More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:30:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freetime Patch is out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime Patch is out  (Read 123112 times)
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
Re: Freetime Patch is out
« Reply #150 on: 2008 June 13, 11:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And FWIW, there are legitimate reasons to use Alcohol (CD/DVD archiving, for example) and Daemon Tools (to run legitimately owned software without having to put the CD in every time, and to speed up game loading), so calling them 'pirate tools' is a sign of severe brainwashing by the companies who use invasive and/or harmful forms of copy protection.

QFE.

At some point game companies decided it would be cute to turn the CD/DVD drive into a glorified dongle.  PC games run mostly from hard disk these days, so the software company requiring that the original media be in the drive when you play is an offensive and annoying means of getting you the average legitimate user to spend time playing their game and not someone else's, or to waste time pissing about with the physical media.  So is it really any surprise when the average legitimate user gives them the finger and bypasses the 'GIVE ME DONGLE!' routine?

Using tools like Alcohol and DT to play the games you paid money for isn't piracy, but it will stop you from going insane if you haven't done so already.

awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 June 13, 12:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently I am in college working on my degree in Game and Simulation Programming.  I want to be part of the game industry but I sure as hell don't want to put crap like SuckuRom into my programs.  I do not and never will support piracy in any form, that would be like saying I don't want a paycheck for working.  However, I also do not support treating customers like criminals or putting invasive software on their computers that detracts from their enjoyment of the product I am producing.  As a game producer my job will be to make software that makes people, gives them an escape from reality, or otherwise improves their lives in some small way... crap like SuckuRom does exactly the opposite.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: 2008 June 13, 12:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's interesting the way some brainwashed people allow their property to be manipulated by some private corporate entities without judicial power. So today it may be just a trifle annoyance with a couple of emulation softwares. What makes them believe that the same corporations will not go further than that? How naive. Tomorrow it could very well be our personal information, sent home in encrypted form via "online validation", all done in the virtuous cause of "protecting intellectual property". Corporations in general do not give a flying fuck about respecting privacy of their customers. That's why we customers have to fight tooth and nail to protect ourselves from bottomless corporate greed.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 June 13, 13:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's interesting the way some brainwashed people allow their property to be manipulated by some private corporate entities without judicial power. So today it may be just a trifle annoyance with a couple of emulation softwares. What makes them believe that the same corporations will not go further than that? How naive.

See the recent flap about Google apps blocking the use of PayPal for more details....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 July 02, 21:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, folks. Does anyone know if the instructions for this crack listed @ gamecopyworld is for patch 2? Or 3?:     

* Install the game - Full Installation.
    * Apply the official The Sims 2: Freetime v1.13.0.161 Patch.
    * Replace the original SIMS2EP7.EXE file with the one from the File Archive.
    * Play the Game!

Looks like it's probably the new one on the official site, but I just wanted to be sure, before messing with anything.
tIIsuggas
Garrulous Gimp

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 July 02, 22:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, folks. Does anyone know if the instructions for this crack listed @ gamecopyworld is for patch 2? Or 3?:     

* Install the game - Full Installation.
    * Apply the official The Sims 2: Freetime v1.13.0.161 Patch.
    * Replace the original SIMS2EP7.EXE file with the one from the File Archive.
    * Play the Game!

Looks like it's probably the new one on the official site, but I just wanted to be sure, before messing with anything.

If you right click, scroll to properties on the download link for the official patch, it gives you the version number.

The new fixed exe at GCW is for the patch available for download today.  Not sure which patch that is though, but it is version 1.13.0.161.

This is the address it gives.
http://thesims2.ea.com/update/exe/ep7/1.13.0.161/sims2ep7_patch.exe

It also shows at the bottom of your browser window (IE) if you hover over the download link.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 July 02, 22:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink thanks! yay!
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 July 02, 23:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.  I am curious.  Why is the patch (1.13.0.161) a whopping 89 meg when the first patch I downloaded (from here I think) is only 18 meg? 

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 July 03, 00:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it bundles in the SecuROM several other fixes that ought to have been fixed years ago for other EPs?

I'm sticking with the first patch, now that my sim can catch all the butterflies I don't really care about the other problems.

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 July 03, 01:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So whose gonna do it first?   
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 July 03, 01:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.  I am curious.  Why is the patch (1.13.0.161) a whopping 89 meg when the first patch I downloaded (from here I think) is only 18 meg?

89 Megs? Eighty-nine megs? For a patch?! That's ludicrous.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 July 03, 01:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed it, re-cracked it, seems to be working. I had a problem with the "overrides.package", where the game would quit patching there and claim a reinstall was in order. But referring to a different thread here (or was it earlier on in this one??) I found that mounting the iso of freetime (or inserting the dvd or disc 2 if you have the cds), extracting the "overrides.package" from the disc (in a compressed folder) and replacing the one in your ea folder with the one from the compressed folder on your disc allowed the patch to install.
ETA: It no longer brings up that box that informs you about updates when you click the freetime exe... Too bad, I sort of liked that. It gave me some time to reconsider bringing the game up, in case I wanted to do one more thing. Ah well!
« Last Edit: 2008 July 03, 01:57:58 by coltraz » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 July 03, 02:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: It no longer brings up that box that informs you about updates when you click the freetime exe... Too bad, I sort of liked that. It gave me some time to reconsider bringing the game up, in case I wanted to do one more thing. Ah well!

What? The launcher? That's because the launcher has it's own exe. Click on that one. Although, I think some people had issues with getting it to start the game if they changed the game exe, but I think that may have been with the Securom supplied exe.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 July 03, 02:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What? The launcher? That's because the launcher has it's own exe. Click on that one. Although, I think some people had issues with getting it to start the game if they changed the game exe, but I think that may have been with the Securom supplied exe.

Oh? Ok, thanks. I must have created a shortcut to the wrong one then.  Cheesy
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 July 03, 07:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This second patch that just came out for FT which I just found out goes with the new crack v1.13.0.161. Has any one tested it out yet to see if it will effect some of are awesome hacks. Would like to know if I need to remove some of them.

A Sims Nightmare!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008 July 03, 14:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any errors thrown or undesirable behaviors with the new patch and my hack cocktail. However, I'm not taking out anything I have. I almost always prefer Pescado's fixes to EAxis's half-assed hatchet job.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 July 03, 15:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This second patch that just came out for FT which I just found out goes with the new crack v1.13.0.161. Has any one tested it out yet to see if it will effect some of are awesome hacks. Would like to know if I need to remove some of them.

You mean the third patch. Wink
The second one is named v1.13.0.155.
The third is v1.13.0.161 Patch.
I see this on this website:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_24298.shtml
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2008 July 03, 15:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just glad my Sims can primp again. Why the fuck does EA manage to drop the "Primp" function from the menu every time they come out with an EP?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 July 03, 15:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I almost always prefer Pescado's fixes to EAxis's half-assed hatchet job.
So say we all. Pescado's fixes tend to, for instance, fix things. As opposed to EA's Russian roulette approach, in which the error may be fixed but pretty much guarantees breakage elsewhere. I swear, it's like they have a finite number of things they're allowed to have working at any given time, so adding something to the fixed column demands an addition to the borkage to keep the scales balanced.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2008 July 03, 16:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any errors thrown or undesirable behaviors with the new patch and my hack cocktail. However, I'm not taking out anything I have. I almost always prefer Pescado's fixes to EAxis's half-assed hatchet job.

Since you installed it... Any idea what caused Patch 2 and Patch 3 to be 80+ meg while Patch 1 was skinny?  I've been holding off on installing FT patches until they get somewhere close to being right, but the larger size is a major red flag.  It is the largest patch they have ever released.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 July 03, 16:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 1 only fixed about four or five things, compared to Patch 2/3's 30+ bugfixes. Patch 2 and 3 also came with more yummy Securom updates, all for no extra charge.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 July 03, 16:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if you have a Securom-free computer? Will the 3rd patch take care of that fact and install it? I didn't see any update between 2nd and 3rd patch (other than the Securom and EA Store things, which don't concern me at all) and so I'd prefer the 2nd patch instead (but then again, no crack for that yet).

Dive in!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 July 03, 17:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't run the game from the default .exe, you won't get SecuROM. Just patch with original .exe in place, apply crack, and run game from crack.

Still SecuROM free since BV!

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 July 03, 17:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 1 only fixed about four or five things, compared to Patch 2/3's 30+ bugfixes. Patch 2 and 3 also came with more yummy Securom updates, all for no extra charge.

Securom is in the main .exe, they are never relevant to how large a patch is because the .exe is always updated even if just to show its a new "version".
inrez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2008 July 03, 19:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

third patch?

What is the difference between the second and third patch?  (And I am really pissed at having to now download another 80+ meg patch)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: