More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:09:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freetime Patch is out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime Patch is out  (Read 124046 times)
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Freetime Patch is out
« Reply #200 on: 2008 July 05, 06:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With inteen in though? Most of what I have found about it at inteen says that you must remove half of it. It shows up as a conflict, unless someone was just speculating that it wouldn't allow sneak out. Hell, inteen conflicts with itself to work.
I'm thinking it was Go Out not sneak out that the teens couldn't do. What happens, at least from what I remember, is when teens ask to go out the option to sneak out appears. I'll try removing one of the phone hack packages but I think I only have one.

Or I could be totally wrong...
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2008 July 05, 06:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With inteen in though? Most of what I have found about it at inteen says that you must remove half of it. It shows up as a conflict, unless someone was just speculating that it wouldn't allow sneak out. Hell, inteen conflicts with itself to work.
I'm thinking it was Go Out not sneak out that the teens couldn't do. What happens, at least from what I remember, is when teens ask to go out the option to sneak out appears. I'll try removing one of the phone hack packages but I think I only have one.

I meant one of the two that is in the phonehack zip. Phonehack.package or Phonehack-talkmodule.package. I believe that you need to take out the talkmodule.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
tabbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: 2008 July 06, 02:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if the nocd thing has been updated for this patch yet?
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2008 July 06, 03:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if the nocd thing has been updated for this patch yet?

It has, that's what we're talking about.  Undecided
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2008 July 06, 14:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a new, NoCD patch on GCW for Patch #3.

So far, I haven't come across any problems with Patch #3.  It still doesn't fix everything as well as the fixes done by Lord Darcy.  Correct me if I'm wrong Lord Darcy, but I don't think I need the K&B fix anymore.  I can get leftovers and tinker, although I haven't been able to test it for platters and composting yet.

Although some stuff is fixed for Teen Style Stuff, I find that I'll still need Darcy's fix because EA didn't fix it completely.  And then there are the fixes that Darcy has made to fix animations for all the Pets, Celebration Stuff, and H&M stuff.  Lord Darcy is very helpful and explains on his patches that Freetime still doesn't fix certain "glitches" that EA hasn't fixed yet.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: 2008 July 06, 16:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, I haven't come across any problems with Patch #3.  It still doesn't fix everything as well as the fixes done by Lord Darcy.  Correct me if I'm wrong Lord Darcy, but I don't think I need the K&B fix anymore.  I can get leftovers and tinker, although I haven't been able to test it for platters and composting yet.

I think my K&B fix was made obsolete by the second FT patch. Though the K&B toilets and the coffee maker still miss some bits in BCON, it's possible they're never used anyway.

But I confirmed a new problem in the fixed K&B dishwasher, which affects only non-English games. EAxis fucked up the pie menu string of K&B dishwasher for non-English languages. "Get Out of the Way" will come up instead of "Tinker", though Sims are still able to Tinker it anyway. How could they manage to fuck up such a simple thing like this? Angry I'll post a new fix soon. New fix is up. The old version won't work anymore, as EAxis changes the group of fixed SP objects for no sensible reason.

Although some stuff is fixed for Teen Style Stuff, I find that I'll still need Darcy's fix because EA didn't fix it completely.

Teen objects were updated by FreeTime itself, albeit poorly. Any subsequent FT patches didn't change anything. My TSS-FT fix from March is still needed whether you patched FT or not.

And then there are the fixes that Darcy has made to fix animations for all the Pets, Celebration Stuff, and H&M stuff.

Unless you see a new version of SP objects in Overrides.package in Overrides folder, you can be sure that they were not updated by a patch or a new EP. (Except for FFS and GLS, as objects from this first 2 SPs are included in Objects.package itself.)

Lord Darcy is very helpful and explains on his patches that Freetime still doesn't fix certain "glitches" that EA hasn't fixed yet.

Thanks, baa. Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 July 13, 01:04:39 by Lord Darcy » Logged

moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2008 July 06, 21:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a glitch with the new noCD? For some reason my walls all cost zero. It's probably some sort of hack conflict with the new patch, but it could be the noCD, so I thought I'd ask before doing the long 50/50 process.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2008 July 06, 21:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a glitch with the new noCD? For some reason my walls all cost zero. It's probably some sort of hack conflict with the new patch, but it could be the noCD, so I thought I'd ask before doing the long 50/50 process.

Try a different no-cd if you can find one. Build and buy mode issues are sometimes a sign of a bad no-cd.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: 2008 July 07, 14:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have such a problem in my hack-free AnyGame. I installed the 3rd FT patch and used the new NoCD. Have you encountered any problem during the installation of the 3rd FT patch?

moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2008 July 09, 06:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must have been some kind of quirk because it hasn't happened on any other lot. I'm going to have to go back to that lot to see if the walls cost there but false alarm people, sorry.

RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: 2008 July 09, 21:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it fine to leave in Awesomeland hacks and Lord Darcy's stuff and still patch the game, or once patching do we have to take some out?  Because I'm pretty sure there are some user-made fixes that the patch doesn't address..  So yeah, I'm curious if keeping other fixes will cause issues upon patchment.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 July 10, 01:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it fine to leave in Awesomeland hacks and Lord Darcy's stuff and still patch the game, or once patching do we have to take some out?  Because I'm pretty sure there are some user-made fixes that the patch doesn't address..  So yeah, I'm curious if keeping other fixes will cause issues upon patchment.

I've left the fixes in since patching my game and it seems to be running fine.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008 July 12, 13:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, sorry if this sounds naive, still a little baffled...

the new exe contains a patch?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 13, 00:41:24 by tizerist » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008 July 12, 13:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, no -- the 3rd patch contains an even worse version of SecuROM.  You still need to get the no-cd exe from a reliable source, like gamecopyworld.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 July 15, 03:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found an annoyance since installing the patch- the always crying babies are back. I had my first babies born in-game since the patch, and both spent their entire infancy screaming unless being held, despite the fact that their portraits were green. When I grew them up, their fun bars were tanked, which never occured before the patch. Ugh, I thought this bug was long gone!
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 July 15, 03:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An even worse version? Ugh... I'm afraid to screw around in the registry to remove the current one as it is (turns out it installed with Neverwinter Nights 2, and my computer was behaving as normal so yeah.) Sounds like this patch addresses some things that could be relevant to me though. Where are the Lord Darcy fixes you were talking about?

Edit: Actually, I just made myself look like a total noob. Instead- does the procedure outlined in the "HOW TO REMOVE SECUROM NOW" thread work on this new version? (.. and on Vista?)

Edit 2: Electric Boogaloo: ... Huh, that's interesting. I don't seem to have it. With viewing hidden folders on, there is no SecuROM folder under AppData, or anywhere else apparently when I use Search. Maybe it's a Vista compatibility thing (but you'd think a Vista version would have come with FT)... Well, no-CD crack is going in, because I'm not going to inflict it on myself now. XD
« Last Edit: 2008 July 15, 04:46:11 by Insanity Prelude » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2008 July 15, 12:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found an annoyance since installing the patch- the always crying babies are back. I had my first babies born in-game since the patch, and both spent their entire infancy screaming unless being held, despite the fact that their portraits were green. When I grew them up, their fun bars were tanked, which never occured before the patch. Ugh, I thought this bug was long gone!

You must have an outdated hack lurking in your downloads somewhere -- I've had no problem with babies, crying or otherwise, after installing the patch, and I've had at least 3 born since then.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
marjchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 July 15, 15:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, just to add my personal experience.  No problems w/ patch #1, no problems w/ patch #2, then patch #3 stopped towards the end of installing, said there had been an error and I should reinstall Freetime.  I thought perhaps there had been a problem w/ my download, so I redownloaded it and tried again to install it.  The same error.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Freetime which completely reset my game.  Now I have no patch at all.  Someone said that Patch #3 didn't install well over Patch #2.  If that's the case perhaps I should try installing Patch #3 now.  But if Patch #3 just sucks, well perhaps I should skip it.
Not worried about Securom because it's already on my computer.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: 2008 July 15, 15:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problems w/ patch #1, no problems w/ patch #2, then patch #3 stopped towards the end of installing, said there had been an error and I should reinstall Freetime.
Some people reported they encountered an error in Overrides.package towards the end. Unlike Patch 1, Patch 2 altered that file to fix K&B stuff. Perhaps that's the reason Patch 3 doesn't install well over Patch 2. I installed Patch 3 over Patch 1, and had no problem at all.

Now I have no patch at all.  Someone said that Patch #3 didn't install well over Patch #2.  If that's the case perhaps I should try installing Patch #3 now.  But if Patch #3 just sucks, well perhaps I should skip it.
There is very little difference between patch 2 and 3. The only reason EAxis posted patch 3 was to make FT identify Store crap. But if you already uninstalled/reinstalled FT, and don't mind Securom, no need to install patch 2 at this point. Go on to patch 3. I'm running patch 3 with NoCD and have not encountered a problem yet.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 July 15, 20:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can only find a noDVD crack for Patch 3 at Game Copy World. Anyone know of a GOOD noCD crack?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 July 15, 21:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can only find a noDVD crack for Patch 3 at Game Copy World. Anyone know of a GOOD noCD crack?

Doesn't matter -- it's the same .exe, and works whether you have the CD version or DVD version.  Only difference is that the DVD version comes with only one disk, while the CD has two disks. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 July 16, 02:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was hoping so, but whenever I'm not sure, I always ask. *hits baaaatton for Joe

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 July 17, 18:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

before patch three i could play the game with no problem. but after it, even with the cd it says 'emulation software detected' so i tried to use the nocd (which i don't like using very much) but all I get is an error Huh! and the error doesn't say anything (it is a blank box with a red X to the left) does anyone know why this is?
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling freetime again. I also have the two last stuffpacks too.. do i need a nocd for them too? thanks!

Delete your groups.cache.
This will tell you how:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Delete_Cache_Files

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 July 17, 21:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

before patch three i could play the game with no problem. but after it, even with the cd it says 'emulation software detected' so i tried to use the nocd (which i don't like using very much) but all I get is an error Huh! and the error doesn't say anything (it is a blank box with a red X to the left) does anyone know why this is?
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling freetime again. I also have the two last stuffpacks too.. do i need a nocd for them too? thanks!
First issue (emulation software error): You have SecuROM. See stickied thread for removal instructions.
Second issue (blank box error): do as morriganrant directs.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
pseudonymph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
FT Patch #3 + NoInstantLove?
« Reply #224 on: 2008 July 18, 11:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it compatible? I ask because soon after I fired up my game, one of my married couples, who both happen to be BFFs with this one particular sim, ended up falling in love with her. I had no such problems until I patched my game again. ACR and NoInstantLove were working fine for me. I asked over at the ACR forum too about this, but I just wanna know if Pescado's hack is cool with the latest FT Patch.

Thanks in advance.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: