More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 02:21:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freetime Patch is out
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime Patch is out  (Read 123948 times)
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Freetime Patch is out
« Reply #25 on: 2008 May 29, 18:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like it does a bit more than the previous patch. It'll be interesting to see if this borks if you apply it on top of the previous patch.  I may install it on my laptop just to see, since I won't be playing FT on the laptop for a while.

Patch worked fine on top of the older FT Patch.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 May 29, 18:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like it does a bit more than the previous patch. It'll be interesting to see if this borks if you apply it on top of the previous patch.  I may install it on my laptop just to see, since I won't be playing FT on the laptop for a while.

Patch worked fine on top of the older FT Patch.

Considering all the hassle I had installing the last patch (replacing objects.package and skins.package, etc.), I am less than excited about installing the new patch.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 May 29, 18:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder if the next EP Apartments will re-break some of these fixes or do more harm to the game it self.
Considering their inability to learn from past mistakes or actually use anything resembling logic, it's a definite. I thought that Lord Darcy postulated that the reason bugs and such keep recurring is because they are building the EPs & SPs all off the (unpatched) Pets engine. Well, duh. If you keep building off the same engine you knew had bugs without fixing it, you're going to keep getting the same bugs.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 May 29, 18:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which reminds me, I have to check which no-cd crack I'm running.  I patched FT, but I'm not convinced I updated the no-cd.  Hmmm.  Seems to run fine so far, but best not to risk the unholy hybrid, I suppose.

I also patched with the first patch (got it off here, it had been pulled before I even installed FT) and had been unable to find another no-CD to update to in the first place. Seems to be fine, but I'll wait some on the second patch.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 May 29, 22:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can i not just use a standard no-cd exe now, then replace it with it with the securom one when it comes out, then patch the newer no-cd exe?

BTW, how long do you guys expect to wait for this updated exe?

I believe you misunderstand.  No-cd crack .exe files are used so you don't have to load the game from the CD or DVD.  Bypassing the CD, means that you avoid installing securom (bad thing) on your computer.  When you patch, the no-cd crack is out-of-date, since it was made for the non-patched game.  This may cause problems due to what we call the "unholy hybrid" (patched game with non-patch no-cd .exe).  Thus, people wait to patch the game until a no-cd crack for the patch comes out, so that we can continue to avoid securom (bad thing).

Hehe, GJ.  I wasn't going to touch that one.

Wonder if the next EP Apartments will re-break some of these fixes or do more harm to the game it self.
Considering their inability to learn from past mistakes or actually use anything resembling logic, it's a definite. I thought that Lord Darcy postulated that the reason bugs and such keep recurring is because they are building the EPs & SPs all off the (unpatched) Pets engine. Well, duh. If you keep building off the same engine you knew had bugs without fixing it, you're going to keep getting the same bugs.

This upsets me, as Pets was the most bugged up expansion to date.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 May 29, 22:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering all the hassle I had installing the last patch (replacing objects.package and skins.package, etc.), I am less than excited about installing the new patch.

That's my question: does anyone know if this patch has the same problems with custom outfits as the previous one?
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 May 29, 22:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder if the next EP Apartments will re-break some of these fixes or do more harm to the game it self. Would have been more logical to just wait till the The Sims 2 series was done then come out with a large patch at the end then to have us remove hacks now and then put them back in later after the next EP comes out. We will end up with a broken game anyways since Sims 2 is  almost done and they are busy getting Sims 3 out the door. I don't think I will be in any rush to play the next generation of the Sims anytime soon.
My optimistic side wants to believe that EA is really working on patching FreeTime because of player complaints, but then I notice that they're selling another stuff pack next month and it seems to work well for them when they release fixes right before they ask for more money.

There seems to be a new round of SecuROM-related complaints on the BBS from it, and I'm definitely waiting for a crack before I touch the patch. Does someone more adventurous know if the installer's going to get wobbly about my having cleaned-out template neighborhoods and camera mods, though? I had no issues with patch 1, for what it's worth.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 May 29, 23:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove SecuROM, use nocd crack.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2008 May 29, 23:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Securom stays installed on your PC even if you uninstall your games that are infested with it.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 May 29, 23:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to follow the steps for removing securom in the "How to remove securom..." thread in the Podium.  It includes the instructions for getting and using a no-cd crack.  It is not remarkably difficult.

Emma is correct however in that, if you have other games that use securom, and do not have no-cd cracks for them, it will reinstall when you play those games.  Chances are, however, that there are no-cd cracks available for those games as well.  Gamecopyworld usually has a bunch of them, as do other sites.

Tribulatio proxima est
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 May 30, 02:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teens no longer have the option to "Birdwatch".
Teen and Child Sims will no longer receive the unachievable Bird Watch Want.

What? They couldn't figure out what they did wrong so they just removed it instead of fix it?
MADE OF FAIL
My teens can birdwatch just fine, Thanks to jase. I'll stick with my 3rd party fixes thank you very much. What, they couldn't do what they did last time, and use community modders code? Bleh, Teen sims should be able to bird watch, it's just stupid for it to be restricted to adults and elders.

Edit:
Oh, and if that is the same version of Securom that was on the third Sim Cities Societies patch, DO NOT WANT, it gave be hell about my deamon and I couldn't get a no-cd to work. It was such a pain in the ass to remove again, I'm not even  sure it's all gone, as I tried installing the game again and only up to the second patch, but still couldn't get the game to run, fuck that.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2008 May 30, 03:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite, I said only SPs are built on Pets engine. EPs can't do that, otherwise they'll lose all new functions and objects from post-Pets EPs.

Every EP includes the whole contents of last EP's object.package. (Stuffpack objects are not part of object.package since Celebration, that's why they remain outdated.) So Apartment Life will include the whole contents of FT object.package. The problem comes from the idiocy that EAxis is not carrying the change FT patch brought on FT object.package forward AL's object.package. As EAxis started to develop AL before they released FT patches, it means that they're building AL upon broken, unpatched FT engine. That's unavoidable, given the schedule, but any respectable game company will take the time to include the contents of FT patch in AL before they send AL to gold. They don't, because it means rewriting of changed codes and what not, heaven forbids the delayed release date. I think that's the reason why once-stomped bugs are constantly resurrected in the next EP.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 30, 03:15:08 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 May 30, 03:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what do I do with my "unholy hybrid" LOL  Huh

Don't have one would be a favourite option.  Get a no-cd crack for the patched EP.

Tribulatio proxima est
No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 May 30, 08:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the old Patch and the new one. No problems with suckUrom (using only daemon tools, but donīt start it), no problems with playing.
Millions of bugs removed with this patch. Iīm very happy about the rethinking with the Base Game Compability (TSS, B&K) and happy they are recognizing some Maty fixes (Biotech etc) Hope the third patch fix the next millions of bugs by using MATY.

I see the will to remove new AND old bugs. Maxis is absolutely on the correct road now.
Nice Patch for me.

The next patch could be the nuclear war extreme MATY patch, who knows.

You should know, Iīm NOT a big friend of EAxis, but I begin rethinking about Maxis, I see the will in fixing first time. Compliment!
« Last Edit: 2008 May 30, 08:35:08 by No Cheats » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 May 30, 08:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just installed the patch but it errored on the 'overrides.package' Huh I replaced that and it installed fine. I bet my game is crapped out now though, I am glad I backed up everything Cheesy Just going to run my game now and see if it is working.

[eta] Everything seems fine. I haven't taken out any of my hack fixes though Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 May 30, 10:14:54 by Emma » Logged

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 May 30, 09:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think thats not all. They put up one more FT Patch. The Maty FT Patch.
Promote Maty hardcore at several Community Managers, Rod, Mods, etc. *rofl*

Elfpuddle? Translation?

No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 May 30, 13:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was whiny in the German forum about the millions of bugs and specaly about B&K in an "harsh criticism B&K thread". Promote MATY fixes there. I focus the example of the Biotech staition and B&K base game compability. You must know that in Germans forum only  1 or 2 of the community are whiny, but the mods and our communitmanager are cool, they are allowed to discuss and post there own opinion. In Germany they discuss with us, in N-America they keep silent Lips sealed or ask stupid Huh questions like issues with refrigerator. Of course, all the evidence they say thats right what we toled about the many bugs. They will go tell someone who can decide this points but they canīt promise that something happened (they know the invisible wall for normal support). I toled them that only Rod himself can decide this, so I would be interested in his voice and no other negative voice, what he is talking about the old bugs and the new ones. Give me citation from his voice about the problems ply.

http://www.sims.de/forums.view.asp?fID=32&tID=133427

Could all be hazard  Tongue or figment imagination Grin, that nothing have to do with this thread, but I think the German market is very essential and the points I focus are history now.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 May 30, 14:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ellatrue, that's not stupid, just an imperfect German translation. (Maxis included MATY fixes in the FT patch...I don't get the end, either.)

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 May 30, 16:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm now quite confused, and not by imperfect German-to-English.

[eta] Everything seems fine. I haven't taken out any of my hack fixes though Cheesy

What no-cd crack are you using? Is there an updated one for this patch or are things working fine with the no-cd for the now vanquished patch?

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 May 30, 16:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just installed the patch but it errored on the 'overrides.package' Huh I replaced that and it installed fine. I bet my game is crapped out now though, I am glad I backed up everything Cheesy Just going to run my game now and see if it is working.

Same error here.  How did you replace the overrides.package?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 May 30, 16:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they didn't bother fixing/overriding the check for the objects and skins package that was broken with the last patch?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 May 30, 16:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same error here.  How did you replace the overrides.package?

Open compressed.zip in your FT disk. Go to TSData\Res\Overrides and extract fresh Overrides.package to the same location under your FreeTime game folder.

Overrides.package is used to update Stuff Pack objects, like Teen objects that were updated to FreeTime. Probably the new patch added K&B objects in there.

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 May 30, 17:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome, thanks for the tip.
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 May 30, 18:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll just wait for a no-cd crack and maybe i'll install.

Oh, and have you seen the BBS. It is a warzone over there.
And I like it. Cheesy
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 May 30, 20:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, what sections? The only time I enjoy the BBS is when they are united in their anger.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: