More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 17:14:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237348 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #275 on: 2008 June 20, 02:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zaleth, yes you did miss the point.

Most of us are aware of workarounds to do much of what we want in the game.  However, this thread is about what we wish was in the game - or wish there were mods for - so that we don't have to use clunky workarounds.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2008 June 20, 13:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna, what I posted was no different than all the hacks people post here to help others work around their issues in their wish lists,
yet I do not see you posted to everyone that they missed the point. 

Simply I did not miss a thing, I was trying to help JUST in case they were not aware or it, not everyone who plays the sims knows all the ways to fix the things on our wish lists. 
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2008 June 20, 14:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna, what I posted was no different than all the hacks people post here to help others work around their issues in their wish lists,
yet I do not see you posted to everyone that they missed the point

This thread is about wishing for hacks to fix issues we have with the game.  So, yes, it is appropriate when someone in this thread says "I wish ..." and someone else points out "there is a hack for that".  That's the point of the thread.

The difference here is that someone was wishing for a hack that did what they wanted automatically, presumably so that they don't have to mess around with workarounds (that don't do what they want anyway) because they have chosen not to add a uni subhood. 

In fact, I think you've not only missed the point of this thread, you've also missed the point of the poster you were responding to.  Her* issue was that if there is no uni subhood attached, then she doesn't want her sims' wants and fears panels clogged up with uni-related wants.  She wants her sims to have other wants/fears that she can choose to satisfy (or not).  She doesn't want to cheat the aspiration to a certain level nor does she want to lock it at a certain level, as then there's no point in playing the wants & fears game that she clearly wants to play.  Your "answer" completely missed the point of what she wanted from her gameplay.

Simply I did not miss a thing, I was trying to help JUST in case they were not aware or it, not everyone who plays the sims knows all the ways to fix the things on our wish lists.

You're new here, so you may not realise that the average poster at this site tends to have better in-game knowledge than the average poster at some other sites, and we tend to be more comfortable than many simmers when it comes to playing around with cheats.

*Ravenwaift, I've assumed you're female.  Please accept my apologies if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 20, 15:07:38 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2008 June 22, 01:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And we're more comfortable about insulting people who assume our ignorance than other simmers too.  And poking them with sticks.  Sometimes death threats are involved too.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2008 June 22, 03:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your avatar ever going to age up again?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2008 June 22, 11:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd adore a mod/hack that lets the family cat barge on into the bathroom to use the litterbox, regardless of the presence of any peeing or showering hoomans. Since when does a cat give a rat's about a person's privacy? On-demand litterbox use FTW!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2008 June 23, 04:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...why have you put it in the bathroom? Bathrooms are typically much too small for extraneous accessories like that. Also, cats can use the terlet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2008 June 24, 04:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they can use the terlet, but they neglect to flush. My bathrooms are typically large enough to accommodate the box, so that's where I usually put it. 'Cause it's the room where the peeing happens, I guess.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2008 June 24, 05:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your avatar ever going to age up again?
Possibly.  But the rate at which she ages corresponds to the time I spend here, which isn't very much anymore.  Especially since I haven't posted in RetardoLand since...  can't remember but it seems like at least two years.

I wish Maxis had decided that dormies who lived in your dorm were considered members of your household for the purposes of locking doors so that you could keep actual visitors at bay without blocking their access to places like their dorm rooms.  And that dormies from your dorm wouldn't go to class while you're on a date with them.  And that dormies wouldn't randomly decide to go hang out in their dorm rooms for reasons other than sleep.  (Why do they do that anyway?)  Needless to say, I'm sick of dorms.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2008 June 24, 06:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish for an update to CBOY's normalclothes hack. After spending hours on my sims getting them the perfect outfit, it irks me no end to see them showing up around the neighborhood in their craptastic work clothes instead :-P
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2008 June 24, 10:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After spending hours on my sims getting them the perfect outfit, it irks me no end to see them showing up around the neighborhood in their craptastic work clothes instead :-P

That same thing irritates me to no end. I didn't buy you kids nice clothes so you could run around town like fricking Mayor McFryGuy from McBurger's! When my sims bring someone home in their Craptastic Work Clothes TM the first thing I do is Influence to... Bathe, thus putting them back into their lovingly chosen outfits. Do you save/leave lots while family members are dressed for work?

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2008 June 24, 10:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, it's possible. I'll have to work on avoiding that from now on and see if that helps matters. It wouldn't bother me half so much if FatD's Clothing Controller changed them out of their work clothes the way it changes sims out of every other type of outfit. I usually have one of those in the living room of each sim house to change them back into normal clothes, but for some reason, it doesn't change sims out of their crappy work garb, sigh.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2008 June 24, 11:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urgh, I hate having a sim's dresser up on the 2nd floor, in the back of the house, and having it take him an hour of his day just to run upstairs and take off his stupid bell diver gear. Would definitely wish for a hacked painting, vase, whatever, that I can plunk in the foyer/lr and change them when they come in the door.

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2008 June 24, 11:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Sounds like you could use this. Wink

ETA: Unless I understood wrong and you wished for a painting/vase/whatever that would *automatically* change them to everyday or what, in that case I think Inge has some stuff like that.

Dive in!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2008 June 24, 14:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, the latest version of TwoJeffs' Visitor Controller (a very handy mod) forces the sims to change into normal clothes when they get home from work. Due to requests, the next version will make that optional, so you could set it on a lot-by-lot basis.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2008 June 24, 17:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Automatic or manual doesn't matter as much to me (at least until I try it and see which I like better); I just want to get 'em out of those stupid togs without wasting time traipsing them all over the place.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: 2008 June 24, 22:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just keep the dresser downstairs near the front door.   Tongue

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2008 June 24, 23:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, the latest version of TwoJeffs' Visitor Controller (a very handy mod) forces the sims to change into normal clothes when they get home from work. Due to requests, the next version will make that optional, so you could set it on a lot-by-lot basis.

Hmmm, that might explain something I noticed. I had the Visitor Controller installed, but didn't spawn it on any lots, so I decided I could do without it and disabled it in Clean Installer. I had noticed that my sims weren't wearing their work clothes when exiting the carpool upon return to the lot, and that they later started wearing the work clothes, but I didn't make the connection with my removal of the Visitor Controller since I'd never used it when installed. I put it back in and sure enough, the after-work ugly clothing parade ended immediately! Thanks!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2008 June 24, 23:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just keep the dresser downstairs near the front door.   Tongue

I do that on occasion, but it just never looks right to me. In dorms, though, I only ever bother putting one dresser out in the common/living room. Dormies don't need 'em, and it saves space in my sims' rooms for those authentic-to-college-dorms double beds.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2008 June 25, 06:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why, but the VC does not change sims into normal clothing for me, nor did FatD's painting nor did several other hacks. The only one that ever worked for me was a door and that was outdated years ago.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2008 June 25, 08:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, I'm wondering if your sims take their own cars to work or go in the carpool.  With the VC, I find my sims who use the carpool and come home from work in a car (instead of a helicopter, flying, etc) come home in normal clothing.  My sims who drive their own cars to work come home in work clothing. 

Very few of my sims have cars, and when I do give them cars I never bother assigning them, keeping it as the family car rather than belonging to just one member of the household.  That way it's available for sims who just got a job/promotion starting in the next hour or who missed the carpool/school bus for some reason.  I'm glad TJ will be editing the VC to make this feature optional, as I want my sims (and the friends they bring home) to come home in work clothes.

Some of my romance & pleasure sims used to roll up a want to slip into something more comfortable when they got home from work, and I haven't seen that want for a while now - probably because they're not coming home in work clothes.  I don't have any hacks affecting wants in my game at the moment, so it's not wfsanity or something similar that's stopping the want from rolling up.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2008 June 25, 08:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both, Kyna. I don't know what it is, I completely redid my hacks for Freetime, so I doubt anything's lingering. The only conflicts I get are from Inge's sleep late hacks for adults, toddlers and elders and also between some of JM's phone stuff and the VC.

It's been an ongoing problem for me almost from the start of the game.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2008 June 25, 13:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In dorms, though, I only ever bother putting one dresser out in the common/living room. Dormies don't need 'em, and it saves space in my sims' rooms for those authentic-to-college-dorms double beds.

Yea, I do the same -- the gym locker type dresser looks fine sitting in a hallway in a dorm. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2008 June 25, 16:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm partial to the half-height, wooden "atomic bedrom" dresser masquerading as a sofa table, myself.  Wink

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2008 June 25, 19:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somewhere I picked up a modded Seasons coatrack that has all the dresser options.  It doesn't take up much space and looks right at home in a foyer.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: