More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 10:57:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: August
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: August  (Read 168674 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
EAxis House of Fail: August
« on: 2008 August 01, 05:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

73 Road To Nowhere.

Rules, copy-pasta'd from last month:

1. No CC.  Please indicate needed expansions and stuff packs so people who wish to download your lot know what to expect.  Pictures are required, either available for download, on a slideshow, or posted in this thread.

2. By entering this challenge, you agree to take constructive criticism.  If you wish to judge someone else's entry, you should be respectful but honest.

3. Your lot does not have to be Awesomespec, although it is encouraged.

4. You may move internal walls and add external walls but you may NOT move original external walls.

5. Lots may be furnished, unfurnished, or partially furnished.  You can even upload both furnished and unfurnished versions.

*PLEASE NOTE* Since this is an Eaxis-designed lot, it may or may not have level edges.  Place at your own risk.

New for this lot:
6. Basement must be left in, however, it can be expanded. It must not be made smaller!

(Use Clean Installer to install as I got this from my game which has all EPs/SPs. If not, you can get the original lot from a clean install of your game. Just rename the 'Sims 2' folder and run the game to generate.)

Download 73 Road to Nowhere.zip

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Fail: August
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 01, 07:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG Emma, your so mean!

(Actually the proportions aren't too bad).

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 01, 08:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it is a bit of a stinker. Grin

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 01, 08:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh good choice. I loathe that house. It's up there with Harmonious Haven in the "What were they thinking?" (or not) stakes.  Shocked

I shall look foward to changing this...
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 01, 09:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wtf is up with that narrow passage to the front door? I can just see sims get stuck there. Forever.

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 01, 10:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, I knew you'd still pick this one!

*Eleonora moons Emma

I'll have a go at this one, was thinking about turning it into one of those 'Elizabethan" houses Veronaville has, or maybe something cottage-y. One question though, does the decking at the back have to be retained, or can I sledgehammer it?

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 01, 10:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we have to keep the fences? I'm just wondering in case the external walls rule applies to fences as well for some reason.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 01, 11:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think fences or decking qualify as major. Any change you could make in real life without blasting or a wrecking ball should be fair game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 01, 11:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... do stairs apply as well?

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 01, 11:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving the stairs have never been an issue before.

I'm wondering if there's a reason for the cellar to be a floor and a half deep...

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 01, 12:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To keep the screams being heard by hapless future victims visiting guests?

twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 01, 13:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rebuilt this house of fail on a flat lot, and I'm pretty sure than other than the non-level edges, terrain bumps, and weird splotchy terrain paint, I made it just like the stupid original.  I plan to start with my slightly-less-fail version if that's OK.  So, I can has level edges, plz?

Anyway, what an interesting challenge this house will be.  Is it possible that EAxis has ever made a worse house than this one?

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 01, 14:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't notice the lot didn't have level edges until I was nearly done. D: Waaah.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 01, 14:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd fix the edges and share a fixed file, but unfortunately I'm stuck in Indiana until midday Sunday. Why didn't I check this last night? Why?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 01, 15:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually happy that you picked this one, Emma.

I've forced many sims to live in it and I have a weird nostalgia in it's general direction.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 01, 15:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the house I put my very first TS2 sim in.  Until she got stuck in an eternal pregnancy (her first).  I moved her & her husband to another lot and she had the baby immediately upon move in to the new lot.  Good thing I moved them as they went on to have 9 kids eventually, and that house would have been too small, especially as I was still in Sims 1 frame of mind when it came to building or expanding (i.e. sims like BIG rooms, the bigger the better).

So yeah, I feel kinda nostalgic about that lot too.  This month's House of Fail will be interesting.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 01, 16:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like Kyna, this house was my very first exposure to TS2. It was also my first building project. It drove me so nuts that I moved half of my family out & the game popped up with 'would you like to put these sims in the sim bin'. Of course I didn't want to throw them out, so I said no, and then I couldn't find them (gee, I wonder why! Tongue) and I got so upset it was another two years before I played Strangetown again.

This is also the house that made me very aware that sims can't scooch across the bed & get very cranky about having only one side of the double bed accessable in that horribly narrow basement.

So far it's taken me four and a half hours, and I'm still not done. I'm going to bed. Cheesy

*ETA omission due to fatigue.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 August 01, 17:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't notice the lot didn't have level edges until I was nearly done. D: Waaah.

You can fix your lot with LotAdjuster.  I just didn't figure this out until after I had rebuilt it.  Tongue

Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 August 01, 17:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ornery woman, anyway! I can't wait to get a shot at this one! Grin
*throws sloppy sponges at Emma

It's definitely a challenge, esp with that PITA narrow walkway. I've never played that one, though. Off I go to see what sort of disaster I can create out of it.

That's the house I put my very first TS2 sim in. *snip*
So yeah, I feel kinda nostalgic about that lot too.  This month's House of Fail will be interesting.
I had the same nostalgic feeling over 190 Sim Lane as my first family is still there. I haven't been able to bring myself to go play them again as the founders are about to become elders. I just don't want to do that to them for some reason.

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 August 01, 17:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could townify your founders and have them live in non-aging limbo forever. 

This house has potential.  Maybe August will be better than July for me to take on some building.

Tribulatio proxima est
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 August 01, 21:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance someone may share their FLAT-tened lot?

(sorry, channeling Tebqoter)

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 August 01, 21:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here! The only change I made after using the LotAdjuster was using the 'flatten lot' tool to ensure proper flatness was achieved, which I forgot to undo before I packaged it up. Zipped with 7-zip.

(PS - I just spent some time working with it. The original long skinny entryway, which is made with *non-deletable external walls,* is a bitch to work around. Tongue)

* 73 Road to Nowhere_Flat.7z (405.37 KB - downloaded 648 times.)

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 August 01, 21:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the outside this is a traditional family home, with garage, fishpond, and greenhouse ($199.000).  It has three front doors, and a rear exit, so sims can at least get out if the entrance is blocked by visitors. Eventually it will be as traditional inside as out, once the current occupier has found his/her niche in life, got a partner, started a family etc.  Said partner will hopefully tear down those awful curtains and redecorate throughout - tastefully.

Currently the house is set up for a young, single person who fancies him/herself as trendy.  So the decor is ... eclectic.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, as I did this before the flattened lot was posted, so the edges are not level and it would definitely bork your hood.  If you're curious, though, you can get it at

http://www.4shared.com/file/57418443/4594cdb4/Jims_Nowhere.html

Front:

Basement: set up as a little pleasure centre.

Ground floor layout:

Living/dining room (with the one desk):

Kitchen:

Nursery:

First floor layout:

Master bedroom/bathroom:

Guest bedroom/bathroom

Balcony: Technically this is off-limits to guests, so you couldn't set up your own rock band, unless you put in a door from the lounge area to the hall.  The occupier is obviously hoping to produce a musical family some years down the line.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 August 01, 22:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jim, it's gorgeous! Love the exterior wallcover choices and the landscaping. And while I'm not usually a fan of purple, your living/dining area is really pretty (I like the effect of the repeating paintings). Also really like the nursery playroom's colours and carpeting. Good show, jim!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 August 01, 22:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very pretty jim Grin I love the entrance!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: