More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:36:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How long does Louis Aspir live anyway?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How long does Louis Aspir live anyway?  (Read 26174 times)
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How long does Louis Aspir live anyway?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 29, 19:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got him to live to the ripe old age of 117 before death came and got him for good.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 30, 07:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I start getting sick of them if they live past 70... which all of them do. It's sad, really: I love them Infant-Adult, but once they hit Elder, I am immediately annoyed by them and just wish they'd die already.

Why do I even keep the Elders?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 30, 09:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because elders are usually permaplat, I often use them to try things out, like the vacation collections and the bugs one etc. Plus they all develop an interest in gardening, oddly enough. (I was disappointed with the gold sewing badge, I thought they got to make new clothes, not just ones already available). I keep elders with the families, otherwise I probably wouldn't play them. Elders make great babysitters. I enjoy ageing them gradually with the full face masks too. I like my elders to look elder.

I am getting rid of the Joque family once Renee marries out. The female - can't remember her name - Sophia? - has turned into an ageing movie star a la Zsa Zsa Gabor; what she doesn't know is that Marcel is about to undergo a spiritual revelation and move them both into the monastery with Lapsang Souchong. Heh.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 30, 12:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I was disappointed with the gold sewing badge, I thought they got to make new clothes, not just ones already available).

They do get to make custom clothes with the gold badge -- not that the custom clothes are any great shakes, but they do get to make them.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 30, 12:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but only if you want to FUBAR your game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 30, 12:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, because they still write them to a game file (objects.package, I believe?).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 30, 12:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about recolours of Maxis Meshes?

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 30, 13:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but only if you want to FUBAR your game.

uh-oh.  I haven't heard of this before just now.  What are the sypmtoms if this happens?  And can it be avoided by just not making any clothes?  That kinda sucks.  Is there no fix?

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 July 30, 14:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made custom and game cloths as well as special ones at gold level with no issues to my game at all. The only thing I have ever experienced is a slow spot the first time they get to make cloths when the items are loading for choosing.  It pauses like when someone leaves the lot to go to work or school, other than that it works fine. 

What is happening to others?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 July 30, 15:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I start getting sick of them if they live past 70... which all of them do. It's sad, really: I love them Infant-Adult, but once they hit Elder, I am immediately annoyed by them and just wish they'd die already.

Why do I even keep the Elders?
I use TwoJeff's AgeDurationHack, so they annoy me a lot less now. They only live 10-12 days as elders. I'm currently waiting on a particularly boring elder to kick it for my story-driven 'hood to move forward, which will happen right on schedule since I'm waiting for AL's release, building up the constructed area, and playing Teardrop Isle at the same time.

Honestly, I'm interested in my sims from teen to first reproduction. After that, they are usually just filler to me. Right now, the only adults I like are Asher Bleu (since he pops up everywhere and is just your average nice guy) and Cutter Bryson (narcissistic cultist with a plan).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 July 30, 16:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uh-oh.  I haven't heard of this before just now.  What are the sypmtoms if this happens?  And can it be avoided by just not making any clothes?  That kinda sucks.  Is there no fix?
There are no visible symptoms, until you try to patch, then you discover your core packages are FUBAR.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2008 July 31, 05:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use elder grandparents as an alternative to the nanny. Retire, if they're employed (though I'm thinking I might just have them quit in future, I have one retired elder couple gaining $1k/day between them) and pretty much power idle and babysit for the rest of their lives.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 July 31, 06:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no visible symptoms, until you try to patch, then you discover your core packages are FUBAR.

What kinds of problems does this cause? Other than not being able to patch, I mean. I've definitely had a few Sims make custom clothes already.  Undecided

I sing along with elevator music.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 July 31, 06:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do get to make custom clothes with the gold badge -- not that the custom clothes are any great shakes, but they do get to make them.

Where are these custom clothes then? My sim got an option to make clothes and the normal wardrobe popped up. I saw all my cc and nothing new. Are they further back in the Maxis section? I won't make them if it fubars things, but I'd at least like to see them.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 July 31, 07:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not too sure, but I think it is on the original pie menu when clicking on the sewing machine. I've only ever had 1 sim with gold sewing badge and she was the Arts and Crafts hobby maven that I moved in with one of my sim families. I think there is 2 for clothes, 'make>outfit' and 'make>custom outfit' IIRC. I dunno which one it was.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 July 31, 08:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, so it was a fat-fingered problem. Cheers Emma.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 July 31, 13:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, Emma is right -- the option 'make>custom outfit' pops up on the sewing machine when the sim has a gold badge.  But the selection is limited (i.e., you only get a dress for an elder female), and aren't really worth the effort.  Better to have them make regular clothes from the catalog -- saves some simoleans and a shopping trip, anyway.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 July 31, 15:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the clothing (I think of it as Sims3 custom) has horrible meshes. The toddler and boy child items are oddly shaped. Really the only two I like are the elder ones. Terrence Rowe still sports a pair of slacks and sweater vest that Mystery made for him. All her creations were interestingly mismatched, as she was kind of an odd person. She kept her eyebrow and nose piercings as an elder.

Old photo:

I was looking for a better-lit one, but apparently the only time he showed up on a lot last round was during Victor & Wilfred's wedding. When there are kids in the founder's lot, he's everywhere.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 August 01, 04:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I discovered it was not so much fat fingers but a failure to notice the sim only had a silver badge. I saw clothing in the menu and presumed the badge was gold. By the time I get back around to playing a lot I've forgotten who's got what.

So now she's making a quilt.

Zazazu, all I can say, is they certainly look home made.

Would it matter if patch 3 was already installed? I mean three, because I installed the first bad* patch, as well as the next when it came out. I haven't yet installed the third and last patch.

*The patch itself wasn't bad, the fact that it altered the objects stuff was bad.  I hadn't made any custom clothing so I went ahead and installed it.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 August 01, 13:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, does this mean then that sims with a silver badge can make nice clothes (maxis or existing CC from catalogue), and when they graduate to gold badge, they suddenly gain the ability to make less attractive custom clothing?  How...exciting.  That would certainly make that gold badge worthwhile.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 August 01, 13:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it matter if patch 3 was already installed? I mean three, because I installed the first bad* patch, as well as the next when it came out. I haven't yet installed the third and last patch.
In theory? The patch is supposed to fix that. Do you really want to find out the hard way that it didn't? And where are those files being SAVED? Does anyone know? More importantly, why go through all that hassle and risk for some awful outfit that you could do better yourself in MSPAINT?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 August 01, 13:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And where are those files being SAVED? Does anyone know?

Apparently the custom clothes are still saved in objects.package.  I had one sim make some as an experiment after patch 3, and when she was done, the date of the FT objects.package changed to the current date, even though it was marked as read-only. It also wasn't read-only anymore.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 August 01, 13:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Compelling points raised here!

The quilts are probably the nicest part of the sewing game. Pity we couldn't have picked colours and patterns for the quilts and flagged the whole custom clothes thing.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 August 01, 13:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the custom clothes are still saved in objects.package.  I had one sim make some as an experiment after patch 3, and when she was done, the date of the FT objects.package changed to the current date, even though it was marked as read-only. It also wasn't read-only anymore.
I've found that read-only has basically no effect on TS2, TS2 just ignores it. If you REALLY want to make a file read-only, you have to deny write permissions in the permissions settings.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 August 01, 13:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So are quilts okay?

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: