More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:11:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freetime Patch is out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime Patch is out  (Read 123833 times)
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Freetime Patch is out
« Reply #50 on: 2008 May 30, 20:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, what sections? The only time I enjoy the BBS is when they are united in their anger.
The FreeTime expansion section looks busy and for the moment unmoderated.  Grin
Mrs.Facetious
Malodorous Moron

SFJ-E and I = 50/50

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 May 30, 20:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is the same as it always is there. Whenever EA screws up, several uninformed idiots leap to their defense.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 May 30, 20:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and I like laughing at them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2008 May 30, 22:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What no-cd crack are you using? Is there an updated one for this patch or are things working fine with the no-cd for the now vanquished patch?

I don't use one.

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 May 30, 23:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma has Securom cooties!  Shocked She doesn't use her protection. Shame!!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2008 May 30, 23:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. The PC had it already because of some of my husbands games.

geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 May 30, 23:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case, the correct response is to format the drive and fix it. And restrict his access so he can't reinfect it.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2008 May 30, 23:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't need advice, thanks. Smiley I know what to do, I just choose not to do it.

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 May 30, 23:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same error here.  How did you replace the overrides.package?

Open compressed.zip in your FT disk. Go to TSData\Res\Overrides and extract fresh Overrides.package to the same location under your FreeTime game folder.

Overrides.package is used to update Stuff Pack objects, like Teen objects that were updated to FreeTime. Probably the new patch added K&B objects in there.

Well, crap.  Can't find it.  Am I in the right place?
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/SnootCB/shit.jpg
Please help a poor dumb noob.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2008 May 30, 23:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, crap.  Can't find it.  Am I in the right place?
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/SnootCB/shit.jpg
Please help a poor dumb noob.

It should be in the compressed folder. Try extracting it to desktop (make sure the option to restore original folders when unzipping is enabled) and looking in it then.

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 May 31, 00:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, still missing.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/SnootCB/shitreloaded.jpg
I am supposed to be looking on the disk itself, not the C: drive, right?

My game has been working fine since I installed K&B, so it has to be somewhere.  Unless... am I supposed to extract the overrides.package from the K&B disk instead?  Is there even [supposed to be] one on the K&B?
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 May 31, 00:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SnootCB: For karma points, I looked this up for you. It's on DISK TWO of Freetime Cheesy

Oooh, what sections? The only time I enjoy the BBS is when they are united in their anger.

Hehe me too. My two favourite threads are right now are (yeah I started one lol):

http://tinyurl.com/6kr59y

http://tinyurl.com/5o7cc8

Full of PHAIL and WIN! " if you have problems, don't download the fricking SecuROM already!!!!"
Rolling on the floor laughing!
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 May 31, 00:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SnootCB: For karma points, I looked this up for you. It's on DISK TWO of Freetime Cheesy

Oh, *duh*, thank you!  I never even would have looked there.  Now to see if the patch works again....

Edit: Yep, patched game is upa and running fine.  FYI, I do have Daemon Tools and CD/DVD burning software, but as long as they are closed down when the game is open I get no complaints from SecuROM.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 31, 01:10:46 by SnootCB » Logged
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2008 May 31, 01:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so US version still comes in 2 CDs then. UK/European version comes in DVD, so I have only 1 ISO.

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 May 31, 01:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so US version still comes in 2 CDs then. UK/European version comes in DVD, so I have only 1 ISO.

Eh?  Why are they pawning off inferior CD-ROMS on us Americans, I wonder?  Angry

*Kazzandra notices the new virulent form of Securom that comes with this patch and notices Mass Effect, which has a similar beefed up version, has already been pirated.*

If you don't want Securom again, please do not install this patch yet. Kthxbai.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2008 May 31, 02:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh anyone notice they closed the thread I started? Guess there were too many people in it saying EA would not get one more dime from them. Bastards.

Well, you did mention that you'll be pirating on the official forum, surely you knew this thread will either be locked or deleted eventually.

I'm amazed by sheer idiocy of some sheeples. They are practically fraternizing with enemy, blindly parroting corporate propagandas which were designed to manipulate people into accepting that infringement on privacy by corporate entities is justified.
They deserve to be ass-raped by EAxis, Sony, or any other greedy corporates that force DRM crap on their customers. I really hope someday Suckurom bites them in the ass and their computers finally blow up in their oh-so-righteous faces.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 May 31, 02:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, why don't you tell us what you really think, Lord Darcy?  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 May 31, 03:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh anyone notice they closed the thread I started? Guess there were too many people in it saying EA would not get one more dime from them. Bastards.

Well, you did mention that you'll be pirating on the official forum, surely you knew this thread will either be locked or deleted eventually.

I'm amazed by sheer idiocy of some sheeples. They are practically fraternizing with enemy, blindly parroting corporate propagandas which were designed to manipulate people into accepting that infringement on privacy by corporate entities is justified.
They deserve to be ass-raped by EAxis, Sony, or any other greedy corporates that force DRM crap on their customers. I really hope someday Suckurom bites them in the ass and their computers finally blow up in their oh-so-righteous faces.

Why didn't you post more gems like this before your recent senate nomination?  This is the sort of post that senators will vote YEA for.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 May 31, 03:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh?  Why are they pawning off inferior CD-ROMS on us Americans, I wonder?  Angry

Because Europeans had adopted DVD players in the PCs as standard as the USA was still using CDs, I guess that is because Europe is still PC land as the USA dropped PC in exchange for Consoles.

Its not "pawning" but knowing if they made expansions "DVD only" it would upset a part of their user base, its a question of average system specs.

That is why no company puts a game that requires a quad core 3.00 Hrz  with 4 Gb of RAM ... when they do something like that (say "Crysis") it usually hurts sales ... and then they blame piracy for it ...
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 May 31, 03:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its not "pawning" but knowing if they made expansions "DVD only" it would upset a part of their user base, its a question of average system specs.

Touche on another account. I hadn't really thought of this.

I mean it got 101 responses with over 1000 views. Smart like foxs those Maxoids are.
They didn't even have to OPEN the thread, the title gave it all away. And yet it still remained for a day.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 May 31, 04:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Yep, patched game is upa and running fine.  FYI, I do have Daemon Tools and CD/DVD burning software, but as long as they are closed down when the game is open I get no complaints from SecuROM.

Really? For BV, even when I was using the cd it was giving me gripe about the emulation software. .....even when I actually, uninstalled the emulation software. Hey, I needed to update it anyway. No idea what was going on there.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 May 31, 18:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's ironic to me how they flock to baaa out the term "sheeple" at anyone who disagres with the majority opinion. Um, what?  Cheesy

INFP or something
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 May 31, 20:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read the entire thread and my two lingering questions remain unanswered:

1.  Is this patch worth installing?  (i.e. is the number and severity of bugs fixed by the patch greater than the number and severity of bugs created?)
2.  If I choose to install the patch which of my hacks can be removed?

Naturally, if the answer to #1 is "Yes" then I'll want the answer to #2 before proceeding.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 May 31, 21:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Well it does fix the dancing contest bug, I think it is worth it since the only bitching about it was about SecuROM.
2) I think the only hacks that became redundant were the ones that enabled BV and Seasons functions to the new expansions objects.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 June 01, 00:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  think it's worth it - it's a huge list of fixes and people are reporting less lag/faster load time if it works for them. That's my experience as well - my game is sorta mysteriously "better" now. Back up your hoods and downloads first. My Desiderata hood just wasn't there after I patched. I put it back in from back up and it was fine. (Interestingly I've played Desiderata since I put in the previous patch but not my custom hood and the custom hood was fine. Maybe coincidence).

I can't say for sure what's not needed anymore. All the fixes would hafta be tested to be sure. The patch claims it fixed the biotech machine, but does it really? And for both virus and medicine even though it just mentions medicine? Anyways, I pull all my 'fix broken things' hacks and put back in the ones that fix things I notice wrong rather than the other way around. I'd rather not leave one I don't need as I'm afraid it'll conflict somehow with the game code if it fixes the same stuff.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 01, 00:16:30 by Sagana » Logged

Unsouper
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: