More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:32:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Alien abduction in Free Time
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Alien abduction in Free Time  (Read 8245 times)
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Alien abduction in Free Time
« on: 2008 July 26, 08:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone knows how exactly the abduction rate works in Free Time. Before FT, I only had one single abduction ever that wasn't influenced by hacks or cheated (the abductee was a servo, heh). After getting FT, there is of course the 'Summon Aliens' option, but I've gotten two random abductions as well, one from 'search for UFOs' and one from 'search for constellations'.

What I wonder is whether the chances of being abducted have been raised for all telescope interactions, whether they're just raised for some of the new interactions (like "search for UFOs", which would make sense), or if I just was lucky when Don Lothario was abducted off his roof while searching for constellations. Does anyone have some numbers on this? Just curious.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Alien abduction in Free Time
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 27, 00:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to add that it would be handy to know the percentage odds of abductions resulting in pregnancies now.

Is it still 100% from plain old "stargaze," and just lower for the other options?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 27, 06:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to add that it would be handy to know the percentage odds of abductions resulting in pregnancies now.

Is it still 100% from plain old "stargaze," and just lower for the other options?

Yeah, I've heard different things about this as well. Every single adult male I've had 'summon aliens' did get pregnant though, as did Don when he was searching for constellations.
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 29, 19:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me every male that gets abducted gets pregnant.  If your sim has summon alien then it happens for me every time.  otherwise every other night if I have the sim using the telescope each night does it happen including my teens, though without Inteen your teens will not get knocked up.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 29, 20:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of which, do you still need a hack to get females knocked up via abduction? I know you used to, and I am sure that the hacks are now borked due to FreeTime.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 29, 20:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, females still can't get with alien child as far as I'm aware.

And I can confirm that Summon Aliens does not indeed result in pregnancy every time.

I had a family/knowledge fellow who wanted a butt-load of kids (so to speak), and I thought, "oh, this will be easy, I'll just give him a bunch of alien babies." It proved more tedious than I planned.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 29, 21:02:12 by buddha pest » Logged
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 29, 21:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need an awesome fix for this. *hint hint*

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 29, 21:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the possibility of abductions not always resulting in pregnancies, though I've yet to experience it. I had to stop using the telescope since FT, because I'm being overrun by aliens, and I love the alien sims.

I had one sim abducted, impregnated, and then abducted three more times before the birth. I think it's become too easy, it needs to be rarer (but not as rare as it was in the pre-FT days) or have less chance of pregnancy. Perhaps even both. Though, I am all for equal opportunity alien pregnancy.

Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 29, 22:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone knows how exactly the abduction rate works in Free Time. Before FT, I only had one single abduction ever that wasn't influenced by hacks or cheated (the abductee was a servo, heh). After getting FT, there is of course the 'Summon Aliens' option, but I've gotten two random abductions as well, one from 'search for UFOs' and one from 'search for constellations'.

I guess the rate increases according to your Science enthusiasm, I had a Sim with 10 points in Science enthusiam and she got abdcuted two times the same night without summoning aliens or using hacks, or cheats!
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 30, 01:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This alien abduction mod is working perfectly fine with FT. Plus it is made of awesome.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 30, 14:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you know if that hack conflicts with Inteen or Insim?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 30, 15:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it doesn't. I used all three together for a long while before I dumped inteen.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 30, 15:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Floopyboo.

Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 30, 22:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes baa floopyboo. My female sims are in for an interesting time now  Grin
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 30, 23:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does look like an interesting mod. I think I'd like it more if the odds were weighted a bit differently, though - say, 45% pregnancy, 20% werewolf, 15% vampire, 10% plantsim, and 10% no result. The reason I would weight the results that way is due to the relative difficulty of achieving the result unmodded (except for women getting pregnant, which, duh). I don't think I'd want to use the zombies version, as there's no saving throw, no cure potion, against that one. Probably a control issue on my part.  Wink

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 31, 02:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep it in because I have zombie apocalypse & my hood has a strict "no rez pls" rule. Once you're dead, you're dead. Unless, of course, you become differently alive by abduction, prank, or wish fulfilment.

So, I guess the only way that the zombie apocalypse will start is if someone gets a bad roll on their abduction.

AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 01, 00:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too would be interested in knowing if the stats changed with FT. I had several abductions before FT - about seven, maybe, without cheats or hacks in the year and a half I've played, but since FT, which I've had less than a month, I've averaged one abduction per game play session. As you can see, this is a lot higher than pre-FT.

Each abduction has resulted in pregnancy too but since none of them were the result of Summon Aliens I expected this.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: