More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:10:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  FT and super fertility
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FT and super fertility  (Read 18492 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: FT and super fertility
« Reply #25 on: 2008 June 10, 06:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord. Eyeroll indeed. I have been wondering, though, is that soup very filling?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 June 10, 06:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims only ever need one serving usually, the pregnant ones sometimes come back for more.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 June 10, 14:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children can also ring for the nanny themselves if the adult - or god - forgets, I discovered the other day.

Yeah, or if daddy gets abducted by aliens for the umpteenth time... Roll Eyes

I think this is the only time I lost a kid to the social worker, apart from death of both parents in unfortunate fire.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 June 10, 14:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children can also ring for the nanny themselves if the adult - or god - forgets, I discovered the other day.

Yeah, or if daddy gets abducted by aliens for the umpteenth time... Roll Eyes

I think this is the only time I lost a kid to the social worker, apart from death of both parents in unfortunate fire.

Happened to me too-luckily he didn't get a memory of the baby being taken away and I got him to re-adopt.

LadyArgonna
Blathering Buffoon

Hello, Funny Farm? One's incoming...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 June 11, 08:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Emma: Did that memory just "luckily" not happen thanks to SimPE?   Wink

RIP The Duncan Legacy
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2008 June 11, 08:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I think it was because he was busy being probed at the time Cheesy I didn't cheat-honestly!

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 June 11, 15:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would kinda put all other things out of your mind.

Maybe it's intentionally that way? Since you can't help it if you get abduct-taped and whatnot.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 June 11, 21:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno. I've only had it happen once, so I haven't had any opportunity to test.

Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 June 13, 17:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found if you have FT and Family maxed to give more of a chance at twins you actually get them.  One family in FT the women got pregent then her husband got pregant by the alien both had a set of twins to go along with the daughter they already had.  Talk about a huge family and grandpa lived to be 110!

Mos to of the familys that have both parents with xtra change of twins get it or at least with my game.

As for the Nanny I used a hack from http://www.simwardrobe.com/ that keep the social worker from comming when children get hot/cold and found it keeps her off the lot permently.  I found that out when both parents went to work and the daughter got home from school and was alone, no message no social worker has ever showed up!  I even tested this by killing off both adults in another house where there were two toddlers.  No social worker ever.  I used the FT version.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 June 13, 20:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One family in FT the women got pregent then her husband got pregant by the alien both had a set of twins to go along with the daughter they already had. 

What is "pregent"? And what is "pregant?"

I was thinking "pregent" might have something to do with a sex-change operation?

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2008 June 13, 20:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering about the super fertility benefit, may have to carry out my own experiments later, but does the father's benefit affect the twin odds at all, or does the 'mother' have to have it? Also, does giving both parents the benefit increase the odds, or does it only apply once? (If it's just forcing a re-roll at each bump, it may still be using the standard twin odds?)

I have one family sim who I'm planning to let go at it, and see how many kids she gets. She has all the benefits already. Her husband's primary aspiration is wealth, so he doesn't have it. #1 is on the way, single birth, no bump yet. I'll take notes, perhaps report back once she's done having kids.

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 June 13, 22:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a quick look in SimPE and the increased chance of twins seems to be handled by the BHAV "FT - Family - More Twins" which is called when the pregnancy state updates. As far as I can make out it checks first if the mother has unlocked the twins 'superpower'. If she doesn't it then checks if the father has the twins 'superpower' unlocked. Either way as long as at least one parent has it, the game rolls a random percentage (0-100%) and checks if it is below a fixed percentage chance (50%). This would certainly fit in with the pattern of twin pregnancies I was getting which was roughly every other.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 June 14, 06:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's nice that it WORKS, but it's still USELESS. Either you do, or you do not, want twins. If you do, there's a way which is 100% reliable and does not cost anything. If you don't, this perk would be counterproductive. This "perk" is not a prerequisite for anything USEFUL. In fact, family-3 and family-4 are both entirely useless.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 June 14, 09:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have precisely one sim with family as the primary aspiration, and I don't really see that changing any time soon. Personally though, I prefer the elevated chance to the 100% chance, I even have a 'fix' for the cheesecake odds. Sims who I want to have single births will have single births, regardless of what they were going to have. But occasionally I like to let a family do what they will, give them a bit of free rein. (Though not free will, I have some standards.)

Mostly I was curious about the odds, and how they're applied. Which I now know.

Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 June 14, 13:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah yeah Yeah I am not the best of spellers.....
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 June 14, 13:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah yeah Yeah I am not the best of spellers.....

Please try, Brittany.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: