More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 04:42:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Two questions: Ageless cat and non-romantic adult
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two questions: Ageless cat and non-romantic adult  (Read 3805 times)
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Two questions: Ageless cat and non-romantic adult
« on: 2008 August 07, 16:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After a fruitless search of the comm, I have two questions still nagging me.

1.  A maxis stray added to a household via debug/boolprop/tombstone (whatever you want to call it) is not aging.  Aging is definitely enabled for the household.

2.  Sim teen aged to adult using the FT "age with" option has no high level romantic interactions available to him.  He is one of three different teen to adult agings (all using FT option--all involving the same family) and is the only one that is defective.  Of the three teen to adult agings, the defective fellow was actually on the lot at the time of his aging.  Even after removing the "no instant love" hack, still no love/high romantic interactions.

As far as hacks/mods are concerned, I have the DC (minus a few things I don't want, like macrostatics and the aforementioned romance mod and no instant love) and one or two other hacks all listed as awesome compatible, and inSim.

I have also checked all hacks/mods for duplicates and saw nothing (and no new cc of any type has been added since that check).

I have been able to work around issue #2 but worry issue #1 might pose a problem later (like when I want the damn cat to get old and eventually die).

Advice.

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
Re: Two questions: Ageless cat and non-romantic adult
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 07, 16:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might be able to work around the first problem by aging the cat manually using the Heirloom Cake from Simlogical.

As to the second, the only idea that comes to mind immediately would be to install ACR and see if the casual interactions work with him. However, you probably wouldn't want to keep that around while taking pictures for your stories, unless you want your sims to, well, to put it bluntly, autonomously screw each other a lot. That might be hilarious in the Percy/Albert/Pascal household, though. ACR can be found at Simbology.

Please update Nocheat. I have nothing to read.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 07, 16:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you already have insim, have you used it to select your non-aging teen and check him out. Using the 'age sims' cheat on teens (prior to FT) caused them to age up but not choose aspirations and not have romantic interactions (as they still had 'grow up' so were technically children). It'd be worth a check to make sure he aged properly and if not, put him in the aspiration reward and give him LTWs and all so the game sees him as a teen.

Unsouper
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 07, 17:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She had him as a teen originally, and aged him up to adult.
Reading comprehension?

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 07, 18:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you already have insim, have you used it to select your non-aging teen and check him out. Using the 'age sims' cheat on teens (prior to FT) caused them to age up but not choose aspirations and not have romantic interactions (as they still had 'grow up' so were technically children). It'd be worth a check to make sure he aged properly and if not, put him in the aspiration reward and give him LTWs and all so the game sees him as a teen.
It sounds like an incomplete transition, like I had with fway's item unlockers hack (which he's pulled). My issue was on child-to-teen, but some teens then would only have child interaction options. I'd use a teleporter to get the adult on-lot, then make him selectable and age down and then up. Use Sim Blender, InSim (does it do that? I don't have it) or in-game cheat Sim Modder. Remake into townie, if need be.

For the cat, I've had similar and I think there was something wrong with the days left in age when I checked with SimPE. Changing that to something normal worked. The pet was aging, it just was aging from 1000 days left or somesuch so it wasn't changing the display. Sort of like Terrence Rowe...he has 500 days left in elderhood and no change happens at 6pm.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 07, 18:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(ooh, sorry this had to be moved, I debated where it should go and got it wrong)

Anyway, I hadn't even thought about looking at the cat in simPe.  I'll have to try that (truthfully, I haven't tried anything yet, I like to get advice first).  I hope that fixes the cat, since she's going to end up in my long running story.

So it sounds like the defective sim is just a random glitch?  I'm not overly concerned about him since he's just a throw away sim (sperm donor for my poverty challenge--but the lot's full so I don't need him anymore).

(psst, tsenatserix, I'm working on some new Peculiar right now--and Nocheat will be crossing over--the borked cat is in Nocheat--and no, no ACR for me.  The PAP household would implode from all the sexing.)

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 09, 09:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  A maxis stray added to a household via debug/boolprop/tombstone (whatever you want to call it) is not aging.  Aging is definitely enabled for the household.
There are 2 "add sim" options on the tombstone of L&D.  The easy one that you use when the sim is on the lot is bugged and has been since base game.  I didn't know it applied to pets as well as sims, but it obviously does.  Back in base game, I made a Foster home for ex-townie kids using the tombstone and they didn't age.  It was a huge problem at the time for me when we didn't have all the options we have now.  If you insist on using the tombstone of L&D use the option that involves scrolling through every sim in the hood instead.  that works  I think it's "add neighbour to household".  Better to summon the pet to the lot (with cheat if nec - does Inge's teleporter shrub in Taster's choice work for pets?), make friends (cheat if you wish) and adopt normally.

2.  Sim teen aged to adult using the FT "age with" option has no high level romantic interactions available to him.  He is one of three different teen to adult agings (all using FT option--all involving the same family) and is the only one that is defective.
Could be co-incidence - Nuke all the attraction markers with the lotdebugger and try again (on the memories sub-menu).  Frigid sims are a known phenomenon (search on frigid... avoiding retardo land!) and nuking attraction markers should fix it.  Also various high level romance options are closed off unless the sim has had that first kiss.  Makeout isn't for some bizarre reason though.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: