More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:09:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 235891 times)
chordin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #200 on: 2008 June 07, 06:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want an object which I can put in sim's inventory to make my sims cry often or just sometimes.

That could add so much reality when someone dies, gets cheated or is depressed...
Now they cry more about peeing on the floor than the death of their spouse.  Roll Eyes
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: 2008 June 07, 06:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish we could plan funeral parties or wakes using the phone, like we can for house parties, etc. After all, there is a black buffet-table already in the game.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2008 June 07, 06:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That could add so much reality when someone dies, gets cheated or is depressed...
Now they cry more about peeing on the floor than the death of their spouse.  Roll Eyes

Yeah, they completely lack a concept of a "proportionate response", don't they? And their emotional ADHD can truly baffle. "Oh, mah GAWD, I saw a ROACH! I must sob for hours nao!" followed by, "BooHoo, I didn't go to University! I'm uneducated! Meh, bought an expensive counter instead. Uni can stuff it." Yeah, seeing a roach is exactly as traumatizing as the death of a spouse, if not more. And all it takes to get over the death of your spouse is the purchase of an armchair. Oh, but a burglar who doesn't even steal anything and is immediately apprehended? Netting the homeowner a $500 bonus, no less? Yeah, that one they'll bitch about for the rest of their lives.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2008 June 07, 07:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In sims 1 they used to mourn for three days. If ever I couldn't find a sim, they'd be out at graveside, crying. I think that was slightly excessive but more real than now. Once you break the queue for crying, they don't do it again. They should have the odd memory, like that of the burglar.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2008 June 07, 08:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they aren't crying over roaches so much as having a moment of existential angst. Their god hates them and has allowed a plague of locusts roaches to infest their home.
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: 2008 June 07, 09:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After thinking long and hard, I think I'd like my Sims to be able to manage their time and make plans for the future.  Because that's something I suck at. Wink

xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2008 June 07, 13:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am feeling sullen that the apartment ep seems to not include my idea about giant roaches.  I personally would cry for three days if I saw a roach the size of a car scuttling through the yard or maybe floating dead in the pool.  Why can't my sims?
chordin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2008 June 07, 14:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In sims 1 they used to mourn for three days. If ever I couldn't find a sim, they'd be out at graveside, crying. I think that was slightly excessive but more real than now. Once you break the queue for crying, they don't do it again. They should have the odd memory, like that of the burglar.

I think that three days would be better but it's too exact. Three sim days is definately too long time to mourn some wife beater.
I really want some personality. I want sims who survive catastrophies without troubles and sims who mourn the rest of their lives. 
(And I want to be the goddess who controls all of it.)
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2008 June 07, 17:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wish you could move a family from the sim bin into an empty house with out having to actually enter the lot. much like when you're just moving a sim in with an existing household. also, that plant babies are actually planted in the garden for the requisit three days. no plant springs forth from the earth almost fully grown.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2008 June 07, 17:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. The ability for Servos and Plantsims to be able to sleep in the BV tents.
2. The BV maids to actually do something other than stand on the same spot the entire vacation while possibly turning their heads to view other Sims.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2008 June 07, 18:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. The BV maids to actually do something other than stand on the same spot the entire vacation while possibly turning their heads to view other Sims.

That one has been fixed by Paladin over on www.simwardrobe.com -- look in his fixes area for the 'improved-housekeeping' fix.  He also has one that makes the bellhop useful.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 June 07, 19:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the heck is the point in having a double bed in the Greenman house when only one spouse sleeps?

To give them a place to try for a baby.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008 June 07, 20:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, my BV maids are quite busy! For instance, if a sim throws something away in a bin in the hallway, the maid will immediately come snatch up that bin liner full of one item in order to take it over to the other hallway's bin and put it there. After which they must, of course, take it out of that bin to go put it back into the first. At which point there's a bin that needs emptying, so they empty it back into the 2nd bin again... which then needs emptying... yes, this goes on for hours and hours...  Roll Eyes

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008 June 07, 22:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes, the bin dance!  I've deleted a lot of bins from hotels after seeing that one too many times...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 June 08, 18:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... I wish it was possible to assign certain Sims in the house to "do chores" like a Servo so the big ol' manors can have live-in maids and butlers and the like. Currently you always have to macrotastics them to clean and then find them something to do so they aren't lounging on the couch. I know there are NPCs out there that do this sort of thing, but I'd rather use one of my many playables or townies. Something like Paladin's servo controller that would work on non-servos, perhaps...
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 June 08, 20:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Swiftgold, I'm doing that by starting a home business that does nothing, hiring an employee and assigning "Tidy Up" to them. Works fine in my game? I have one such playable maid in my game .. I think she does everything a regular NPC maid would do -- empty trashcans, make beds etc.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2008 June 08, 21:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they completely lack a concept of a "proportionate response", don't they? And their emotional ADHD can truly baffle. "Oh, mah GAWD, I saw a ROACH! I must sob for hours nao!" followed by, "BooHoo, I didn't go to University! I'm uneducated! Meh, bought an expensive counter instead. Uni can stuff it." Yeah, seeing a roach is exactly as traumatizing as the death of a spouse, if not more. And all it takes to get over the death of your spouse is the purchase of an armchair. Oh, but a burglar who doesn't even steal anything and is immediately apprehended? Netting the homeowner a $500 bonus, no less? Yeah, that one they'll bitch about for the rest of their lives.
[/quote]

I have a family that the grandmothers from both sides of the family lived with the family.  The grandson was at home when the first grandmother died and he took it very hard.  He cried for quite a while.  Then when he got really sleepy he went to bed and he dreamed of her.   When his bar was full at 4 am he got up and cried some more thinking of her.  He then went to the piano and played with thoughts of her popping up along with her tombstone.

I was so touched by this.  Then the poor thing his other grandmother passed the next day and he was again sad but not like with the first grandmother.  After 3 sim days he still cries about her.  Is this unusual?
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 June 09, 01:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Swiftgold, I'm doing that by starting a home business that does nothing, hiring an employee and assigning "Tidy Up" to them. Works fine in my game? I have one such playable maid in my game .. I think she does everything a regular NPC maid would do -- empty trashcans, make beds etc.

Do you have problems with visitors, doing it this way? I've had a few home businesses, but apart from the brothel which is pretty much open all the time, I haven't been able to run one with any success because of phone-invited guests complaining about things being dirty even when the business wasn't running (I put Squinge's No Customer Complain back in after that, no matter how it might bork things), and with visitors leaving when the store closes and becoming customers, and other things that just don't work with how I play :\

I've also used Paladin's playable maid controller, but since you can't interact with them while they're working and can't ask them to stay when they're done, I figured I may as well just go back to the NPC maid I always ignore anyway...
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2008 June 09, 02:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After 3 sim days he still cries about her.  Is this unusual?

That really does sound touching, and to my experience it is unusual. Nice, though. I'd be bored if they all ran around sobbing for days, but I'd like it if, as with your sim, my sims would occasionally care that someone they loved has died. Not every sim or for every death (or to have them all out back in "Sims 1" motive failure at the tombstones all over again), but given their ability to keep that fury chip on their shoulders for freaking ever, a little sadness seems a reasonable thing for them to tote around for a few days.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 June 09, 02:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like their furiousness. But sadness is for pussies and people in my family are executed for that sort of nonsense. But furiousness? We NEVER FORGIVE!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 June 09, 02:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah! I definitely don't want a bunch of emo crybabies weeping up the joint, but I still maintain that the death of a spouse/parent should manage to bum a sim out for more than a few minutes. As for enemies righteously accumulated through the judicious application of Moar Fight, I'm all for keeping the fury. But when someone breaks into a toddler's house and he's still fretting over it on his wedding day? Pfft. Total puss.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 June 09, 02:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean still furious? Why shouldn't he be? NEVER FORGET! NEVER FORGIVE! As for deaths, well, you know, people die. People dying never bothered me any. Although I did find an appropriate scream animation. Maybe they should send off the dead with a proper Klingonesque Death Scream rather than all that pathetic sobbing. Ugh. I intentionally do not allow them to attend death scenes because of that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 June 09, 04:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm doing that by starting a home business that does nothing, hiring an employee and assigning "Tidy Up" to them

Do you have problems with visitors, doing it this way? I've had a few home businesses, but apart from the brothel which is pretty much open all the time, I haven't been able to run one with any success because of phone-invited guests complaining about things being dirty even when the business wasn't running (I put Squinge's No Customer Complain back in after that, no matter how it might bork things), and with visitors leaving when the store closes and becoming customers, and other things that just don't work with how I play :\

I never open the business, so, no visitor issues. Dunno about complaining guests (I've always used No Complain; does it break things?), but almost every lot in my hood is some kind of home business -- so, if the complaining was a problem I'd have it anyway, maid or not. 
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 June 09, 04:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I think that's the part that makes me so annoyed by the 'Meh' attitude they develop so quickly thereafter. It's such a trauma that the whole fam has to pack in and wail about it, but then a couple minutes later they're all "Wife, who?" and "I had a mom?". Guess they take the speed-processing approach to grief - just ralph it all up at once and be done with it.

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 June 09, 05:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm doing that by starting a home business that does nothing, hiring an employee and assigning "Tidy Up" to them

I never open the business, so, no visitor issues. Dunno about complaining guests (I've always used No Complain; does it break things?), but almost every lot in my hood is some kind of home business -- so, if the complaining was a problem I'd have it anyway, maid or not. 

Far as I know it doesn't break anything, but it's unsupported so it could, potentially. I certainly hope not, because it's way too useful. I had the complaining problem before I'd even set up the business, so I wasn't too keen to keep trying, but I'll try it employee-style with that hack in and see how it goes.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: