More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 17:56:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More Awful than You! May: Clothing Meshes of the Damned
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Awful than You! May: Clothing Meshes of the Damned  (Read 160704 times)
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
More Awful than You! May: Clothing Meshes of the Damned
« on: 2008 May 02, 03:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know the drill -- there are people out there who are using Milkshape as a tool of evil. Bring us evidence of this so that we may mock them. I'll start with a mesh I saw recently that inspired me to suggest this contest:

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=79612

Nominated for: the bewbies, the questionable boots, the huge skirt that's out of proportion with her legs

These body type projects have always bugged me. I know it sucks that most sims only have two body sizes -- not fat and fat. That doesn't mean, however, that I want to see meshes for every possible female body type classified by boob size. And if you're going to make an really large woman, at least make her proportional. Here, the skirt looks padded because her legs are so much skinnier that they should be. And I don't even know what to say about her breasts. Finally, a modeling hint: if you make a mesh with really huge hips, don't pose your model holding a purse in such a way that it pokes through her body.

JUDGES: Fat Gwilly People
« Last Edit: 2008 May 04, 14:10:24 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: More Awful than You! May: Clothing Meshes of the Damned
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 02, 05:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mesh has always slightly horrified me:

http://www.ts2creations.com/artistgrizzelda.htm

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 02, 08:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 02, 08:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually I really like warlokk's stuff. I have quite a lot of it in my game, but this one just horrorfies me!

Look at the tiny feet! The gigant breasts! looks like baloons!/ baboons

INEPT INTP
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 02, 10:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here.

Nominated for: those cuffs, cardboard collar, lack of definition at the waist - even for a male, that's shapeless.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 02, 11:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly!

It's more the butt area that amazes me rather than the tits. It looks quite horrid in-game too.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 02, 18:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nominated for: those cuffs, cardboard collar, lack of definition at the waist - even for a male, that's shapeless.

Also, what's up with the lighting? You don't even know what you're downloading. Maybe EA was trying to suggest this is skeezy dude clubwear. There are NO beer googles thick enough to make any sim hit on that.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 02, 18:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually I really like warlokk's stuff. I have quite a lot of it in my game, but this one just horrorfies me!

I once heard a very good rule for drawing women. "If her breasts or buttcheeks resemble any type of fruit, you are doing it wrong."

This was dubbed the Sexy Fruits rule. That woman appears to be smuggling some of those rounder watermelons in her shirt and pants. FAIL!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 02, 18:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once heard a very good rule for drawing women. "If her breasts or buttcheeks resemble any type of fruit, you are doing it wrong."

This was dubbed the Sexy Fruits rule. That woman appears to be smuggling some of those rounder watermelons in her shirt and pants. FAIL!

Someone should have told Posh Spice Victoria Beckham this rule, pre-op.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 02, 18:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always hated Grizzelda's meshes for kids:

I mean, unless you remove ribs from YOUR little girls, no human actually looks like this.
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 02, 19:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I nominate this, not because of the top (which looks basically normal, although who wants a mesh dress over bike shorts?) but because of the odd little calf-aura of pink mesh this creator chose to add.

If it was supposed to be leg warmers, FAIL. If it was supposed to be bell bottoms, PHAIL, and if it was supposed to be anything other than an entry in this month's contest, then ALL ABOARD THE PHAIL BOAT!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 02, 19:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally, a modeling hint: if you make a mesh with really huge hips, don't pose your model holding a purse in such a way that it pokes through her body.

Wow, until I read that I was wondering what the horrible silver growth thing was on her stomach.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 02, 21:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

although who wants a mesh dress over bike shorts?

Speak for yourself, sister.

If it was supposed to be leg warmers, FAIL. If it was supposed to be bell bottoms, PHAIL, and if it was supposed to be anything other than an entry in this month's contest, then ALL ABOARD THE PHAIL BOAT!

Ha ha! I know. It's like I Dream of Calfy. WHAT?

michelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 02, 21:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean, unless you remove ribs from YOUR little girls, no human actually looks like this.

Actually, that sorta looks like me when I was 6-7ish.  It only looks weird because the hips are so much wider than the waist. If the hips and waist were about even in size, that would make it look more real.
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 02, 22:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell has happened to this poor woman's boobs? I mean, srsly, what is that? It looks like her skin has been carved to resemble a piece of clothing, or as if part of her coat is made out of human skin. Either way, the more I look at it, the more it creeps me out.

Ick.

It's based on this outfit:

Link:http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=280280

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 02, 22:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, the original isn't great, either.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 03, 00:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This guy apparently had his scarf stiffened in an odd position.He also seems to have been stretched out, as he is so thin.
http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/1/2/2/4/4/4/8/MTS2_ALEX.s_717214_K-20080120-461255.jpg

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 03, 01:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I nominate this, not because of the top (which looks basically normal, although who wants a mesh dress over bike shorts?) but because of the odd little calf-aura of pink mesh this creator chose to add.
It's not an outfit. That's just a placeholder texture to demonstrate the alpha layers of the mesh. What it LOOKS like is some manner of alphable pants mesh. When you see a texture like that, which typically consists of one or two colors chosen often to clash as vividly as possible, this is generally a placeholder texture to show off parts of a mesh without the distraction of an actual outfit. Transparency of parts indicates that they are the alphable parts.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 03, 03:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if it isn't to demonstrate the mesh, it still looks weird as anything. WTF is with the little leg apron?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 03, 03:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if it isn't to demonstrate the mesh, it still looks weird as anything. WTF is with the little leg apron?
I think it's an alphable pant leg, which can be alpha'ed out for shorter pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 03, 11:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>

That's a perfectly good mesh.  It just looks odd because you're seing it raw rather than with a good texture.
Also, you fail at linking.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 03, 12:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the meshing...technically... isn't SO bad... But WTF at the text?  Shocked
Some people must be born without brains.

INEPT INTP
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 May 03, 15:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The underwear seems to be made out of meat. What to wear under the infamous meatslab dress, eh?

seveneleven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 May 03, 20:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually somewhat resemble that first Grizzelda mesh, besides the inch-thin waist.  :/

I have ample love handles and therefore no waist, but goddammit, I'm proud. Cheesy

ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 May 03, 20:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(image cut)

Actually, that sorta looks like me when I was 6-7ish.  It only looks weird because the hips are so much wider than the waist. If the hips and waist were about even in size, that would make it look more real.

But they aren't, which is the point. Trying to give a young child a skinny waist and hips like an adult just looks freaky, and to me, is a bit creepy.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: