More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 00:04:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237264 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #100 on: 2008 May 03, 04:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see the stupid sims who run out into the street to play catch, fetch, or pillow fight get mowed down by cars. I think it would be quite realistic, considering that they are out in the middle of the road.
The real issue with sims is that, being computer people, they have the total inability to recognize their own locations. Computers are notoriously bad when it comes to finding a location for anything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 May 03, 04:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Computers are notoriously bad when it comes to finding a location for anything.

Except for GPS systems, I would hope?

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 May 03, 05:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any suggestions on how to make my sims a little more death-prone?

At Uni?  Remove the stove and put in a microwave -- that way your sim(s) can eat, but the dormies don't ever use the microwave autonomously.  You'll kill the whole lot of them by the time your sim graduates. Smiley

Seriously, in my game at least it seems to have something to do with the type of dorm. I lose more dormies in the bigger, multi-story dorms than I do in the one-level dorms.

It's not the dormies/townies that I want to die accidentally.  I make all my own townies & dormies, and I'd rather not have to go into CAS to replace a dorm full of dormies because they all died before my sim graduated.  I find townies & dormies useful fodder for ACR, as customers in player-run businesses and as employees.  And since I made them myself, with default face templates, they're not too fugly to marry in & breed.

It's the playables that I want to die accidentally.  All my playables die of old age.  In some of my neighbourhoods I roll for chance of random death every day (or every 3-day rotation) for every sim teen & older, so am able to fake "accidental" deaths.  But it would be nice if it was part of the game somehow, to surprise me.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 May 03, 06:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being chased by bees could carry a small chance of death. I was just thinking of that...my sim who has an understanding with Death, Terrence, was catching bugs and got chased by bees. He'd barely started running amok when daughter-in-law Frances came back from her hike to be...you guessed it...chased by bees. All that running around and motive plummeting. Sims should have a small chance of being allergic to bee stings and kicking it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2008 May 03, 07:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have already explained how I factor in random death.  Any Sim who has deliberately ignored a perfectly functional fridge in order to get to the stage where they are pointing to their throat and gagging is deemed to have committed assisted suicide.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008 May 03, 08:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except for GPS systems, I would hope?
That is not finding a location FOR something, that is just finding a location. A GPS cannot determine an appropriate place to park your car, for instance. In fact, just getting the computer to decide WHERE you could park the car, let alone HOW you would do so, is all but impossible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 May 03, 09:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wish an hack that will made NPC mutch more intelligent, so they can manage the shop.
I wish to have a npc-sims that will sell stuff to a playable sims Tongue

actually i run it by taking the control of the sims but that's a bit boring  Angry

another wish is to have a random interaction when they are at table.
why just the controlled sims should flirt or thrown food ? :p

the last one is the disagree when they are seat at the table, they nod but they disagree ... that's a bit stupid
if you remove the table, when they disagree.. the animation of "disagree" will be played correctly... maxis-messing
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008 May 03, 11:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wish an hack that will made NPC mutch more intelligent, so they can manage the shop.
I wish to have a npc-sims that will sell stuff to a playable sims Tongue
In Soviet Russia, Business Runs YOU!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 May 03, 23:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the last one is the disagree when they are seat at the table, they nod but they disagree ... that's a bit stupid
if you remove the table, when they disagree.. the animation of "disagree" will be played correctly... maxis-messing
The way they argue is also bassackward.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 May 05, 11:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have already explained how I factor in random death.  Any Sim who has deliberately ignored a perfectly functional fridge in order to get to the stage where they are pointing to their throat and gagging is deemed to have committed assisted suicide.

Inge, that method is win. I shall henceforth use with glee.

Also I think I've mentioned this one somewhere before, but another item on my Wish List is a mod that will speed the clock up when the only one awake in the house is the stupid cat. I love playing families with pets (especially with two or more because then they can entertain each other and only be interacted with when it's convenient, lol), but I'd dearly love to be able to get that "auto-3x time" back when all the hoomans are sleeping or at work.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 May 05, 17:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want my sim to be able to beat up the stupid burglar by himself. Or to have the burglar being armed. That way the stupid "Be careful, burglars can be dangerous!" popup would actually mean something. I think I would even prefer that. A change that the burglar might kill you, would be good.

Sims being able to be run over by a car, would be good too. In my last playing session a car went over a skunk. For a second I actually expected it to be roadkill after that.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 May 06, 01:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I think I've mentioned this one somewhere before, but another item on my Wish List is a mod that will speed the clock up when the only one awake in the house is the stupid cat. I love playing families with pets (especially with two or more because then they can entertain each other and only be interacted with when it's convenient, lol), but I'd dearly love to be able to get that "auto-3x time" back when all the hoomans are sleeping or at work.

Don't have Pets, but I hereby Officially Wish for a mod to "auto-3x time" when everybody is sleeping AND/OR meditating.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2008 May 06, 07:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play with my fingers over the 1,2 and 3 keys all the time, and use them pretty automatically now Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2008 May 06, 08:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I drag the pets energy bars down so they sleep when my sims sleep Wink

Bembella
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 May 06, 13:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something I've been wishing for for a long time is the ability to change a sim's favourite food. That and the option to shoot/kick/napalm stray dogs when they roll in the flower beds.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 May 06, 16:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto on the fave food. As for stray dogs, if you still want them in general you can just download and place Business Runs You (here) and  make them bugger off.

I play with my fingers over the 1,2 and 3 keys all the time, and use them pretty automatically now Smiley
Pisses me off so much when I accidentally hit the Number Lock key and can't figure out why the controls aren't working. My keyboard is in an odd place. I can't actually see where my hands are most of the time. I need a tiny keyboard.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 May 06, 17:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably not mod-worthy, but on my list of annoyances I'd love to wish away... It irritates me to no end when, after I've just schlepped my sim's arse on down to the pet store and spent 20 minutes designing the new family pet, before my sim even gets the chance to say hi to their newly-created friend, there are 8 townie jerks lining up to bogart the new kitty and fling it into the air. Manners, people!

(If it weren't for TJ's "No Pet Obsession" my pet-owning families would never throw a party again.)

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 2008 May 06, 18:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More wish:
Sims should really understand classes of object.  Heck - objects should *have* classes.  Sims should know what is *a* swing, *a* toilet, *a* chess set etc.  When sims visit a lot that has types of objects they don't own at home they should recognise that fact and make an effort to try the new experiences.  Their programming for arrival at any new lot should be "find best object for novelty" - depending on personality.  Some sims may shy away from novelty, but they should have some idea what has restricted availabilty to them and take advantage of it when it's available.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 May 06, 19:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't have Pets, but I hereby Officially Wish for a mod to "auto-3x time" when everybody is sleeping AND/OR meditating.

When did that go away, anyway? I seem to remember it being part of the normal game. Did EA break it, or was it deliberately removed?

I do notice sims seem to have different wants for objects on community lots- I don't think I've seen my sims have a want to "play chess" much. It would be nice if the wants that we might otherwise want to stomp completely would trigger on community lots, when the object is present.

I'd like the influence system to be more interesting and useful. I'd like sims to be able to influence...action with ME (not another sim), and for influenced actions to not necessarily be rejected. Or an influence...attack. I'd like to see children and teens influence others to do their homework- why should it only be for uni students? I'd like to see wants to reach the next influence level, or the influence level being a factor in promotions, or maybe even chemistry. I'd like to see sims influence other sims to work as employees, if only temporarily, and to properly garden. It would also be nice if you could influence a sim to develop a skill--like a townie teen, for example, or a visitor, or to activate a servo if you want their skills.

I'd like the aspirations to be more dynamic, and also to include more generic, random wants outside of the aspiration. It could be all in my head, but I feel like they've been getting less and less so with each EP, and it makes the sims a lot more boring. They just have fewer possible wants, period. I miss knowledge and money sims having wants to get married and fall in love, for example, or family sims wanting to randomly eat an omelette, or pay attention to their spouse. And it would be nice if the popularity aspiration had more "influence and power" kinds of wants. I know freetime was supposed to help with that, but I doubt it really made much difference in the way I am hoping for. I suspect the available wants are even more limited, and not less. I'd also like to see better wants and fears for pleasure sims, and more turn-ons/offs. You can really tell that stuff was just phoned in--all concept, no implementation.

Last, I'd really like it if any adult in the household with sufficient relationship could encourage a child. There's no reason they should have to be related. It's pointless. In real life, kids are influenced by adults not their parents (like teachers, aunts & uncles, family friends).

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 May 06, 19:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always get auto-3x-time whenever a whole house is asleep.  Like Inge, I also play with my fingers over the "pause"-1-2-3 keys and switch between.  2x is my usual running speed.

I would also like "influence action with ME".

Tribulatio proxima est
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 May 06, 20:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of like that if you want to influence sims, you have to use others as a puppet. This is what was so fun about the "I'm Surrounded by Idiots" challenge. You have to work to keep your meter filled so you could get the dumbasses around you to do things. Otherwise, I hardly use it.

Also chiming in to say I play with one finger on "p" for pause.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2008 May 06, 20:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read the whole thread just so I didn't wish for this if it was already wished for. I would love this.

with 2 littles under 5 I often play one handed. I have my pg up, pg down, and ctrl keys mapped to my mouse so I can build a house and play easily one handed. Except for the damn speed when humans are sleeping and pets are not. I don't want to have to pay attention to 6 am so that I slow it down and make all my sims do the next thing in their lives. I pretty much play on speed 1. I watch my sims live, even when its boring Wink. But the pets, not interested in watching them all fricking night.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2008 May 07, 11:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As we're wishing - I wish the game loaded faster and ran better and the hood screen didn't turn black and flash at me when it can't manage to load properly.  I wish Maxis would keep working on their existing stuff and issue more patches rather than transferring all resources to new work.  More realistically, I wish for a rewrite of Lotpackager so that you CAN safely transfer a lot with played sims from one hood to the other or upload it.  In game would be nice, so the save doesn't take forever as you package up all the unused CC.  Failing a complete rewrite, I'd like a simple tool to clean up the family bits of a sims2pack file the way CI cleans out the unused objects.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 May 07, 13:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. cyykes. In a matter of a paragraph you addressed all of the major annoyances with Sims 2, except for one.  I would like to be able to extract in-born game Sims IN GAME, too.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 May 07, 18:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last, I'd really like it if any adult in the household with sufficient relationship could encourage a child. There's no reason they should have to be related. It's pointless. In real life, kids are influenced by adults not their parents (like teachers, aunts & uncles, family friends).

Yea, the whole relationship thing is a PITA. I have two sim couples in a large house; the male of one is cousin to the female of the other.  They of course have the family icon for each other. He has 100/100 relationship with her son and high active, and can't encourage the kid to be active because he doesn't have the family icon with the kid.  ARGH!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: