More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:34:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OK so the BV glitch got me
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OK so the BV glitch got me  (Read 11255 times)
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
OK so the BV glitch got me
« on: 2008 June 01, 20:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently had the well-known "repeating vacation" glitch the one where when your Sims get home the BV taxi comes right back to pick them up again.

So I lost my family. All the non-cheating fixes did not work and I had to use boolprop to get them back. Now put into a new house I note that ageing seems to be  buggered. A hacked object confirms this, telling me that the two Sims have 96 and 97 days to live.

Er..what the hell? ageing is normal with the kid they had post-glitch.

Advice?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: OK so the BV glitch got me
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 01, 21:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 02, 06:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where does RAM enter into this?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 02, 07:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where does RAM enter into this?

I believe because of Ayslhyn's prior posting history, notably, this:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11007.0.html
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 02, 07:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case: LESS rams are called for.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 02, 07:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently had the well-known "repeating vacation" glitch the one where when your Sims get home the BV taxi comes right back to pick them up again.

Sooooo.... is your game patched? Because I haven't had this issue since the patch came out, and I had it with every painful vacation I tried to take.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 02, 14:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Giving real advice for some reason:
Are they still aging at all? You say they have 96, etc, days to live, but does that go down after a day?

Normally, I'd say just edit the days down in SimPE, presuming that they are aging, but I don't believe you can use the program. If not, either use TJ's Sim Blender or the spawnable Sim Modder to age the sims up and then down again. Then activate moveobjects and delete them. Reload the lot. It's overkill, because one of those should work, but both definitely will. If not, it's the RAMS. Take one out.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 02, 19:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last time I looked Sim Blender was for FT only; is it still?  I'm guessing maybe the Sim Modder will have to suffice for the OP.  What the hell does 'boolprop'ing the family back mean?

Anyway, there's no patch for MacOSX BV yet, and for me it has been fine so I don't care about no steenkin' patch.  But then again, eye haz less ramz.  Cheesy
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 02, 23:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have used Insim's aging controller to jump start aging.

Tribulatio proxima est
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 03, 19:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to all. Yes the ageing is working but at 90-odd days although it does count down from there more or less normally.

Who wants Sims who live that long? Not I. Stupid mac.

Thanks for suggestions and advice.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 03, 19:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to all. Yes the ageing is working but at 90-odd days although it does count down from there more or less normally.

Who wants Sims who live that long? Not I. Stupid mac.

See, here we go again.  It is the GAME and not the mac that is causing this.  Do you have any aging hacks (like those by Twojeffs) installed that would modify age durations etc?  That would be a more likely cause than what computer you have.

The computer can overheat, it can crash, it can process badly and make the game lag, but it can not, in and of itself, cause twins, change the age duration of sims, make the kitchens catch fire, make Death dance the hula, or anything else that is game specific.

Check your hacks, CC, etc.

And remember, I'm the nice one.

Tribulatio proxima est
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 03, 19:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy I know I was just cursing generally. As you do..

No I have no hacks to do with ageing. I realise that this is a known glitch that has to do with the coding and not the puter. But the puter is easier to kick than the coding.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 03, 21:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy I know I was just cursing generally. As you do..

No I have no hacks to do with ageing. I realise that this is a known glitch that has to do with the coding and not the puter. But the puter is easier to kick than the coding.

Do you kick the tires of your car when the overheat light comes on as well?  That is rumoured to be equally effective.

Tribulatio proxima est
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 June 03, 23:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Figuratively speaking of course. Just an analogue folks. No need to take it seriously.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 June 04, 10:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Figuratively speaking of course. Just an analogue folks. No need to take it seriously.
You need to convert to digital.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 June 05, 03:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, considering that there is no patch available for Mac, as of yet, then this would be Aspyr's fault. Aspyr is notorious for late patching (or none at all). WinMac™ FTW!

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 June 05, 04:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest Merola's multi-painting for this.  You can only fix their ages by 3 days at a time, but so far, the painting has been compatible with every version of the Sims.  Undecided

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 June 05, 19:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, considering that there is no patch available for Mac, as of yet, then this would be Aspyr's fault. Aspyr is notorious for late patching (or none at all). WinMac™ FTW!

To be fair, Aspyr sometimes doesn't patch because the EP ships with it already incorporated, but since it takes half a year to do the damned port, I have no gratitude left by that time.  Angry

As for WinMac, ick.  Two full-featured OSes = waste of resources is phail.  Especially with a resource-hog like TS2, you could build a much better and more efficient platform with Windows exclusively, to game with.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 June 05, 19:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but Windows machines don't come bundled with all the nifty goodies that Macs do. I don't use my computer just for gaming. The bundled programmes that are standard with a Mac would cost hundreds of dollars in upgrades on an out-of-the box IBM-compatible PC. Plus, I had already bought lots of Windows games, and didn't want to replace them all with Mac versions, which are distributed by Aspyr, which is notorious for not patching in a timely manner.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 June 05, 20:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but Windows machines don't come bundled with all the nifty goodies that Macs do. I don't use my computer just for gaming. The bundled programmes that are standard with a Mac would cost hundreds of dollars in upgrades on an out-of-the box IBM-compatible PC.

Why would you pay money for most of these things?  Either there are open-source versions or things can be "arrr'ed".  In any case, the cost of a PC compared to a similar Mac may actually offset the costs of any additional software you may want.

Tribulatio proxima est
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 June 05, 20:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Macs are much prettier. Wink

ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 June 05, 20:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Macs are much prettier. Wink

Yes. My powerbook gets to sleep next to me in bed some nights.
My PC however, ugh. Could not face waking up next to that thing.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 June 05, 21:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As much as I like pretties, aesthetics isn't something I buy computers for. Mine is ungainly and plain. Whatever, it goes whoosh and everything on it looks pretty.

I don't like bundled goodies. I don't use most of what PCs come with from a distributor, anyways. I took the better part of a day stripping Addison from having all that Google crap and Norton Ghost and duplicate crappy photo editing software and music services/internet services that I don't need, don't want, and certainly don't like clogging up my disks.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 June 05, 21:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use most of the crapware that comes on Windows PCs, especially when it creates Windows errors when not even in use, as happened with my last IBM-compatible buying experience. Bundled Mac software is quite useful to me, however, as it is design-related, and I do freelance graphic and web design. Also, any given Mac OS is waaaaaaaay less buggy than any given Windows OS. That's the real reason to buy a Mac, IMO. Unless you're the OP. Then you need MOAR RAMS!

Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 June 06, 00:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am the OP and I has gots them
 Grin Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: