More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:56:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237353 times)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 28, 22:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like for sims to stack and put leftovers in the fridge the way dirty dishes are stacked and carried to the sink/dishwasher when they are cleaned up. It's annoying that sims pick up every leftover meal separately, especially if the leftovers are all the same type of food. Granted, there are different amounts left on different plates/bowls, but it's just very inefficient for leftovers to be put away separately. At the very least, perhaps JM could add 'put away leftovers' to macrotastics, so we don't have to click every dish individually, or wait for an anal-retentive sim to put them away autonomously.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 28, 22:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leftovers never occur in Macrotastics-based play. Therefore, there is no particular reason to incorporate this functionality. As Macrotastics always calculates the precise food item needed to perfectly fill a sim, and always selects and then replaces the correct food tray from a sim's inventory, leftovers never occur.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 28, 23:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I purposely create leftovers for my families that have children, so that the kids can get leftovers from the fridge when the parents are at work, and then the nanny won't start making crepes suzettes, or something ridiculous like that, and burn down the bleedin' house. I don't like having to dig things out of inventory in order to use them, when I can simply click the fridge.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 28, 23:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Choose "Make Many...". It will make a platter and stash it in the inventory. Macrotastics will automatically use these platters. No need to resort to anything as grotesque as leftovers, or dig out of the inventory: Just click "Macro.../Eat". Macrotastics handles all of the work of extracting and then replacing the platter.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 28, 23:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My wish is a complete rewrite of the game.  So that for instance instead of toilets yelling "Yoohoo!  I am a toilet.  How's yer bladder?"  the sim thinks "How's my bladder?  Hmm a bit full.  Where is a toilet?"   And so the sim can think "Here's Goopy.  I am furious with him.  I think I will thump him" instead of some controller on the corner of the lot going "Now where can I find a sim with a bad memory of Goopy? Aha Mortimor will do - I'll force a Thump Goopy interaction upon him while he's reading to his kids"

A nice modest request I see.  Personally, I'd settle for an antiprank hack that squashes every single instance of pranking.  Or I might have a conflict with the current one.  Drives me bonkers.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 April 28, 23:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My wish is a complete rewrite of the game.  So that for instance instead of toilets yelling "Yoohoo!  I am a toilet.  How's yer bladder?"  the sim thinks "How's my bladder?  Hmm a bit full.  Where is a toilet?"
The reverse-logic here ALMOST works for objects, specifically because it simplifies the amount of AI code, but the problem is that since advertisement values are essentially produced arbitrarily, many of them are utter bollocks, and there needs to be a feedback-loop so that a sim will learn from the experience, thus avoiding ineffective solutions.

And so the sim can think "Here's Goopy.  I am furious with him.  I think I will thump him" instead of some controller on the corner of the lot going "Now where can I find a sim with a bad memory of Goopy? Aha Mortimor will do - I'll force a Thump Goopy interaction upon him while he's reading to his kids"
There actually is no such controller. Sim-socials work pretty much in the same random undirected way that every other sim action does.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 April 28, 23:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reverse-logic here ALMOST works for objects, specifically because it simplifies the amount of AI code, but the problem is that since advertisement values are essentially produced arbitrarily, many of them are utter bollocks, and there needs to be a feedback-loop so that a sim will learn from the experience, thus avoiding ineffective solutions.

Memory and learnng yes, that would be my wish. Little sim neural nets, wandering my labyrinths.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 April 28, 23:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like for sims to stack and put leftovers in the fridge the way dirty dishes are stacked and carried to the sink/dishwasher when they are cleaned up. It's annoying that sims pick up every leftover meal separately, especially if the leftovers are all the same type of food. Granted, there are different amounts left on different plates/bowls, but it's just very inefficient for leftovers to be put away separately. At the very least, perhaps JM could add 'put away leftovers' to macrotastics, so we don't have to click every dish individually, or wait for an anal-retentive sim to put them away autonomously.

I think dizzy made a hack like that. You might have to look in the graveyard. I had it on my laptop, before it exploded in a BFBVFS.

I wish we could modify turn-ons and turn-offs. Even with the extra ones they gave us in BV, there are very few of them. They don't really seem like they'd be that complicated to code. I think EA just got lazy. I mean, how hard would it be to make a turn off for "bad at cleaning?"

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 April 29, 00:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wants to donate money to charity and donate time to non-profit work might be interesting ways to burn some sim cash and get unemployed sims out of the house for a few hours.

You know, just a simple "donate to charity" hack would be great.  It could be as simple as a phone or computer function that allows you to donate some of the household funds to charity, perhaps using a slider like the ones used for ordering groceries/paying the matchmaker/making a zombie.  Maybe the donor would get a good memory or an aspiration boost or something.  An easy, feel-good way to get rid of extra simolians.
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 April 29, 01:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked the costume trunk for party costumes and the doors that make anyone passing change clothes in a set way (formal, naked, beach...)

yes, it is all sims1 stuff, but i have not yet found it for sims2.
Fat D's clothes controller has the change through door functionality. I haven't tried it though because it's said to conflict with Pescado's no unneeded coats.

[Insert request for leftover usage.]

I think dizzy made a hack like that. You might have to look in the graveyard. I had it on my laptop, before it exploded in a BFBVFS.
Dizzy is alive and updating his hacks here.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 29, 01:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, just a simple "donate to charity" hack would be great.  It could be as simple as a phone or computer function that allows you to donate some of the household funds to charity, perhaps using a slider like the ones used for ordering groceries/paying the matchmaker/making a zombie.  Maybe the donor would get a good memory or an aspiration boost or something.  An easy, feel-good way to get rid of extra simolians.

That would be fantastic - awesome idea! I like the aspiration/mood boost accompaniment.

Personally, the hack/mod I would give giant (if fictional) buckets of cash to see is something that will stop non-playables arriving on comm lots from insisting on hiking to the ass end of nowhere for no reason whatsoever before you can interact with them. Even a "Come Here" gets put on hold until they're finished their useless trek to the far, back corner of the dang lot. It's good that they don't clog the portals and wait for something fun to lure them out of the way, but the pointless wander is time-wasting and inefficient.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 April 29, 02:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, the hack/mod I would give giant (if fictional) buckets of cash to see is something that will stop non-playables arriving on comm lots from insisting on hiking to the ass end of nowhere for no reason whatsoever before you can interact with them. Even a "Come Here" gets put on hold until they're finished their useless trek to the far, back corner of the dang lot. It's good that they don't clog the portals and wait for something fun to lure them out of the way, but the pointless wander is time-wasting and inefficient.
What a coincidence. I happen to have just such an Undiscovered Shiny. Fat Gwilly People haven't asked, though.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 April 29, 03:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played restaurants much because I've never had the motivation. However, is it possible to determine the menu of a restaurant? Like, if I wanted a restaurant to only serve grilled cheese, could I? If not...that's a hack I want.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 April 29, 03:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- I would love to see a hack that would permanently change a YA through Elder Sim to teenager height and allow them to use teenager animations so they properly line up with objects and such, while continuing to be treated as an adult in all other respects.  Why?  Because I want height variation!  Even if it's just short/tall!  (I don't care about toddlers or kids.)

- I'd like to see cats and dogs act a little more realistically.  Cats should be nocturnal and occasionally randomly go bananas, for example.

- Sims should be able to LEARN.  Even if it's just a crude token-based want/do not want system.

-  Buyable baby.  I don't even need Emma's incubator, just a basic crate with a baby in it would be fine for me.  (In case anyone's wondering, this is mainly something I would use for testing baby-related Bodyshop work, since there's no convenient way to check it out at this time.)

- A better program for viewing various items that currently can only be seen by loading the game.  (Like babies!)  SimPE's option for viewing furniture meshes is adequate in some cases but not for everything.

- A magic wand that has a large number of interesting/useful effects, at least some of which are not already easily available in the game by other means.  (Example: Temporarily turn a Sim into a penguin or an inanimate object.)  Plus all the usual potion effects and old favorites that are hard to come by without a hack, like summoning a UFO, smiting with a satellite, death by flies and so on.  Ideally, pretty much anything that can be done with the InSIM OBJ edition, but in wand form and without all the unnecessary global crap.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 April 29, 03:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played restaurants much because I've never had the motivation. However, is it possible to determine the menu of a restaurant? Like, if I wanted a restaurant to only serve grilled cheese, could I? If not...that's a hack I want.
You can do this with an owned restaurant-type business. Have a sim "Plan menu" on that podium thing and your Grilled Cheese restaurant will be up and running in no time!

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 April 29, 04:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leftovers never occur in Macrotastics-based play. Therefore, there is no particular reason to incorporate this functionality. As Macrotastics always calculates the precise food item needed to perfectly fill a sim, and always selects and then replaces the correct food tray from a sim's inventory, leftovers never occur.

Speaking of that, why does Macro: Garden send a Sim to eat two bites of food when their hunger is more than 3/4 full?

I'll second this. It's a bit ridiculous that the local bowling alley should serve lime seared prawns and filet mignon. (And, yes I know you can set the menu on owned lots. I want the feature in unowned lots).
« Last Edit: 2008 April 29, 04:12:10 by reggikko » Logged
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 April 29, 04:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something to make the alien skintone and eyes and the mannequin skintone selectable in Bodyshop would be nice, if it doesn't already exist.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 April 29, 05:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something to make the alien skintone and eyes and the mannequin skintone selectable in Bodyshop would be nice, if it doesn't already exist.

It does exist; I has it.

Well, I don't think it has mannequin, but I know it has the alien stuff. One is called "hiddenskins" and the other, I think, is "CAS_Alieneyes". If you can't find them just by the names I'd be happy to send them to you.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 April 29, 06:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of that, why does Macro: Garden send a Sim to eat two bites of food when their hunger is more than 3/4 full?

I also find that a tad irritating, especially when macro/garden sends them running back to finish the last bite on a plate, and then, at that point the macro ends because there is no more gardening to do.  Is there no way for the macro to know ahead of time, how long the gardening will take?  6 plants vs 60 plants, greenhouse vs outdoors, etc.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 April 29, 06:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do this with an owned restaurant-type business. Have a sim "Plan menu" on that podium thing and your Grilled Cheese restaurant will be up and running in no time!
Yay! I seem to be hit with a plethora of Grilled-Cheese secondary aspirations considering that there's only a 5% chance of the randomizer giving me that. 4 kids out of 12 in the 3rd generation in Teardrop Isle so far are GC 2nds. One specifically hits me as the type to start up a grilled cheese shop in his basement (haven't rolled to build a community lot restaurant yet, I just have a crappy arcade and a nonfunctional car dealership), and if I ever roll a restaurant it could go to a sit-down eatery.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2008 April 29, 08:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to disagree with that. There are actually a lot of people who "don't want to be tied down by responsibility", either to other people, possessions or situations.

That's not a negative aspiration.  That is a positive aspiration to have freedom.  If you wanted the negative to that you'd describe it as an aspiration to be "bogged down by duty and feel trapped" which isn't an aspiration is it?   Maybe I was debating the semantics rather than the sentiment of the wish - ie by definition no intelligent person has a negative aspiration.  Oh... right that probably makes negative aspirations quite suited to sims Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 April 29, 09:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nightwishhh, I believe you have misunderstood this thread.  You are suppose to be wishing...not requesting.  Wink
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 April 29, 09:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, the hack/mod I would give giant (if fictional) buckets of cash to see is something that will stop non-playables arriving on comm lots from insisting on hiking to the ass end of nowhere for no reason whatsoever before you can interact with them. [snip]
What a coincidence. I happen to have just such an Undiscovered Shiny. Fat Gwilly People haven't asked, though.

Ooh, ooh! Giant, fictional buckets of cash to Gwill! Ask, ask!

Actually, also on the subject of comm lot arrivals and/or townie behaviour, I'd love to see something that told them they could change out of that stupid work uniform they put on that one time Playable X brought them home from work. I know there are controllers and mods that can allow us to manually change them into something else later - or you can try to lure them into a hot tub or pool so they'll "reset to Casual" - but it just looks stupid to me seeing these townies (or your playables, if you haven't gotten back over to their house yet) show up on comm lots still wearing uniforms from jobs they probably don't even really have.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2008 April 29, 10:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish "Pantry of Awesomeness" for fishes. Unlike fruits, however, there is no existing animation for taking out fishes from fridge, so it may not be possible.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 April 29, 11:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it detects that the food on plate will fit within the tankage space alotted. Therefore, hey, free stuff. It should not really be a commonplace thing to encounter platestubs like that, but waiting longer would cause them to go bad. Tongue

I'll second this. It's a bit ridiculous that the local bowling alley should serve lime seared prawns and filet mignon. (And, yes I know you can set the menu on owned lots. I want the feature in unowned lots).
Owned lots can set the menu to anything you want. UNOWNED lots have no way for anyone to alter the state and have it be recorded, so you cannot obviously configure anything. Everything on an unowned lot must either autodetect or use defaults...or have an obnoxious array of paintings or individual tokens. This is frankly unfeasible when it comes to food.

Wants to donate money to charity and donate time to non-profit work might be interesting ways to burn some sim cash and get unemployed sims out of the house for a few hours.
So many options for getting rid of money. Already. Familyfunds it away, or use the old FFS Money Order to give it to an NPC, as the NPC family can actually go into cash depletion and be unable to properly patronize businesses. Unemployed sims can be gotten out of the house by sending them on hikes, car spins, or jogging.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: