.xls is the only log file that has grown, and it contains only the usual junk.   You can have it if I am underestimating its utility, though.

This is not a reset catastrophe as tends to happen when installing killers of young mammals; motives remain the same as do Base Times and the like from your favourite Abomination.   I am happy to integrate this in my head as "Wtf! Earthquake!" dumping the neighbourhood's underslept and underwashed sims into postures that would make Boltzmann happy.   He already chuckles at the temperature differences between adjacent lots and his resemblance to El Presidente.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 20, 05:27:12 by raattgift » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 18, 09:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it "popped" them out of bed, you might want to reupdate or attach the error log. A bug regarding that was fixed earlier.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 18, 19:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-nabs- Awesome. Now if only we could all have ugly buttedness, endless peeing, etc in our games. Awesomeland for all!

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 21, 22:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! I just love new shinies! *grabs*

More specifically what happens is that as I visit each lot for the first time after installing autonomycontrol, sims who were in the middle of doing things at save time are no longer doing them.  This is most obvious for sims who were asleep (which is my commonest case of "doing things" at save time) are suddenly standing by their beds in whatever they wore to sleep in the first place.   Toddlers that had been undergoing forced skillination are found a square away from the toys hey had been using, stowed infants have leaked onto the floor.

I seem to get this same thing when entering lots for the first time after installing new mods, etc. Not sure why this happens, but I guess I never really thought much of it.

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 21, 23:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a reset. Patches will do the same thing. Motives should be maxed as well. A good habit to get into is to always stop your gameplay at 6:00 am or roundabout, that way the reset isn't at all inconvenient.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 22, 00:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made an Undiscovered Shiny that stops the motive-reset part of resetting, but Fat Gwilly People haven't asked. Plus I think its installation causes a reset.

raattgift
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 23, 12:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha, if this is a generalizable shiny that causes resets to affect actions-in-progress but not motives (or ACR base times or asp scores or the like), then it is very shiny indeed.   (I mean "generalizable" in the sense that it could prevent motive resets caused by the installation and removal of experimental awesomeware, as well as typical non-awesome and (crossing fingers) EAxis cruft without having to coordinate with the cruft-writers at all.)

I think the last reset I had was when I infested my Macintoy with BV or perhaps a subsequent update of one of the small furry animal killing devices.  Terminated sleep + motive reset + ACR = Bonoboland.   Fappability decreases asymptotically with the number of such monkeyhouses visited.  After ten or so, I begin to ask myself if The Sims 2 would be better with more STDs than mere pregnancy.   

On the bright side, autonomycontrol lets me simulate microbial infections that affect the CNS in ways that cause aversions and maybe phobias analogously to how Toxoplasma gondii and the like can cause OCD.  The absence of a contagion mechanism is awfully non-parsimoniously theistic in a "free-willed" simverse (Player: "Naughty sim, you woohooed the town bicycle, now you have a disease which prevents you from using toilets!").   On the other hand, a small constant probability per woohoo is justifiable (e.g. mechanical chafing leads to infection from pathogens endemic to the sim environment; no need for sim-to-sim transmission, so no need for any checks on woohoo history) for those that are inclined to roll dice or consult PRNGs.

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 24, 15:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting to think I must have missed something here. I've played 5 or 6 different sim playable lots these last couple of days (after installing this mod) and apparently they keep resetting. The sims stand in one place and resets all the time. No autonomy at all. And by the way, read in a dictionary that exemption and proscription means liberate and ban. Am I right in thinking that proscription therefore means the sim can't do the action autonomously while exemption means the opposite?
*confused*
Anyway, I took out all hacks except Awesomeware, which is up to date. Am I supposed to take out some other awsome hack?

- INTJ -
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 24, 16:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you are using the latest version. If the issue continues, attach log.

ninefold
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 25, 23:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the latest version and the tai chi controller is not being correctly proscribed.  Sims will continue to autonomously perform Tai Chi.
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 25, 23:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could anyone explain what this hack actually does?  I've read the manual, this thread and done a search of the forums and am still unsure.  I'm looking for something along the lines of "this is what happens today", "this is what will happen if you click on this button with the hack in".

If this is one of those hacks that can only be used by people smart enough to figure out what's going on based on the description in the first post, I'm okay with that too.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 25, 23:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It basically provides fine control over the sim's autonomous actions. Sim is doing something, you click on sim, you can make action non-autonomous or autonomous for sim, lot, whole hood.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 25, 23:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very cool.

One followup question - once you start making actions autonomous, will a sim *only* do those autonomous actions, or will they still do other autonomous actions in addition to the actions you have identified?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 26, 00:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't make an action autonomous. Only make things non-autonomous. To make an action autonomous requires hard-editing te pie menu and a definition of what motives the action satisfies, which is impractical. This only strikes inappropriate actions from the roster.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 August 26, 01:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, then what's the purpose of the 'exception' option -- to keep the autonomy?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 August 26, 03:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PUtting an exception will override a proscription on something. Usually, the main use is to say something like "Don't Touch X, Except for That Specific Type", or maybe you just want to globally prohibit all instruments, except for the designated musicianists.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 August 27, 20:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, basically, this replaces 'no autonomous [whatever]' mods with in-game controls? (Something like the new Ingelogical system only with fewer files?) And the in-game controls will let you say 'NO KICKYBAG FOR YOU!' to the Sim you're controlling, or everyone, or everyone EXCEPT the Sim you're controlling, and so on? (Am I understanding this right?)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 August 28, 01:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, kickybag is a social, so no. Basically it allows you to exclude items. Socials behave in odd ways.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 August 28, 18:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh, that makes sense... it's a "leave that thing alone!" mod.

...will it work with custom objects that have new functions too? And how broad is the prohibition? Can you use it to say "nobody can use Easel A except Sim A, and nobody can use Easel B except Sim B" or... well, really I should just get it in the game and play with it, shouldn't I? (But I LIKE reading the friendly manual.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 September 01, 13:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The prohibition can be assigned by category, if a category exists, or by GUID. So what you are looking for "Sim A using Easel A, Sim B using Easel B", is best accomplished by door lockings and not by autonomy control. What you CAN do, however, is prohibit Sim B from using easels, PERIOD. Why you wish to prohibit an individual sim, a household of sims no matter where they are, all the sims on a given lot, or the entire neighborhood from autonomously using a specific type or entire class of item is up to you.

For instance, in Awesomeland, newspapers are proscribed because standard practice is to bury them beneath foundations or under roofs to render them inaccesslble, so as to suppress daiy newspaper delivery (and the spawning of a paperboy), on all lots. Sims, however, sometimes decide to attempt to mess with the inaccessibles, which is an effort doomed to both time-wasteage and failure. So newspapers are proscribed. Computers are similarly autonomously proscribed because I detest SSX3 and the practice of visitors messing with your computers. All computer usage is thus regulated by Macrotastics.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 September 17, 17:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So would this be "The One Shiny" that you referred to when I asked about autonomous instrument use on hotel lots a while back?
Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 September 22, 01:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it that this hack is only for AL? I don't have that ep just yet, but I will soon. I downloaded and installed it, but I have no autonomy actions at all regardless of what I click on. If this is only for AL, then I'll remove it until I get that ep.

ETA: I figured it out and it works.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 22, 03:33:20 by Sonshine » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: