More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:54:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why no memory of Secret Society?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why no memory of Secret Society?  (Read 11849 times)
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Why no memory of Secret Society?
« on: 2005 July 25, 13:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it me or does it seem somewhat arbitrary what things Sims retain memories of? They remember every single A+ report card they ever got, but they don't get memories of being inducted into the Secret Society. If a total stranger came into my dorm, acted like a chicken, then handcuffed me and put me in a limo I think I'd remember it  Tongue Why don't they get memories of this? Is there a memory token for this at all, and if there is why am I not getting it?

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Why no memory of Secret Society?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 25, 13:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There simply is no memory of it. Speaking of the Secret Society, we have a few anti-secret-society-NPC-spams currently in testing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 25, 14:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*thwaps Maxis* I had a feeling that was the case. Maybe they'll fix this in the Uni patch we're supposedly getting now. I don't think they get memories of scholarships or dean's list either, do they...the memories that would actually be useful to have. Tongue

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 25, 14:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*thwaps Maxis* I had a feeling that was the case. Maybe they'll fix this in the Uni patch we're supposedly getting now. I don't think they get memories of scholarships or dean's list either, do they...the memories that would actually be useful to have. Tongue

Jen

All sims get memories when they qualify for scholarships before entering college.  In addition they get regular Dean's list spam along with other family members getting the Dean's list spam.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 25, 16:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, maybe I overlooked it then...I'll double-check, thanks Smiley

Jen

HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 25, 17:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No probs  Grin  However do you have a no A+ memory hack?  I have a feeling one of them also stops the dean's list spam...

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 25, 18:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no A+ memory hack...just blindness and early seniility to blame Wink

Jen

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 25, 18:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere that the reason they don't get a memory of joining the Secret Society is to stop them passing it on to other Sims.  It's meant to be a secret, remember!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 25, 21:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. The way it works, it's not so much "memories" as "conversation topics." Rather stupid, but understandable.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 25, 21:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And sims pick some interesting conversational topics, too. Like one townie went up and accosted one of my sims to helpfully inform my sim of how aforementioned townie peed his pants. Naturally, I insulted him. The matter later came up repeatedly as a gossip topic later.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 25, 21:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I once had a sim start waving his arms around, bragging about how he'd . . . peed at a party. He had this big grin on his face, too. I'm thinking "You spent almost a day crying about that, and now here you are telling everyone you can about it?" The conversation system is not very well implemented . . .
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 26, 13:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one (Kumai) townie I'd put into the game.  He went to the shops and teased another sim and made him cry!  He then went home and boasted about it to everyone else!

Zephyr Zodiac
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 28, 10:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims joined a greek house.  One of the founding members of the house immediately started making fun of him...for joining the greek house.  I found that very strange and funny.  "Ha ha, you joined our greek house!  What a loser!"
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 28, 11:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when you look what the pixel people do, it's no wonder there are so many idiots on the official BBS - must be contagious...

Ness
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 28, 12:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But do the pixel people pass it on to the BBS people, or is it the other way around?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 28, 12:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a feedback loop.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 28, 12:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, whichever it is, some of my Sims1 sims were brighter!  At least they mostly washed their hands after they pee'd and they always cleaned their teeth!  Which probably explains why they didn't catch colds, 'flu and other nasty diseases!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 28, 13:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the hand-washing was annoying in TS1. They'd wash their hands after they peed. Then clean the toilet. And wash their hands again. Then take a shower. How pointless.

Now they just take their hygiene hit, and it's up to you to decide whether you want to indulge in some pointless hand-washing, take a shower, or ignore it.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 28, 13:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never said they were less annoying, just brighter.  And they didn't get sick!

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 28, 13:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>
...indulge in some pointless hand-washing...
</snip>
 Shocked *makes mental note to never shake hands with Pescado in real life*

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 28, 13:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's just Pescado!  It's a male thing!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 28, 13:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, that would be hilarious if the game actually had certain behaviors which actually were gender-specific like that. Tongue

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 28, 13:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, it would!  As it stands, you have to look closely at some wims to be sure which they are - you can't tell by what they're doing!  Interestingly, if you "treat as female/male" in order to have a same sex marriage pregnancy, the sim concerned talks like the opposite sex, but doesn't behave any differently - a male will still stand up to pee etc.!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: