More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 09:00:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237241 times)
cat
Asinine Airhead

INTJ - "Mastermind"

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #425 on: 2008 September 30, 09:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading somwhere that you get better work done by gardeners/butlers/nannies and the like if you increase your relationship with them (tipping being one way of doing this). I've never actually tried it though, but it wouldn't do any harm to try, seeing as making friends with a service npc still counts towards the friends count for work.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2008 September 30, 13:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have a high relationship with him, either. My sims don't meddle with servants. Hey - perhaps you get the cheap stuff when you are friends with the butler, because he no longer respects you Tongue.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2008 September 30, 13:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to see a hack that replaces the current "first kiss" animation with the AL "suck face" animation. It seems more realistic, doesn't it?

INEPT INTP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2008 September 30, 14:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have a high relationship with him, either. My sims don't meddle with servants. Hey - perhaps you get the cheap stuff when you are friends with the butler, because he no longer respects you Tongue.
This myth has become sufficiently annoying to receive an entry now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rickzoe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2008 October 05, 01:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'd like to see mods that ask 'do you want the fire dept or police to come?' and one that can add a 'bad sim' token so that a sim that grows up badly keeps a mid to low aspiration and needs scores.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2008 October 05, 09:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'd like to see mods that ask 'do you want the fire dept or police to come?'
Under what circumstances? When it thinks you might need one? When you call Emergency, so that you can choose which?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
rickzoe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2008 October 05, 19:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when the game thinks i need one. 

i hate that the cops just show up when my Charlatan is trying to spend quality time with his kids teaching them the ins and outs of thievery.  i also can't stand it when the fire dept shows up when the alarm goes off.  i *could* just not put an alarm in the house but sometimes i want the 3 alarm fire and sometimes i don't.  like the other day i wanted family business to burn down but the fire dept showed up.   Angry

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2008 October 05, 20:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...like the other day i wanted family business to burn down but the fire dept showed up.   Angry
Well, arson is srs bzns. One must plan one's insurance scams carefully.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
rickzoe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2008 October 06, 00:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh so true.  if Mitch says 'be more careful' i'll spit. the family biz is hemorrhaging money--the Caliente sisters are horrible with money, so arson was the only choice (challenge not to sell back businesses).  anyway, i don't even want Demi Love showing up in her squad car unless she's bringing pizza and beer.
trlaavh
Asinine Airhead

Minion Power

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2008 October 11, 01:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have a sim pose in front of the door to the kitchen, while the other sim starts the fire by cooking badly. Then the firefighters can't get through.

My name is Elley, and I have come to annoy with stupid questions. Beware the Minion with access to the Sims 2.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: 2008 December 14, 08:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This OFB annoyance is even more irritating because it's been there so long - I want to be able to queue things after "ring up these customers".  Whne I queue 'Ring up the customers' & then 'use the toilet' - the sim heads of to the bathroom and abandons the customers.  OK the work around is to use "be cashier" instead, but you have to remember to cancel that.  'Be cashier' & then 'use the toilet'  ....... Oops!

Are the hobby chance cards properly integrated?.... for Pets?...  A couple of days back a cat got a chance card which lost it the job, but it didn't come home immediately.  Instead it came home at the normal time with a promotion - I guess job performance was good - or it had 9 lives....   I was playing the sim while the pet earned the money, so I wasn't paying proper attention to the details.  I've had something similar before though.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 14, 09:42:54 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2008 December 24, 14:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want, is "No autonomous single Lobster Termidor, EVER" hack. Oh, and more, more, MORE, variety of painful deaths for those "Oh, I feel just a wee leettle tiny weeny itsy bitsy hungry, let's concoct the Termidor, yay!" numbskulls.

Use Autonomy to proscribe Lobster Thermidor while they're preparing it. No muss, no fuss, and no more autonomous Lobster Thermidor!  Wink

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2008 December 25, 10:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I already posted this... but this seems like the correct thread... so sorry about the duplicate:

I'd like some way to make a zombie hunter.  Once I turn a sim into a zombie hunter, if he beats a zombie in a fight, then that zombie dies. 

Thanks.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2008 December 25, 16:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simius, even though it isn't exactly what you need, perhaps you can use some of the weapons from Simwardrobe to kill zombies with until you find what you are looking for?
« Last Edit: 2008 December 25, 17:06:17 by Tsarina » Logged

INEPT INTP
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2008 December 25, 19:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Tsarina.  I actually had the tactical assualt rifle object in my game at one point, so I could execute prisoners in my prison.  But I removed that because, as much as I hate certain NPCs, it just seemed a bit evil.  I reckon I should do as you say in the mean time and have my zombie hunter keep a gun under his mattress at home for when the zombies visit... and one at his survivalist store to hunt them down until I either figure out how to edit bhavs so he'll kill them on sight... or someone comes up with a mod for the zombie hunter to kill them after beating them in a fight.

At any rate, Merry Christmas to you all.  And thanks for all the other game saving mods that I've downloaded from this site and MTS2.  They truly make the game much much better.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2008 December 25, 19:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to see a hack/mod/therapeutic whack to my sims' heads that will tell them, in cases where the curbside bin has been kicked over by the neighbourhood grouch, when they're directed to pick up the trash, that they should dump it into the bin they're practically standing right on top of instead of carting it all the way back inside the damned house (where they'll dump it into the kitchen bin/compactor, only to get that immediate, retentive flag that says, "ZOMG! There's, liek, rubbish in the bin!!1one! I must cart it all the way back out to the curb NAO!").

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2008 December 26, 08:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to see a hack/mod/therapeutic whack to my sims' heads that will tell them, in cases where the curbside bin has been kicked over by the neighbourhood grouch, when they're directed to pick up the trash, that they should dump it into the bin they're practically standing right on top of instead of carting it all the way back inside the damned house (where they'll dump it into the kitchen bin/compactor, only to get that immediate, retentive flag that says, "ZOMG! There's, liek, rubbish in the bin!!1one! I must cart it all the way back out to the curb NAO!").

Ditto. For serious.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2008 December 26, 08:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the meantime, you could just tell them to pick up the can before telling them to pick up the garbage.  Grin
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2008 December 26, 09:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose you could always make an invisible garbage can... and stick that next to your out door one.  That way they'll dump the garbage in the invisible can that is right next to them... and then move it into the bin they just picked up.  Although a mod to fix the behavior would obviously be better.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2008 December 26, 10:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has mod to prevent sims from kicking over the trash cans.  Personally I'd rather the bins get kicked over, so that my sims will occasionally get sick.

You could try putting a trash chute from AL somewhere near the bin so that your sims will take the rubbish to the trash chute when they clean up the kicked over bin.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2008 December 26, 14:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the meantime, you could just tell them to pick up the can before telling them to pick up the garbage.  Grin

Well, dur. Tongue
I do instruct them to right the bin first, but 9 times out of 10 they still want to truck that muck back indoors.

Inge has mod to prevent sims from kicking over the trash cans.  Personally I'd rather the bins get kicked over, so that my sims will occasionally get sick.
Yeah, I actually like the bin-kickers, too. It's not like they come every damned day like the paper-pinchers, and I kind of enjoy the occasional curve ball of roach cooties. Plus on gardening lots, kicked bin equals free compost fixin's, which are easily and orderly handled by the "compost contents" command. I'm just annoyed by the dork sims who think "clean this up" means "spend 32 minutes of your day lugging this back inside when there's a perfectly good bin right next to you, you stupid berk".

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2008 December 26, 23:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This OFB annoyance is even more irritating because it's been there so long - I want to be able to queue things after "ring up these customers".  Whne I queue 'Ring up the customers' & then 'use the toilet' - the sim heads of to the bathroom and abandons the customers.  OK the work around is to use "be cashier" instead, but you have to remember to cancel that.  'Be cashier' & then 'use the toilet'  ....... Oops!
"Be Cashier" and "Use Terlet" is redundant. The macro already handles bathroom usage.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
thatDAMsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2008 December 27, 01:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading this wonderful thread, I've decided to throw in my wish list for TS2.  Poke and laugh at me if you must, but I have to get this off of my chest:

My Wish List:

1) That the entire EA Management would be thrown out.  And, that people who respect not only PC gamers, but Mac gamers be put in their place.

Ditto

Wherever you go, there you are.
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2008 December 27, 12:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A hack to stop OfB employees from being paid while playing the business owner's household (pay would still be deducted from the employer, though).
And a second hack to stop them from being paid, and the employer from paying, and the annoying 'money' sounds, while a third sim visits the business.
These two would eliminate the biggest obstacles to building an economy in hoods like mine, where hardly anyone has a standard job.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2008 December 27, 12:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...why shouldn't they get money if the employer is paying them?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: