More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:27:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Immaculate Conception
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Immaculate Conception  (Read 8918 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Immaculate Conception
« on: 2005 July 25, 03:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really weird thing happened in my game on the weekend.

I had my sim move in with her two kids to her boyfriends house (father of the kids). Well, not long after this, "Pop" went her tummy and she was pregnant, with his kid. I was stunned. They never even held hands let alone bonked under this new arrangement.

I quickly bought the inseminator to see if I could speed up this pregnancy and check the family tree. Inseminator didn't recognise her pregnancy.

A little girl was born, and all her stats are fine in the family tree view. She is connected to mum and dad and her two brothers. I also noticed that the mum's stats while pregnant didn't decay as fast as they normally do for a preggars sim.

Anyone else had this happen?

Other than that, my game is fine with all of JMP's mods.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Immaculate Conception
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 25, 05:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think moving into a new house can sometimes trigger a pregnancy (well, you know the old saying - New House, New Baby!).  I moved John & Jennifer Burb into a new house, shortly before they were both due to age transition to elders.  I noticed that Jennifer was constantly tired, always hungry, and generally behaving oddly, but I put it down to her increasing age and the fact that she was always awkward and irritating anyway.  Sometime later, when she was an elder and not far off meeting the Reaper, she suddenly started appearing on people's lots in maternity gear!  I went into her file in SimPE and discovered she was definitely pregnant  She was shown as "invisible", but at some point something must have triggered the pregnancy to start moving insofar as she'd been pregnant around 15 Sim years when she suddenly began to wear the maternity clothes.  She didn't have a bump as such (although it was hard to tell with the clothes), but she was definitely waddling.  Quite how this could happen when she was an elder I don't know, unless somehow the game had changed her body to that of an adult.  When I went back into her house she was still in normal clothes, but within a few minutes she transformed into maternity gear seamlessly, without any twirling or anything.

The father was shown as John Burb, but there'd been no woo-hooing.  The pregnancy didn't develop because she was too old, so I'm not sure why the game let her conceive, immaculately or otherwise.  Maybe the change in time due to the house move had something to do with it. 

One thing I did notice was that just after moving in, Jennifer greeted a Sim who had 'flu.  He'd had it for absolutely ages because I hadn't played his lot in a long time - in fact, I think he was single-handedly responsible for the 'flu epidemic I had.  Anyway, at the time the game announced that Jennifer had caught the 'flu, but I'm wondering if maybe somehow it gave her a pregnancy token instead, seeing as how they seem to get mixed-up a lot.  I noticed that the pregnancy token appeared immediately after the memory of meeting this Sim (which is how I know when she got pregnant).  Did your Sim by any chance catch anything nasty about the time she would have become pregnant? 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 25, 05:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the sim in question has never been sick.

Weirdness.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 25, 05:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must have to do with moving house, then.  I've not heard of anyone else mention this happening in their game, but it's still rather odd that it's happened to you and to me.  Perhaps there's another common denominator somewhere.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 25, 06:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm... I'm trying to think if there was anything else to mention about it. But they are a very ordinary family. Neither has a job and they have two kids in private school. Simple house.

It was a nice surprise though and now I see this kid as kind of special.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 25, 11:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think moving into a new house can sometimes trigger a pregnancy (well, you know the old saying - New House, New Baby!).  I moved John & Jennifer Burb into a new house, shortly before they were both due to age transition to elders.  I noticed that Jennifer was constantly tired, always hungry, and generally behaving oddly, but I put it down to her increasing age and the fact that she was always awkward and irritating anyway.  Sometime later, when she was an elder and not far off meeting the Reaper, she suddenly started appearing on people's lots in maternity gear!  I went into her file in SimPE and discovered she was definitely pregnant  She was shown as "invisible", but at some point something must have triggered the pregnancy to start moving insofar as she'd been pregnant around 15 Sim years when she suddenly began to wear the maternity clothes.  She didn't have a bump as such (although it was hard to tell with the clothes), but she was definitely waddling.  Quite how this could happen when she was an elder I don't know, unless somehow the game had changed her body to that of an adult.  When I went back into her house she was still in normal clothes, but within a few minutes she transformed into maternity gear seamlessly, without any twirling or anything.

The father was shown as John Burb, but there'd been no woo-hooing.  The pregnancy didn't develop because she was too old, so I'm not sure why the game let her conceive, immaculately or otherwise.  Maybe the change in time due to the house move had something to do with it. 

One thing I did notice was that just after moving in, Jennifer greeted a Sim who had 'flu.  He'd had it for absolutely ages because I hadn't played his lot in a long time - in fact, I think he was single-handedly responsible for the 'flu epidemic I had.  Anyway, at the time the game announced that Jennifer had caught the 'flu, but I'm wondering if maybe somehow it gave her a pregnancy token instead, seeing as how they seem to get mixed-up a lot.  I noticed that the pregnancy token appeared immediately after the memory of meeting this Sim (which is how I know when she got pregnant).  Did your Sim by any chance catch anything nasty about the time she would have become pregnant? 

You could have changed her back to an adult in SimPE to see if the pregnancy did run its course!  (I changed Mortimer and his ladyfriend back into adults so they could fulfil LTWs - they still look like elders, but act and move and talk like adults - funny thing though, they can buy adult clothes but they can't wear them!)

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 25, 13:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was there a rejected woohoo? That will cause pregnancy Shocked (good one, Maxis Tongue).

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 25, 14:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I occasionally see men waddling around lots in regular clothes, which really irks me. (and no, no one has been abducted) Buggy game this is.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 25, 16:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you need a reinstall!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 25, 18:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have changed her back to an adult in SimPE to see if the pregnancy did run its course!  (I changed Mortimer and his ladyfriend back into adults so they could fulfil LTWs - they still look like elders, but act and move and talk like adults - funny thing though, they can buy adult clothes but they can't wear them!)
Yes, but that would have been too easy on her.  I wanted to change her into a zombie, I couldn't stand the woman.  And the easiest way to solve your problem is to use the Inseminator to change them, usually that changes them in appearance.  If not, you can age them back to teens then grow them up. 

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 25, 22:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never used the Insiminator, so I had no idea you could do that.  Since even with 1GB pf RAM my game starts to lag after a few hours, I frequently have to exit and reload, so going into SimPE for stuff doesn't take long.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: