More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:29:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Random Occurance Scenarios & Other Jade Stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Random Occurance Scenarios & Other Jade Stuff  (Read 37276 times)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Random Occurance Scenarios & Other Jade Stuff
« on: 2008 July 08, 03:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take no credit other than downloading it and uploading it. I got this from JadeElliot, but her blog is dead. It's an extensive and well-organized list of random events for your sims.

In this link, someone reposted a Jade tutorial a while ago. I don't know how long it will stay there, but I'll post here for now.
http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=46510&page=2&pp=25&highlight=thyme+tutorial

If anyone else has Jade's things that they think are worthwhile, I encourage you to post them as well.

* ROS.rar (13.62 KB - downloaded 3171 times.)
* ROS.txt (27.75 KB - downloaded 6901 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 08, 17:36:18 by kutto » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Random Occurance Scenarios (ROS)
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 08, 03:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, kutto, as I just posted in RL about its latest demise.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 08, 14:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this the same as the version posted by Aggie in Hook's Configurable Dice Rolling thread?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 08, 15:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe so. I was trying to make a RandomStuff-ready version last night, but some of the choices are so ungodly long that the script cuts off. Can't do it without rewriting about half of it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 08, 16:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this ROS is not RandomStuff ready. It's just a list of stuff that you can subject your sims to. From the post, it looked like Aggie was having troubles converting it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Random Occurance Scenarios & Other Jade Stuff
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 09, 05:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad I read these posts then, I was thinking of using the file with Hook's randomiser myself.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 09, 06:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, I have a ROS-inspired one I've been using for awhile. I will try with the other crap later...just spent the night making a comic-thing (Nanny FIGHT!) so I haven't had time.

* RandomOccurrences.txt (3.77 KB - downloaded 1230 times.)

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 09, 07:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers Zazazu, I'll have a look. Whether I can bring myself to bring pain and disaster to my happy little sims is another matter entirely.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 10, 06:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, RandomStuff version of the random occurrence scenarios. I took out most references to hacks as the ones she listed are unsupported. Obviously, prison stuff can still be achieve through use of Inge's prison tokens at Simlogical. Money functions can be handled through familyfunds, or through money order/Monique's computer.

I had to trim quite a few occurrences due to RandomStuff's length requirements, but they should still make sense.

* ROS for RandomStuff.txt (14.6 KB - downloaded 6734 times.)

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 11, 00:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I am thinking about right now is to have different random event lists for each life stage (each would have a combo of positive and negative events), and then an age-sorted list of playables. Then have the randomizer roll events for each life stage, such as 1 child, 1 teen, 1 YA, 2 adult, and 1 elder. As sims age up, their names get shuffled to the next life stage in the text file and then removed when they die. I don't have your strict method of playing 2-day rounds, so I maybe I'll just roll it once/season.

I do something very similar except I only have negative events.  I figure that I sufficiently keep my Sims happy; so, they really don't need any random positive events excluding the game given ones already. 

My negative events are pretty life-altering and include death, adulterous spouse, loss of a job, death of a child and death of a close family member.  I use each type of death as a separate event for the chosen Sim, but death of a child and death of a family member are each only considered 1 event (I determine which child/family member and how they die randomly afterwards).  So, it is likely that the chosen Sim will die somehow.  For YA, I add fail a semester of school to the events.

After the random event, I go a step further and roll a dice to see if the Sim will triumph over their negative event or go into a depression.  If they triumph, I may change their aspiration (re-evaluate their life goals based on the event), give them a genie lamp or fulfill their wants for a Sim week as best I can regardless of my plan.  If they slip into a depression, I fulfill their fears as best I can regardless of my plan for a Sim week.  While depressed, they will also provoke other Sims to fight.  If the random event was an adulterous spouse, I roll the dice to determine if they will divorce or not.

I use almost the same frequency of events as you except for elders.  Half of my elders are randomly chosen for accidental death simply because in reality the accidental death rate for elders is quite high compared to the other age groups (typically 3-10 times higher).  If I have a small YA group, I may exclude the death to that Sim options.

I always group my Sims based on when they were born into a generation (well, kind of a generation for lack of a better word).  Each generation ages together.  So, after aging each group appropriately, I determine the random events and they must be fulfilled before the generation ages.
It's funny, I spent some time working on this and then never did anything with it.  Smiley

Here, I'll attach a simple Excel file that I put together to organize random events by lifestage. Many of the scenarios were pulled from Jade's, but I think the yellow highlighted ones are ones I thought up on my own, or ideas from others in this thread.

Should be pretty self-explanatory. The idea was to sort by audience (each lifestage and household), and then input it into a text file to use with Hook's Randomizer. I just never got around to it. Maybe someone else interested in this concept will find it useful?

* randomeventsorganization.zip (11.81 KB - downloaded 1250 times.)

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
cocomo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 15, 22:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea where to put or what to do with this file (and trust me I've looked). Help!

Edit:  Never mind.  Figured it out.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 15, 23:20:34 by cocomo » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: