More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:01:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Flower arranging borked?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flower arranging borked?  (Read 4999 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Flower arranging borked?
« on: 2008 August 09, 20:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last time I had any of my sims do flower arranging was prior to installing FT and the florist bench was working just fine. There were a couple of now deceased sims who got their gold badges and made a few snapdragons no problem at all. I've bought a couple of florist benches for the Uglybutt family and had both Rohina and B using them. First off it seemed to take forever to get their bronze flower arranging badge, something like 40+ daisies when I thought it used to take 30. Secondly, and more importantly, now they have their badges the options for making the next tier of flowers is not available, so no tulips. Is this a known bug, or have I borked something? I did a search and I think the only reference I could find was from Zazazu who thought the skilling was taking longer but no mention of missing flower arrangement options. If it makes any difference I think I'm still running the first (withdrawn) patch with a no CD crack exe on a legit game - all EPs/FFS/GLS/H&M.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Flower arranging borked?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 09, 23:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tested it in my unpatched FreeTime game.  40, perhaps 41 daisies (at triple speed, I may have missed one) to the bronze badge, and then the tulips showed up just fine for me.  I think you broke it, unless it's a patch issue.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 10, 06:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe these sims are clueless compared with the ones you remember?  Speed of learning flower arranging is linked to creativity skill and some personality trait (playful?).  DK if that means it takes more daisy bouquets to earn that badge or if each bouquet takes longer.  Also, if your old sims used to have snapdragons around and these new guys don't, they'll have to take more comfort breaks which means the elapsed time to learn will be even longer. ............... Or maybe you broke it............

I think the new sewing badges take forever to learn and comfort drops really fast for that and potting, but then I'm used to having snapdragons around.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
powercut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 10, 10:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done this several times on all the OFB benches since installing FT and 40+ items seems to be the norm for the first badge. I always started with the associated skill maxed out as well, so that wasn't an issue.
The missing tulips option does sound like borkage, though.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 10, 19:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who was randomized with a silver flower-arranging badge. Just checked in my all-EP game, FT patch3 with crack, and she has the option to make tulips.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 10, 19:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After carefully checking through all my hacks I've tracked the problem down to the Parsimonious Soulberry Aromatherapy object(s). I suppose my next move is to determine if it's one in particular that's causing the problem or all of them. I've also reported it on the Parsimonious support page. At the moment the flower arranging works perfectly without them in the game and is borked with them in the downloads. Grrr... and I updated to the patch3 as well in the hope that would fix it, but it was broken exactly the same way there.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 10, 20:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that Parsimonious aromatherapy thing causes a lot of FT problems, so it's probably wise to dump it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 11, 08:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm - I guess it's off topic, but maybe I ought to have a look in my game for something that might have borked my gardening badges.  I had a sim earn her first gardening badge and kept her gardening like crazy.  I wondered why she never earned that silver badge until I noticed she could talk to plants and discovered that badge was gold!  Nothing in memory about bronze or silver.  I can't face digging into my downloads again, so I'm going to pretend it was a glitch until it happens again.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 11, 14:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't get memories for bronze/silver badges, just for gold.  (Unless you were referring to your memory? Smiley )The little badge appears over the head when they earn it, and I think the game also gives a little message in the top right corner.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 12, 06:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahh..mmm...duh... so I actually only have to worry about my own memory... 

There were no messages.  Maybe they didn't show because I had the game running on fast because I was bored with watching her garden.   That's a relief anyway!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: